Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
OzzyD
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: Kernel_Panic; MadStatistician; OzzyD
Current Level: 31; 12; 6
Server: Teva; Teva; Epith
OzzyD is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to OzzyD
Drop cataloging for Wiki

You may have seen by now, that people (like myself) have started putting drop ratios for bad guys into the Wiki.

=== WE NOW NEED YOUR HELP ===

Helping us is easy. We have devised a piece of software which will allow you to tell us what drops you get from what bad guys, in which areas, for your level and class. (If you have more than one PC, or have a dual-screen monitor setup, you will find it easier to use ^.^)

You can find it here. It's quite simple to use. Once you sign up, it's a three step operation. Select the map, select the bad guy, record the drops.

At certain points, certain people (probably me, but Dezza might help if I poke him enough) will translate this info to the Wiki pages.

Simple guide. Only count drops from non-KS'd mobs by soloing people.

Because not all the maps/monsters/drops are in the database yet, will be giving first 10 people or so map, monster, and drop adding privileges.

Any problems, you can either discuss them here, or for a quicker response, we have our own discussion board

Thanks for your time,

OzzyD
Old 04-25-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I'm moving this to the wiki section.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:57 PM   #3
Yatsushiro
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Yatsushiro
Current Level: 40
Server: Apoline
Yatsushiro is on a distinguished road
I'm not too clear on this.

I've signed up, taken a look around and whatever.

You mean you'd like me to record all of the drops that I get, from which monster, and how many of each item, and then pop it in your database?

If that's right, simple enough.

What I'm not too sure on -- I select the drop from the list, then in the box next to it put how many?

Just wanna clear it up so I don't do it wrong!!

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #4
Dezza
Site Supporter

In-Game Name: Dezza
Current Level: 55/Archer, 35/Cleric, 15/Mage
Server: Bijou [EU]
Dezza will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Yatsushiro View Post
What I'm not too sure on -- I select the drop from the list, then in the box next to it put how many?
I believe that is correct, yes.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #5
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Hm... how are you guys differentiating between those who use Hunter's War Rant and those who don't?

Or does it not matter...?

But still a really cool project. I'll try to help out!

Old 04-25-2008, 08:56 PM   #6
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
Hm... how are you guys differentiating between those who use Hunter's War Rant and those who don't?

The Hunter's War Rant increases drop rate by 50%; I believe that means more items drop, but the ratio remains the same.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:12 PM   #7
OzzyD
Mushroom Fighter

Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
I'm moving this to the wiki section.
You have a Wiki section?! Lol, sorry. Didn't see that :-#

Originally Posted by Yatsushiro View Post
I'm not too clear on this.

I've signed up, taken a look around and whatever.

You mean you'd like me to record all of the drops that I get, from which monster, and how many of each item, and then pop it in your database?

If that's right, simple enough.

Just wanna clear it up so I don't do it wrong!!

Thanks in advance.
You can select a map from the left menu, then choose the required mob from the list or the second menu, and then from there, select "record drop" from the drop menu. You select your player class, and insert the level, followed by the drop(s) given and the quantity.

You can do everything from the record drop by typing things in... e.g. if you type "har" in the monster field, you'd get "Harkan", or "ten" in the first drop field, it'll automatically select "Tender Meat" :P

It doesn't matter. It's better to have Hunter's War Rant tho Gets the job done faster

P.S. Sorry for the lateness of reply - I've been out.

Last edited by OzzyD; 04-25-2008 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: Spelling errors plus additional information
Old 04-26-2008, 05:57 AM   #8
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
What does the Domain (Local Database vs. From Forum Database) mean? And which one do I want to use?

Also, are you the one that adds map or can we do it ourselves? (Abysmal Summit would be a nice map to add.) ^^

Last edited by Ralath; 04-26-2008 at 06:08 AM..
Old 04-26-2008, 07:16 AM   #9
OzzyD
Mushroom Fighter

What does the Domain (Local Database vs. From Forum Database) mean? And which one do I want to use?

Also, are you the one that adds map or can we do it ourselves? (Abysmal Summit would be a nice map to add.) ^^
The software has its own database on my server. Local Database is the software's own personal database.

Forum Database just allows you to use your username and password from the Project Alpha Forums to access the system.

You can use either.

As for the maps and monster adding, consider yourself with elevated access rights

You solo in Abysmal Summit?? (Don't count drops in parties) I suppose that's possible.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:22 AM   #10
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Originally Posted by OzzyD View Post
You solo in Abysmal Summit?? (Don't count drops in parties) I suppose that's possible.
I solo because I can't find good parties half the time... >_>

Closed Thread