Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:26 AM   #31
A_Forever
:w

You must learn to love yourself for who you are and tell everyone else to f*** off.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #32
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Hey Carmasa, I think Hrae was saying something like this: You don't have any business telling people not to vote on something, because they might feel strongly about the issue, just like you feel strongly about Prop. 8.

And you definitely have no business saying "Most blacks voted for Obama, most blacks voted against gay marriage." That's unabashed, depraved and baseless collectivism. Every man thinks with his mind, not with the colour of his skin.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 11-06-2008, 12:44 AM   #33
Carmasa
Marlone Clan Soldier

Carmasa is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Carmasa
Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
Hey Carmasa, I think Hrae was saying something like this: You don't have any business telling people not to vote on something, because they might feel strongly about the issue, just like you feel strongly about Prop. 8.

And you definitely have no business saying "Most blacks voted for Obama, most blacks voted against gay marriage." That's unabashed, depraved and baseless collectivism. Every man thinks with his mind, not with the colour of his skin.
It was a mindless suggestion in the Mountain of Spam. I couldn't care less who voted or not, since it was inevidable that B. Hussein Obama Bin Laden was going to win for months, now.

Do you not understand statistics? Like it or not, I don't care. It is true.

And you stretch the truth by saying EVERY man.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #34
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Edit: Uh, when I checked last, 93% of blacks were polling towards Obama. I would call that "most blacks".

This is the most ridiculous proposition I've seen in quite a while. (WAY more so than prop 2, which I strongly opposed.)

Although is doesn't effect me, I find it infuriating. Voters said things like "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" on the news interviews. Ever heard of fucking separation of Church and State? Oh, and don't even get me started on the "Yes on 8" ad. Idiots like that should be exiled to some plot of land way-the-hell out of the states. Or at least not be allowed to vote.

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
The thing is, California is one of the most liberal states in the country.
<3

Last edited by Hyper; 11-06-2008 at 12:49 AM..
Old 11-06-2008, 12:51 AM   #35
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
You might need to brush up on your reading comprehension, Carmasa. Either that or stop letting your emotions cloud your judgement. I'm a member of PFLAG and think all American citizens are entitled to the same rights. The fact that Prop. 8 passed distresses me. My point was that you shouldn't discourage people to vote for any reason, especially when you're not of voting age. Why? Unless you've had some sort of rigourous Jesuit-like education involving major critical thinking and logic skills, you simply haven't had time to develop them on your own at your age. You end up with fascile statements like "McCain is on cocaine. Obama's an Obamination." Bad puns do not political discourse make, my friend.

There is too much voter apathy like it is. You say the youth are passioniate and that is simply not true. Take a look at youth turnout numbers, they've been running in the 20 - mid 20%s for a long time now. That means that 20% of registered youth voters are getting out there. It's rather laughable.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:07 AM   #36
Carmasa
Marlone Clan Soldier

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
You might need to brush up on your reading comprehension, Carmasa. Either that or stop letting your emotions cloud your judgement. I'm a member of PFLAG and think all American citizens are entitled to the same rights. The fact that Prop. 8 passed distresses me. My point was that you shouldn't discourage people to vote for any reason, especially when you're not of voting age. Why? Unless you've had some sort of rigourous Jesuit-like education involving major critical thinking and logic skills, you simply haven't had time to develop them on your own at your age. You end up with fascile statements like "McCain is on cocaine. Obama's an Obamination." Bad puns do not political discourse make, my friend.

There is too much voter apathy like it is. You say the youth are passioniate and that is simply not true. Take a look at youth turnout numbers, they've been running in the 20 - mid 20%s for a long time now. That means that 20% of registered youth voters are getting out there. It's rather laughable.
Simple joking around, and yet, you still attempt to pick at the bones of others. You act so far above everyone, but you really aren't much but all talk. The youths [later teens] are passionate about this proposition, and you can't say otherwise without showing incredible ignorance, dearest fossil.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:46 AM   #37
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
quick question, are there any states left that haven't banned gay marriage?

nvm, decided to just use google like i should have in the first place ._..

also, screw maryland, wtf, we've had a law on this for like 30 years before it even came up and it just happens to be against gay marriage <_<?

if i ever do decide i want to get married (which i'm totally deciding not to right now but if i ever do a total 180 on it) i guess it's just not happening unless i leave the country >_>

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"

Last edited by Destrus; 11-06-2008 at 02:01 AM..
Old 11-06-2008, 02:02 AM   #38
cillia
O(≧∇≦)O ~♪

In-Game Name: yufu,Vangel
Current Level: 61, 26
Server: West
cillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cillia Send a message via MSN to cillia Send a message via Yahoo to cillia
my whole county in CA voted no. but i guess santa cruz is to small to count >.>

Quote:
96:What's 『マジか』?
97: >>96 are you serious?
98:Yes, I am.
99:that was an answer, not a question

Dragon Nest
IGN: leafie, Xiol
Class: Acrobat, Mystic
Guild: Duality
Server: Velskud (West)
Old 11-06-2008, 02:33 AM   #39
Carmasa
Marlone Clan Soldier

Well. Santa Cruz is a nice place, then, no matter how small. :]
Old 11-06-2008, 02:53 AM   #40
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
I blame Lake County.