Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #1
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Greyhound Tragedy

Warning: The story being told will be graphic. If you have a weak stomach I suggest you click on the back button right now.

Please keep the discussion on topic and of course 'mature'. Don't go off with a "OMG I can't believe it!" sort of thing.

Just recently there had been a "gruesome" murder on the Greyhound bus where a young man was stabbed then later decapitated by fellow bus mate.

The details of the report is here at this link.

In short, the Greyhound bus was traveling on the highway when a man suddenly started stabbing the person sitting beside him. Once the bus had stopped the passengers fled while 3 men held the door until police arrived. No other passengers were hurt in the incident. According to witnesses the man had stabbed the victim 50-60 times. Then later carved the victim's head off and held it while going back and forth on the bus, showing those outside the severed head.

In another news report they had mentioned how at the base of the neck where the head was severed, the marks were inconsistent with just being cut off. According some people they had seen the man eating the victim's flesh.

During the court hearing, after staying silent since his arrest, had muttered the words "please kill me".

----------

A lot of people would probably say that he should pay for what he did with his life though there isn't a death sentence in Canada (correct me if I'm wrong). In my opinion, he should live with the guilt of taking a young man's life in such a horrific manner. Death seems like an "easy way out" for such a crime.

Your opinions..?
Old 08-06-2008, 07:58 AM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I'm tempted to click on the link, but are there any pictures and things in it? D:

But omg, that's really crazy. But I thought he would be sent to those mental hospital-jails, or whatever you call it? Clearly he has some kind of mental disorder, right?

As for whether he should have paid for it with his life or living the rest of his life in guilt, I don't really know myself. I guess I would say he should spend the rest of his life feeling guilty in jail, but that's mostly because I feel weird to say that I wish someone would be punished with death for whatever they have done. But, lifelong sentence in jail would probably be just as bad, or even worse, anyway.

Personally, as long as he is kept well away from other people, then I don't have an opinion on it.

I also watched the chinese news that my dad was watching this morning, and it also talked about this guy who had an argument with his girlfriend, and also killed and severed her head. Apparently he also ran down the street holding her head or something.

The world is so scary.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:06 AM   #3
Loveless
Super Moderator

Don't worry there aren't any images. I'm sure they wouldn't show the actual images, that's just not right.

Well, he is supposed to be talking to a psychiatrist? I'm not sure if he did or haven't yet. The world really is a scary place now. I have a feeling that it's because a lot of us a becoming desensitized by movies like the Saw franchise. It's giving people not-so-good ideas in their heads.

He's on suicide watch currently cause when he was asked if he was suicidal he had nodded yes. According to some people he wasn't exactly angry while stabbing the victim. Almost looked as if what he was doing was no different than doing chores or something. You really wonder what goes on in the heads of these people but then again if you did understand you'd probably be sitting at a courthouse too.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
That's true, so I just read the article.

Gosh, he had a wife. I really want to know how his wife reacted and things. I can't imagine living with someone like that, and I'm also curious as to why he had these mental problems. So scary~ And in the photo, he looks normal too. Seems like you wouldn't know he would be mentally disturbed. Must've been quite a shock (<-- understatement) for the passengers.

Then again, body language tells a lot and I can't see any of that, so yeah. But still. ;____; I don't want to take a bus home anymore.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:36 AM   #5
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
"Dalmyn also said that Li's behaviour in the months leading up to last week's incident was "bizarre," noting that Li took bus trips to several Canadian cities, and that there didn't seem to be any reason for the trips."

As someone who rode a Greyhound for three days for a trip, I can sympathize with the guy. On a more serious note, the guy obviously has one or more serious mental conditions. I hope he gets help for his condition, but once he does get treatment he'll probably feel terrible about it for however long his life lasts. Terrible all the way around.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:42 AM   #6
Loveless
Super Moderator

Yes, I can hardly handle the 1 hour bus rides to Downtown... I can not imagine 3 days. But anyway...

Reading that bit it makes you wonder if he was going through those trips to find the "right" person to kill. As weird as this may sound it seems like it.

And I think that because this event happened, the people around him are all just going "Oh yeah, he was weird... blah blah blah". I bet you that if someone had asked these co-workers about him on a random day, they wouldn't have given him a second thought.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:52 PM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Wow o.o

I agree. If he wants to die, thats probably why he did it. I know thats what a lot of homeless people do. They will commit crimes so they can get in trouble and go to prison which is a lot better than being homeless. He was probably naturally sick in the head, and with his illness he couldn't think of a logical way to do it. So he probably thought of a nice public way to do it, and brutal. The more brutal, the worse your punishment can be, and the ultimate punishment is death.

But... he needs to suffer. Don't give him the satisfaction he wants.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #8
Belisama
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Belisama
Current Level: 3x
Belisama is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Belisama
Eesh. It's terrible to think what he would have done if he seemed truly angry. I shudder to think... but it's a truly tragic incident. I'm honestly curious to find out what mental illness he has and what caused it. I mean, would you think growing up that he had the illness and his parents didn't recognize it? And the wife, I have to wonder if it's as much as a tragedy for her, or a relief? If I was living with someone I knew was a madman and didn't know how to get away, I might just have to breathe a sigh of relief when they finally locked him away, or at least got him away from her. My heart goes out to any family of the victim.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a pool.

Thanks for the siggy, Loveless!
Closed Thread