Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 05:14 AM   #1
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
Regarding vandalism of wiki

From the history, it seems that some person has vandalised the fiestawiki, deliberately changing the information to false information (no one accidently changes the info for world DJ to "shout 100000000000 times in 2 seconds" do they?) While it has been restored, i would like to say that vandalism is not only a childish act, it also can easily be undone, and it is more easy to undo vandalism then it is to vandalise, so please give up.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:13 AM   #2
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
That's... pretty evil. As if we needed more frantic spamming in towns and maps in order to get titles... -_-;;
Old 12-09-2007, 06:21 AM   #3
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Vandalism of the Wiki should an instant IP ban.

I see no one has changed "fateroit" back to "ateroit" in the Title Guide... ^^;;
Old 12-09-2007, 06:54 AM   #4
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
=.="
Immature people just do this for fun ...
I seriously don't get the point of it.

Is it only members of fiestafan can edit and create? Or is it everyone right now?
Old 12-09-2007, 06:56 AM   #5
Falzz
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Atsutane
Current Level: 25
Server: Teva
Falzz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
Vandalism of the Wiki should an instant IP ban.

I see no one has changed "fateroit" back to "ateroit" in the Title Guide... ^^;;
Yea, they should get IP banned like what Wikipedia does.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:30 AM   #6
jacquin
Bored Imp

jacquin is on a distinguished road
It's a reason why I watch the Monster Info page. While finding well made vandals is a mess (wait, no Phinos aren't summoned monsters are they?) finding obvious issues is a synch (no, the Sword of My Pants does NOT drop from a Slime).

Thus, it would probably be much easier if the dedicated folks had a few pages on watch and do quick scans for changes. Even if no one vandalizes it, it's neat just to see a part of the wiki grow.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:33 AM   #7
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
Everyone can edit the wiki, but the IP will be recorded.

To some extend I agree with IP bans, but innocent people may be affected, (such as maybe an innocent sibling of a vandal or lan shops), and vandals can use proxy ips.

I believe Phinos are not summoned monsters. summoned monsters would not drop soul/spirit/gem dust, and would drop summoned beast leathers. I forgot what they are though...
Old 12-09-2007, 08:37 AM   #8
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Zotius is on a distinguished road
I gotta agree that undoing vandalised is super easy with a back up thus making vandalism a complete waste of time.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:39 AM   #9
jacquin
Bored Imp

jacquin is on a distinguished road
Oh, I used that bit about phinos as an example. They are elemental.

Funny thing is, I used that just because I knew locating a wrong monster type would be tricky. Right after that, though, I end up having to change a few types: ratmen were set as beasts and prock zones as elementals (they are summoned and spirits respectively).
Old 12-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #10
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by NotMyWay View Post
Everyone can edit the wiki, but the IP will be recorded.

To some extend I agree with IP bans, but innocent people may be affected, (such as maybe an innocent sibling of a vandal or lan shops), and vandals can use proxy ips.

I believe Phinos are not summoned monsters. summoned monsters would not drop soul/spirit/gem dust, and would drop summoned beast leathers. I forgot what they are though...
In any event, temporary suspensions are general procedure. Even if there are innocents affected, IP bans eventually expire.

Unless, of course, the sysop decides to give an indefinite ban.
Closed Thread