Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 10-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #11
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all

Okay, I'm folding right now. 90021 is the team number for Fiesta right? Reminds me of that old drama 90210 a little. Now, I'm folding, what's it mean?
Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:06 PM   #12
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Ummm.... what the heck does this do?

Sorry for sounding so uneducated, but I've never heard of folding and just want to know a little more about it.

Thanks!!!!

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:14 PM   #13
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
thoughts this was about folding your laundry at home O.o

Wruh - level 26 Cleric
Oniruka- level 11 Fighter (vendor)
click here to spank me!! NOW!!
.o0O0O0o. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:26 PM   #14
Administrator
Administrator

Administrator is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What is protein folding and how is folding linked to disease? Proteins are biology's workhorses -- its "nanomachines." Before proteins can carry out these important functions, they assemble themselves, or "fold." The process of protein folding, while critical and fundamental to virtually all of biology, in many ways remains a mystery.

Moreover, when proteins do not fold correctly (i.e. "misfold"), there can be serious consequences, including many well known diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many Cancers and cancer-related syndromes.

You can help by simply running a piece of software. Folding@Home is a distributed computing project -- people from through out the world download and run software to band together to make one of the largest supercomputers in the world. Every computer makes the project closer to our goals. Folding@Home uses novel computational methods coupled to distributed computing, to simulate problems thousands to millions of times more challenging than previously achieved.
Basically they are running simulations of protiens to try and figure out how they work so they can cure diseases. The more people who run the software, the faster the simulations go, and the closer they get to possible cures.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:33 PM   #15
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
-begins folding away-

Is the program a stand alone client?
Do I have to finish a work unit for my statistic to show on the Fiesta team page?

Edit: 104 days til I finish a work unit. Is this normal? Never mind, I figured it out. I just got a huge work unit.

Last edited by Dynamics; 10-15-2007 at 10:52 PM..
Old 10-15-2007, 10:53 PM   #16
Administrator
Administrator

Administrator is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
-begins folding away-

Is the program a stand alone client?
Do I have to finish a work unit for my statistic to show on the Fiesta team page?

Edit: 104 days til I finish a work unit. Is this normal?
Yes its a stand alone client.

Yes, you have to finish a work unit to show up on the FiestaFan team page.

104 days is a little long, it will probably speed up, what kind of computer do you have?
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:23 PM   #17
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Never mind. It did speed up. It'll be another day or so. I think my system just screwed up the estimates at the beginning somehow.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:22 AM   #18
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Wth I have 96 days to go. D:
Old 10-16-2007, 12:56 AM   #19
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
Wth I have 96 days to go. D:
That doesn't seem right. I usually finish of a WU in a day or 3 depending on how big it is and how much free time I give my computer to work on it. Did you fiddle with any of the settings or anything?
Pritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:00 AM   #20
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Any way to allow the client to continue on a work unit after restarting?