Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
Gandalfa82
Boogy

In-Game Name: Raimund
Server: Teva
Gandalfa82 is on a distinguished road
Problems Uploading

anytime I try to upload a file I get an error:
The file is corrupt or has an incorrect extension. Please check the file and upload again.

I can upload using .jpg but .png format is blocked. Is there a reason for this? All my files are in .png format and it is a pain to convert to jpg and keep colors or bmp and not take up a huge amount of room.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #2
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
The format of the file you try to upload must match the extension of the file name you're placing it under. So if you try to upload a PNG file to wiki/something.gif, you will get that error.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 10-22-2008, 02:59 AM   #3
Gandalfa82
Boogy

hum... I was doing png but it was from the uploader and the extentions were matching up.

Will try again on other items, I have a few more to do.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #4
Icy
Huge Slime

Then that's bizarre.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 10-23-2008, 01:15 AM   #5
Gandalfa82
Boogy

just checked again, I can not upload png files.

I try different ways but they all fail with the same error.

BTW, I have like 100 files to upload and I don't want to convert them over to .jpg/gif to upload.

Redoing the whole Skill Master Page will be a pain and a half.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:45 AM   #6
Icy
Huge Slime

I have tested this myself and I am now convinced that this is an error on behalf of the system. Let's forward this to Entropy.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #7
Gandalfa82
Boogy

ok, so I take it your bringing it to the attention of Entropy. So I will hold off till I hear more from that. Please let me know when you hear something so I know if I need to reformat all the files I have and change the pages.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #8
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
-necro-

Are there any updates to this?

I suppose Entropy hasnt been around to fix it? Coz I tried to upload some screenshots for the Guilds page, and is getting the same error msg...

I guess I've only got a few screenshots.. so I could change them to another file format if that works... (though I thought we want Wiki to have all png files...) So should I change them to jpg?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-05-2009, 08:42 AM   #9
Gandalfa82
Boogy

I would not consider it a necro since your question is about the topic.

And yes, convert to jpg to upload. Right now .png is off limits.

At one point our goal was to get all items .png but screen shots were to be .jpg anyway I think.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:12 AM   #10
Icy
Huge Slime

Generally, GIF compression (websnap adaptive 256) gives you good quality for bytes for small files ~ 100x100, say. PNG is also okay for these small ones. BMP is only good for very small files. With PNG, files the size of 1280x800 screenshots always seem to be larger than JPEG (similar quality, ~9/10)... i.e. use .jpg format anyway!

Edit: Nope, problem persists.

Closed Thread