Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:32 PM   #1
thedarkhaze
Slime

thedarkhaze is on a distinguished road
Wiki

Although it is nice that everyone is gathering information, I would suggest we "borrow" information from the language versions of the game. For example the Chinese name of the game is called Shine, and the Japanese name of the game is called Bright Kingdom Online.

I have yet to find the chinese wiki, but this is the japanese one:

http://brkingwiki.3amop.com/index.php?FrontPage

For example in our unique items list, they already have giant tables of all sorts of "unique" items.

Example: swords

http://brkingwiki.3amop.com/index.ph...B4%EF%2F%B7%F5

maces

http://brkingwiki.3amop.com/index.ph...E1%A5%A4%A5%B9

Another example is the stats page, it's pretty much not complete considering what their stat pages state:

http://brkingwiki.3amop.com/index.ph...BC%A5%BF%A5%B9

For example, it says every level you get 1 stat point, at 20 job change you get 5 at 60 you get 10. The level tables and the diminishing returns for more stat points in certain stats. etc. etc. I suggest we get a team together to go through and translate much of the wiki and transfer much of the data over that's if you really want a complete wiki

edit

Another example is the maps, we are sorely lacking in maps, for the time being we could borrow the maps as well and overwrite the names with english ones:

http://brkingwiki.3amop.com/index.ph...CF%B0%E8%BF%DE

Last edited by thedarkhaze; 08-05-2007 at 10:41 PM.. Reason: more examples, making topic clearer
Old 08-05-2007, 11:04 PM   #2
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
Yes, that would be really nice @___@

I tried to translate some of the words using babelfish and another translator, they didn't fully translate it. So it might be complicated 8_8

I'm gonna move this to the feedback forum, btw.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:25 PM   #3
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Google ftw:

<Google Translation of the site>

Not a perfect translation, but not bad either I think I'll poke around in there.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
ElNinoFr
Mushroom

In-Game Name: ElNinoFr
Current Level: ~15
ElNinoFr is on a distinguished road
Well i'm not english so my english is soso :/.

But, borrow information can be a big help BUT (i didn't check but there is high chance that's the case) the Jap & chinese version should be in some episode after us, so using this info can be wrong :/. Some thing can be NIY for our episode and some Other can be not accurate for some reason (updated for exemple).

So just get that blindly can be a really bad idea :/

off-topic (but not off-wiki :x) : I think Mob Drop & Mob Location should be Fuse :/ :
you havee the Screen and under him, you have the Mob list w there drop. I wanted to do that but i prefere to speak about before doing it.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Yeah, I don't think all the information there is reliable for the English version. The tempering section, for instance, says:
  • +1 to +3 if you fail then only your enhancement stone is lost.
  • +4 to +7 if you fail then you lose the stone and there's a chance of the + value dropping. But no breaking.
  • Higher than +7, you lose the stone, the + value drops and there's chance that the item will break.
I think this might actually be how it was in cb1, but I don't know. That's definitely not the way it is for us now. I wish it was, that way is much nicer I think. Easier to get it enhanced at least a little but still risky to take it all the way up. Having the possibility of items breaking going from +0 to +1 (happened to me twice) sucks.

Anyway, if anyone does steal from that, be careful and check it out first; don't just assume it's accurate.

Originally Posted by ElNinoFr
off-topic (but not off-wiki :x) : I think Mob Drop & Mob Location should be Fuse :/ :
you havee the Screen and under him, you have the Mob list w there drop. I wanted to do that but i prefere to speak about before doing it.

I was thinking that too actually. Maybe combine all the specific monster guides into one Monster Information section. Just not too sure of the best way to go about it.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:00 PM   #6
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
That enhancement system would be perfect. I don't understand why they don't base the English version on the chinese/korean version. Seems ridiculous.

Anyway, thanks for the information, although some of it can't be used with our English version, a lot of the numbers seem to be the same (like the levelling chart).
Old 08-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #7
ElNinoFr
Mushroom

Originally Posted by Pritcher View Post
I was thinking that too actually. Maybe combine all the specific monster guides into one Monster Information section. Just not too sure of the best way to go about it.
I don't know who is the "master" of this wiki, but I think i'll try to do something maybe tomorrow (i'll do it on an other page and if that's not good, pfiouuuuuf trash)

Okay, so i've done a little test :

http://www.fiestafan.com/wiki/index.php/User:ElNinoFr

Not Big Modification but small fusion. Need your opinion... :x

Last edited by ElNinoFr; 08-10-2007 at 09:49 AM..
Old 08-11-2007, 01:02 AM   #8
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Ack, damn, I didn't realize you were going to work on it. After I wrote that last comment yesterday I went about working on it myself, lol. I should have said something.

Nobody is really the "master" of the wiki and everyone is free to edit at will. I generally only add to and try never to delete anybody else's stuff. Keetos is the site administrator in the end though.

I actually just more or less finished enough to put it up and was coming here to say so since it was brought up here. I didn't change any of the current pages but I created a new page linked to the main page:

Monster Information

I used revised versions of the tables I made in the Monster Location section to include drops and tacked the XP Rate Table on the bottom so it includes everything from all three monster related guides. I tried to write it so as to make it as easy as possible for people to add to/edit the mob drop information, but it is different than the other one.

It's going to look a good bit different in the edit view and I'd recommend editing sections individually because the thing as a whole is pretty big. Also, I listed by monster levels rather than by areas because done by area you have to list many monsters multiple times and each would have to be updated individually for several different areas. This way the drop info only needs to be edited or added to once for a each monster.

I put a contributor credit down for everyone that was credited in the other guides.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:19 AM   #9
ElNinoFr
Mushroom

Personnaly, i think, Vertical format aren't really good, because you lost MANY space :/.

But organizing monster by lvl aren't a bad thing

The xp tables are a little useless i think, only the xp at same level should be see (in the monster info). People know that the xp just go down so they know that they will gain less xp :/

I don't like grey & black but that my opinion (white & black a really good for people w some eye problem).

But it's good other than
Old 08-11-2007, 11:05 AM   #10
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

In-Game Name: Ramesiel
Current Level: 55
Server: Teva
tehfusion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to tehfusion Send a message via AIM to tehfusion Send a message via MSN to tehfusion Send a message via Yahoo to tehfusion Send a message via Skype™ to tehfusion
This post no longer exists.

Last edited by tehfusion; 01-15-2009 at 01:15 AM..
Closed Thread