Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 03:06 AM   #11
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock

Originally Posted by FabledWaltz View Post
The two builds you can go are pure INT or 25 SPR and then dump the rest of your points into INT. Which is what I do. You'll definitely want to buy gear with a LOT of INT and END. Other stats are pretty much useless except maybe DEX but you would need a LOT of that to make it worthwhile. So basically, just go for INT and END. Now, as for what spells to empower? Well, that's easy. Or maybe not... anyways, this is what I have done and it works out perfectly fine for me.

Magic Missile - Decrease the cool down by five points.

Fire Ball - Increase the damage by five points and decrease the cool down by five points.

Magic Blast - Increase the damage by five points and decrease the cool down by five points.

Frost Nova - Decrease the cool down by five points.

Inferno - Decrease the cool down by five points.

Most, if not everyone, will tell you to increase the duration on Mind Drain. While it may be useful in PvP situations, it's utterly useless in most PvE situations. Stifle? I have yet to receive that but I have had it cast on me and it is, by all means, a very potent spell. As soon as I reach a high enough level, I will fiddle around with it a bit and see what empowerment would benefit it the most.

As for your DPS rotation? Well, I've yet to figure out something that would completely maximize the amount of damage I do but I am working on that so I'll get back to you on that. The best advice I can give you though, is to not cast AoE spells on single targets. You're actually losing DPS that way.

Edit: As Edward mentioned, you're going to want to keep your Fire Bolt spell and your Magic Missile spell at level [01]. Anything higher than that and they become useless since you have no auto-attack and will need to spam them constantly.
*Update* If you don't PVP, don't empower Mind Drain OR Stifle. They are useless against the in game monsters, and if you have to use fear on a monster, the duration helps a bit but not much. Stifle (tested) doesn't do anything outside of PVP, like Mana Burn, so don't even touch the empowerments on it useless you PVP.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 04-01-2009, 03:13 AM   #12
FabledWaltz
Phinofly

In-Game Name: Dyaevim
Current Level: 72
FabledWaltz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to FabledWaltz
Yeah, sorry, I guess I wasn't specific enough about that. But yes, I meant for PvP only. When it comes to Stifle, anyways. The duration on Mind Drain should be the least of any Mage's worries. Unless, of course, you want to PvP a lot. Then you can pretty much forgo any empowerments on Frost Nova and Inferno and just focus on Stifle and Mind Drain. However, in my opinion, that is a huge waste since Fighters will just chop you to bits anyways. Unless you can afford to whore yourself out on cash shop items.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:29 AM   #13
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Yeah, sorry, I guess I wasn't specific enough about that. But yes, I meant for PvP only. When it comes to Stifle, anyways. The duration on Mind Drain should be the least of any Mage's worries. Unless, of course, you want to PvP a lot. Then you can pretty much forgo any empowerments on Frost Nova and Inferno and just focus on Stifle and Mind Drain. However, in my opinion, that is a huge waste since Fighters will just chop you to bits anyways. Unless you can afford to whore yourself out on cash shop items.
Yeah, I feel you, as of late, the weapons that fighters have nowadays are utterly ridiculous. You can't even stand against them unless you charmed or something. They can be killed, but only if you manage to get Inferno & Nova out at the same time, they still standing in that spot trying to kill you, and your cranking out you strongest spells. Oh yeah, make sure you close in level and have extenders, lmfao!

Old 04-01-2009, 03:41 AM   #14
FabledWaltz
Phinofly

In-Game Name: Dyaevim
Current Level: 72
FabledWaltz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to FabledWaltz
Yep. That is all the chance we Mages have is if the Fighter is so unbearably stupid that he/she just practically lets us win. And that is ONLY if we're charmed, extended, etc. Which bugs me because this problem doesn't just affect PvP. It affects PvE as well. I see Fighters kill mobs in like two or three hits while I'm sitting there popping out like eight spells and I've only gotten the monster down to half of his original health.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:52 AM   #15
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Yep. That is all the chance we Mages have is if the Fighter is so unbearably stupid that he/she just practically lets us win. And that is ONLY if we're charmed, extended, etc. Which bugs me because this problem doesn't just affect PvP. It affects PvE as well. I see Fighters kill mobs in like two or three hits while I'm sitting there popping out like eight spells and I've only gotten the monster down to half of his original health.
I made a gripe about this on another site, but I'm going to post topic here. I think you could add something to it.

Last edited by EdwardWarlock; 04-01-2009 at 03:58 AM..
Closed Thread