Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
StevieRae
Slime

In-Game Name: StevieRae
Current Level: 43
Server: Teva
StevieRae is on a distinguished road
Pvp/Pve Mage spell empowerments. Need some advice~!

Hello, I am curious on what spells to empower. I read numerous guides on Mages that say add:

5 points on MM CD
5 points on Fire bolt's CD/power
etc.. But, I'm curious on the following empowerments:

Obviously, 5 points on Magic blast's CD and power.
Fire ball's Power and CD.

Are those two empowerment options lucrative? or just a waste? In the several mages I have tested, MM/FB empowering, MM especially, aren't as useful as the guides say.

Other questions for you guys are:

Is Magic missile replaced with Magic blast at 49 totally? or should i still use it post-49?

When you acquire the spells in 5x, should you replace the cousin spells, or keep using them as well?

Thanks for your input, guys. ^^
Old 12-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Magic missle and FB empowering is a waste. The only thing I would advise empowering is cool down on MM .. then maybe a stat reset at 60.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
Sanastra
Fire Mushroom

Sanastra is on a distinguished road
if you dont wanna purchase reset scroll dont worry 2 much about it.. you can still make it worth for you.

My empowerment at the moment is.

5dmg 5cooldown magic blast.

5cooldown magic missle.

I have nothing on fireball because to me the animation takes 2 long, it usually leads to my opponents getting the chance to stone. which is pretty costly when it comes to killing fighters, its not even on my skillbar anymore. (Other mages love the move, am just the oddball)

anyways, i use my combo in the following order: MB.MM.MB.IB.MB.MM.MB.FB.MB.MM.MB.LB.MB.MM.MB.LB.MB .MM.MB.

by the time i get to about lighting blast, is blast and firebolt are just about cooled down. so i rarely need to use lighting bolt unless i want to kite.

Because of the 5cooldown in magic missle you can use MM(highest level) within your spam combo without worrying about time inbetween spells.
Now if you have the sc to spend on reset scroll then by all means doso.. but am just letting you know, you are not screwed. u can make it work with a bit of practise

(this is lvl 81+ when you can spam magic blast)
Closed Thread