Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 01:39 AM   #21
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Next time, your self-proclaimed Wiki Head Admin Triumph will do the honour.
Whoa there. If I'm self-proclaimed, why do I serve as mentor to the Icynub and slavemaster to the horde?

Wow, I made a Warcraft reference.

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
That wouldn't be me. Would it be Triumph? He's not answering you on that, LOL. If not Triumph, then I'll forward this thread to Entropy?
I do not think that Entropy has given me the permissions. That would be core administrative duties, and my duties lie in the superficial realm of banning and slavedriving.

Last edited by Triumph; 08-25-2008 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: Formatting error, eh...
Old 08-25-2008, 03:58 AM   #22
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
And what, you expect me to sit and monitor every waking hour of the day?
Yes.

Isnt that wat slavemaster does?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 08-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #23
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Being a slavemaster means I sit in bed daily.

And eat.

And do no legitimate work.

Aha, I will do that now.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:11 PM   #24
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Being a slavemaster means I sit in bed daily.

And eat.

And do no legitimate work.

Aha, I will do that now.
The oppression of slaves shall continue no more. The slavemaster is no longer useful to the slaves. Rise, comrades! Let the blood of the slavemaster be spilt! It is time for a revolution. Be very afraid, Triumph.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 08-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #25
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
I LOL'd at this thread.

By the way, you all have forgotten Ralath's suggestion: image verification. I don't think bots are sophisticated enough to be able to "read" the texts in the randomly generated images yet. It is an awesome anti-bot feature, I believe.

-------------------------------------------------
Old 08-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #26
Icy
Huge Slime

Originally Posted by lamchopz View Post
I LOL'd at this thread.

By the way, you all have forgotten Ralath's suggestion: image verification. I don't think bots are sophisticated enough to be able to "read" the texts in the randomly generated images yet. It is an awesome anti-bot feature, I believe.
Image verification upon saving an edit, for unregistered users only.
The step is unnecessary for registered users.

That would work, but the wiki software needs to have the feature.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 08-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #27
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Originally Posted by Icy View Post
The oppression of slaves shall continue no more. The slavemaster is no longer useful to the slaves. Rise, comrades! Let the blood of the slavemaster be spilt! It is time for a revolution. Be very afraid, Triumph.

Bring it on...

That is nothing compared to my abusive admin star.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:25 PM   #28
Icy
Huge Slime

Bring it on...

That is nothing compared to my abusive admin star.

Uh... Gah!

Omg, your icon is more über

Old 08-30-2008, 12:27 AM   #29
Gandalfa82
Boogy

In-Game Name: Raimund
Server: Teva
Gandalfa82 is on a distinguished road
Image verification is good but in the case like what happened there I'm sure the bot would be able to handle the image verification. There are a few that can work trough it. I would do something around the line of Edits require image verification, New page requires registration + 10 edits of 24 hours. Basically, to make new pages you have to edit 10 pages and those edits be unreverted for 24 hours. This would limit the ability to make a new page to those who have proved they are not spamming. There are very few reasons to make a new page but I have done it a time or two when the page did not exist or I just did not look in the right place.

Now, did someone say something about a slave revolt? Hum... guess I missed that memo. Why don't they tell the slaves anything? How we supposed to revolt without communication with each other? It's hard having a slave life.

P.S. Great job on the rings page Icy I like how it turned out.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:40 AM   #30
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
How about something like this: show an image and they answer via multiple choice what it is, or something like "Complete the pattern" type of thing. It will give some much needed exercise, (JK) and prevent bots from spamming, since they have no brains at all.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Closed Thread