Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 03:24 AM   #1
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
European IP-Ban

I've read on the forums (European and Outspark). Seems like that due to the acquisition of Fiesta by Gamigo (Euro client) and some disagreements, Outspark will soon be forced to terminate all services available to the European Fiesta population.

The rumours goes like this: Gamigo acquired license from OnsOnSoft and attempted negotiations with Outspark, during which Outspark made demands for the banning of all North American IPs from Gamigo services. Gamigo complied with such demands and attempted to consult with Outspark regarding possible transfers of European player datas to their servers (so that the players do not lose their investment), should they request that Outspark do the same as what they demanded from Gamigo (this is very likely to happen, as Alpha, a GM from the Euro version mentioned that Outspark has absolutely no right to distribute the game to the European players).

If you are a player from Europe I'd suggest that you do not spend any money on cash shop for the time being to avoid possible losses. Outspark has also deleted several threads regarding this discussion on their boards using "flaming" as reason. Along with the timing of the Asian packs I can't avoid thinking that this also incorporate some attempts to milk some last drops from the European players before they have to quit the U.S. version.

Source threads:
http://www.outspark.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85005 (Complain on thread deletions made on Outspark forums)
http://fiesta-forum.gamigo.de/showth...=1039#post1039 (European GM replies to inquiries)
Old 06-27-2008, 04:30 AM   #2
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I wonder what % of the user-base will be in the conflicted area.

If it's more than just a rumor, but Fiesta Community is generally really bad about those..
Old 06-27-2008, 04:41 AM   #3
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

Lolz. Considering more than half of my friends are foreigners I'd say that a LOT of players are from Europe. Outspark is bound to lose at least 10-15% of their earnings. They'd better pray no versions come out for SE Asia, or they will lose even more of their profits. As for me..... since I live in the US I have no choice but to continue in feeding their cash shop.

Edit: along with their latest "celebration" with the success of the packs I'd guess theyre going all out with last minute profit salvaging.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:55 AM   #4
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
They're likely to ban the US, but hopefully it won't be the other way around... >.< And doing that right after a bunch of selling packs would be so messed up. LOL. I don't think very many will be affected though. Not like if it was a country like the Philippines.

People can always still get past IP blocks, so if they really wanted, they could. =\
Old 06-27-2008, 05:05 AM   #5
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

Proxies & IP masking won't work... Also U.S. IP is already banned in Europe. I feel sorry for my friends from Euro lol... They just bought so many Kimono/Dragon packs. x) Too bad they're not on to hear the news; I'd like to see their virtual expressions. xP
Old 06-27-2008, 05:13 AM   #6
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ethelinde View Post
Proxies & IP masking won't work... Also U.S. IP is already banned in Europe. I feel sorry for my friends from Euro lol... They just bought so many Kimono/Dragon packs. x) Too bad they're not on to hear the news; I'd like to see their virtual expressions. xP
Was US IP ever allowed on the Europe version?

Or it was banned right from the start? (Or soon from the start)

Because Euro version came AFTER the US, so i'm not surprised Euro had to ban IP where a server already existed (just like how outspark banned asian IP soon after OB)

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 06-27-2008, 05:27 AM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I'm a CL and the reason those threads were closed is because there is no official word from Outspark yet. The decisions aren't final, so the CLs don't want drama in the forums over something that is potentially nothing.

I do know, for Outspark, completely blocking all of Europe would be financial suicide for them. 50% of the players have got to be from Europe.

I don't think this "deal" will happen right away, for the other version isn't even up and running yet from what I hear.

Last edited by Yosei; 06-27-2008 at 05:30 AM..
Old 06-27-2008, 05:37 AM   #8
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post

Because Euro version came AFTER the US, so i'm not surprised Euro had to ban IP where a server already existed (just like how outspark banned asian IP soon after OB)
USA IP was banned soon after the start following Outspark's demand. This isn't about server existence. It's about license rights. Just think of it as exact problem with subbed animes and what happens when a company within a certain territory acquire license to broadcast them.

Outspark demanded the Europeans to ban US IPs in order to prevent possible US cash shop users from playing the European version, hence to yield themselves maximum profit. For doing this of course the European company would want to retaliate, and since they now have the exclusive rights to service the European market they can also force Outspark to ban all European IPs.

Btw. not all Asian IPs are banned. If you look close enough only territories currently running Fiesta (in this case countries like China/Japan/Korea/Taiwan and areas in their close proximity) have had USA IP banned, and most likely per request (we were able to play JFiesta from USA at one point). Obviously USA servers came much much later than the Asian versions, but neverthless a ban is still made due to license rights.

If you look closely enough Outspark never had any rights to provide the client to anyone outside North America to begin with (as this is their territorial restriction for the license); the thing is just that there was no company in those said territories prior to this case to say anything about the issue.

Last edited by Ethelinde; 06-27-2008 at 05:41 AM..
Old 06-27-2008, 05:37 AM   #9
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
In a way... as a consumer's point of view.. i wish they'd just leave the IP open for both regions...

If we, as players, can choose to play either server, it gives the two companies competition to keep players and hence, improve the game!

But.. yeah.. companies hates competition... so i guess it's natrual for them to try and monopolise (if that's a word) the region...

and i hope they dont hv a SEA region of Fiesta~ as it is, i thought the population for this game isnt THAT great to have so many servers around the world~

EDIT:

@Ethe - okok i'll rephrease it...

"Because Euro license came AFTER the US license, so i'm not surprised Euro had to ban IP where a license already existed (just like how outspark banned China/Jap/Korean/Hong Kong IP soon after OB)

same thing...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 06-27-2008 at 05:47 AM..
Old 06-27-2008, 05:43 AM   #10
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post

The European version hasn't even launched yet, though. No one can know if US IPs are banned yet. They haven't officially said that they're IP banning, but there isn't much of a chance that they won't. [Alpha (the SKiNG of EU Fiesta) was hinting at making only Europeans able to make accounts... Luckily I already registered. >D]