Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 05-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Soe

Looks like SOE (Sony's PC game division) has gone down, relating to the PSN network breach. Bleh. No DCUO for me. And possible identity theft. Oh joy!

http://maintenance.station.sony.com/
Old 05-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
So your DCUO game runs on PC through the SOE?

Man they've really stuffed up..

Ironic thing is the hacker probably knows my dad's password better than himself now. Coz Sony made us make something ridiculous up that we can't even remember.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #3
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
This is such a pain in the ass Y_Y
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Station is the name of Sony's online PC gaming division. There are quite a few games that are managed under The Station's banner. All of those games are currently down until further notice. This even includes the forums. Bleh.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I'm now going back to big sites that I've signed up for make sure my DOB is not correct on there..

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 05-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #6
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Do you have a fake DOB that you use for everything?

I've used a fake DOB for some things but inevitably, I'll forget my password for that account and I'll have to reconfirm with my fake date of birth that I don't remember...

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:45 PM   #7
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Most forums and stuff I've used fake DOB.. but like a big gaming site like Sony I would've trusted them and put a real one in thinking it shouldn't really matter...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 05-03-2011, 12:02 AM   #8
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
It's credit card info that's @ threat.
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:04 AM   #9
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
It's credit card info that's @ threat.
Originally Posted by SOE
Dear Valued Sony Online Entertainment Customer:
Our ongoing investigation of illegal intrusions into Sony Online Entertainment systems has discovered that hackers may have obtained personal customer information from SOE systems. We are today advising you that the personal information you provided us in connection with your SOE account may have been stolen in a cyber-attack. Stolen information includes, to the extent you provided it to us, the following: name, address (city, state, zip, country), email address, gender, birthdate, phone number, login name and hashed password.

Customers outside the United States should be advised that we further discovered evidence that information from an outdated database from 2007 containing approximately 12,700 non-US customer credit or debit card numbers and expiration dates (but not credit card security codes) and about 10,700 direct debit records listing bank account numbers of certain customers in Germany, Austria, Netherlands and Spain may have also been obtained. We will be notifying each of those customers promptly.

There is no evidence that our main credit card database was compromised. It is in a completely separate and secured environment.
Not with SOE, at least at present. We'll see how the chips ultimately fall.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:05 AM   #10
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

credit card you can change..

I think it's the identity fraud that's more scary...

We knew a friend who had a $20k loan taken out under his name and he had no idea about it...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...