Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 07:27 AM   #1
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Best / Well Played Cleric

I wonder if its too late for me to ask this question now, at lvl 63 LOL! but anyway...

So what makes people feel that you're playing your cleric class "properly"?

Obviously, you have to keep the entire party alive as best you can. But what if it's a small party, or a KQ where your party isn't tanking?

Recently I've been exposed to situations where my party in KQ isn't taking any hits, I was on guard prepared to heal them if any of them gets hit, but for about half the KQ I was just standing there being prepared. I look like I'm leeching. But if I help with the killing, if some mage/archer suddenly got attacked by 3+ mobs, they die before I could react.

Or when I duo with an archer. They can take 3-4 hits (5-10 sec) before their live starts to look dangerously low. But if i help fight, I risk not healing them in time (sometimes animations seems to slow down my reaction).

So, how do people feel if I was just standing there waiting to heal something? Will they understand that I'm preparing myself? Or do I have to busy myself with some killing in my spare time...?

What do you guys do?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 04-30-2008, 07:32 AM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
LOL I'm a cleric myself so I have no idea but.. I usually just heal the main tank (if it's a KQ) or just heal someone to keep myself looking busy, haha.

I think that as long as no one is screaming for heal then I think they will understand? At higher levels anyway...
Old 04-30-2008, 07:34 AM   #3
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Well, you've eliminated almost everything you can do @__@

You can't attack, shrooming would be worse since you'd have to unshroom and there's action lag, also you'd look like a leecher...

Just Heal whoever's taking a hit at the time even if they're not in your party?
Old 04-30-2008, 08:49 AM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
A well played Cleric: Keeping 12 Fighters alive in Robo KQ being the only Cleric. :P
Old 04-30-2008, 08:52 AM   #5
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
I think you should attack in your free time..you should be able to select the archer/mage who suddenly attacks quickly enough...I don't see any problem. If that person dies in 1 or 2 hits, then there's nothing you could have done even if you had him/her selected.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 04-30-2008, 10:11 AM   #6
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
A well-played cleric keeps people buffed, alive, and healthy while conserving their own sp and keeping themselves alive, even through times of mass peril when you have aggros going everywhere.

I would say if you can keep a party of a couple or more mages alive whilst in such a predicament, that's a pretty awesome feat.

I dunno though, personally I don't think its very challenging to play a cleric, at all, lmao. But its true that if you start striking mobs you can lose your teammates lives, which is why I only strike mobs when I solo, or if its a elite or something and I've got restore or invinc on my partner.

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 04-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #7
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
Originally Posted by vasu619 View Post
I think you should attack in your free time..you should be able to select the archer/mage who suddenly attacks quickly enough...I don't see any problem. If that person dies in 1 or 2 hits, then there's nothing you could have done even if you had him/her selected.
There you go xD

That's why I buy a +9 hammer now that I'm going to be this high lvl.

In my free time I'll bash a few skulls in >=3

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 04-30-2008, 12:01 PM   #8
xNevetSx
Crab

In-Game Name: xNevetSx
Current Level: cleric 3X mage 2X
Server: TEVA
xNevetSx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xNevetSx
well
if i have nothing to do somtimes i get a mob to attack me so my party can get some action or i just start danceing, but i always stay prepared
Old 04-30-2008, 02:07 PM   #9
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Hess, I know that you are referring to the Spider KQ, haha. From personal experience, I say stand there and be ready to heal. My mage has died in the Spider KQ and no one else in my party was taking hits, so the cleric should have been able to heal me. But, I relaized my cleric had started attacking BECAUSE no one was taking hits. So, when I pulled agro on the mobs, they did not have time to react before I died. so, just stand there looking pretty and keep an eye on the mage(s) in your party, because they will be the one to go down the fastest with little time to react. Especially when we chain Nova on the Graverobbers.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 04-30-2008, 11:14 PM   #10
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
LOL!!! Spirit... you were reading my mind HAHAHA

Coz i've always been a Hit and Heal cleric... (with a +9 hammer, and duo with a fighter, I always had plenty of time to hit and heal us)

But yeah Spider KQ is so weird! there's often just 1 person that tanks everything (only 1 person losing HP), sometimes i cant find that person coz they're always surrounded by a lot of mobs, and even when i found them, they're often kept alive very well (and of coz, if they're not kept alive very well I have something to do and heal them LOL!).

Then suddenly a wave of mob spawns and kills all the mages in 2 sec!! (some mages like to AOE before the tankers mock O_O) So i was kinda stuck between do I get ready... or do i hit....

I like the idea of healing ppl to look busy, maybe i should hv a Heal 01 as shortcut to conserve my SP too HAHA

I was also referring to Partying with Rof (archer). As I said, when I duo with a fighter, i deal 50% of the dmg... (the fighter i duo with is END based and doesnt use CS, so I hit almost just as much as him)... but when I party with Rof, I feel like i'm not doing anything when i'm just being prepared to heal him keke... but when i start hitting, it slows me down from healing him and he potentially is in danger...

lvra, do you Hit and Heal with you party with Rof?! I guess I could ask Rof too if he wants me to just heal or help as well... keke

LOL@Nevet - I didnt really wanna dance coz that'll be just as bad as me standing around, i want to look busy LOL!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread