Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
kik
Slime

kik is on a distinguished road
How i can make my Mage better?

I have no idea how to build my mage..if u can help me by telling what i really need and what i really dont need.and if this helps: i really wanna make mutch damage and i wanna really good defence
Old 03-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #2
HealFire
King Crab

In-Game Name: TevaDragon, BabyDragon, DragonNinja, BlackDragonz, Healfire
Current Level: 6x, 4x, 4x, 6x, 5x
Server: Teva
HealFire is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to HealFire
I donno lol =3 (i don't have mage) but maybe intelligence and end equips ^^ donno
Old 03-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #3
FighterStar
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: _HeavenSnow_ l FighterStar l xX_DarkStar_Xx l _WindHunter_ l
Current Level: 60 l 60 l 21 l 27 l
Server: Teva
FighterStar is on a distinguished road
Nuuu.. it's high end equips.. make's you less squishy =3 Dunno any other advice though.. better ask the high leveled mages in the forums XP
Old 03-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Builds for Mages are INT/SPR or full INT. You really can't get high damage & defense without Cash Shop. END for Mages and DEX for everyone is pretty lacklustre.

Get END based equips if you want to survive a bit more or buy enhanced equips in-game or enhance your own.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
CrazyVietFs
Sharp Boar

In-Game Name: CrazyVietFs, CrazyAboutU, FadingSensation, SmexyCrazy
Current Level: Fighter 79, Cleric 6x, Archer 89, Mage, 6x
Server: Teva, Bijou
CrazyVietFs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CrazyVietFs Send a message via MSN to CrazyVietFs Send a message via Yahoo to CrazyVietFs
what lvramire had said... the best built for a high damage mage is full int, if you are a PVP person then add 25 spr... Other than that, you need to find End equipment, or better End enhanced equipment... Get cleric buff, and put on Scrolls... not just def, but eva, vit, def etc... ^^ tier 3 if you can afford it
Old 03-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #6
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
What high-powered Enchanter (I left mage-hood at 60) did you ask? No one asked me anything....

Anyway, they listed the the major stuff already. I also think you should have scroll production as one of your skills, because they will benefit you at all the stages of being a spellcaster, either that or potions. You will take lots of damage, so you need to be prepared. Don't free stat END or DEX as they are CRAP on a mage. Full INT for questing/partying, INT/SPR if you want to PVP, but both are good either way if you have skills. Don't upgrade the starter spells either, as most of them are garbage and a waste of silver/copper. Here's why:

-Magic Missle stays at level one for spamming purposes. You can empower the damage and cool down if you want, but it loses its effectiveness at higher levels. I removed all the points I placed on it at 60 with a reset scroll. Personally the cool down on level one is fast enough to spam it, or you can dump 1 or 2 points into the cool down, but the rest is a waste.

-Fire Bolt should stay at level one for spamming as well, and you can play with the cooldown on it if you want, but at level 48 you can max its damage (Level 8). I empowered the damage on it to the max, as it is the 2nd most powerful single-damage spell behind Fireball (and there's no casting time). You can do cool down if you want, but after you get Fireball you'll want to cool down that spell versus this one, because it does more damage.

-Lightning Bolt has the same cool down no matter what the level is, and the damage is crap (LVL 1 and LVL 8 doesn't boost the power much)

-Ice Bolt Always cast this first, as it may slow down the enemy. (See above spell)

-Magic Burst Is good as it is. Some players max the damage, but you'll get other AOEs later on that outdamage it, and it creates crazy aggro. I tried it once, and the extra damage wasn't all that great (check the wiki for more empowerment damage).

-Magic Blast Empower the damage, or you will die. I reset the cool down on this spell twice, and personally I don't think it's worth putting any points into, since the spell has the same cool down no matter what level. In your attack list, try to throw this spell right after Ice Bolt/Blast, First, or Last. The casting time on it wastes precious seconds that you could be using a instant cast spell when an enemy is charging you.

The next tier of spells (Ice Blast, Lightning Blast) are the only spells you need to upgrade. Don't empower them, as they are junk, but they do get significantly stronger with the level increase. Save those points for Frost Nova's cool down at 60, Drain Mind's duration and cool down (optional), and Stifle's duration (optional). These are must have spells if you PvP.

Save money for the good gears and wands/staff enhancement. If you want to be well protected, be prepared to shell out some loot. If you make scrolls or pots, you can vend them to offset your budget, and you won't have to vend for very long as these items are often sought after the majority of players (T3's/T4's). Either way you will save a lot of money on spells and equipment by not buying certain spells when they become available.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Last edited by EdwardWarlock; 03-23-2009 at 03:02 AM.. Reason: Misprints and fixed errors. Added junk.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #7
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
A roundabout way of making your Mage better...find some good people to party with, and stick with them. Having a good Cleric and Fighter will ensure that you never eat dirt so long as you play with them.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #8
cillia
O(≧∇≦)O ~♪

In-Game Name: yufu,Vangel
Current Level: 61, 26
Server: West
cillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cillia Send a message via MSN to cillia Send a message via Yahoo to cillia
if you have a good cleric and good end equips that helps XD

but yeah end equips are musts for mages who have lots of int/ spr.. x3

Quote:
96:What's 『マジか』?
97: >>96 are you serious?
98:Yes, I am.
99:that was an answer, not a question

Dragon Nest
IGN: leafie, Xiol
Class: Acrobat, Mystic
Guild: Duality
Server: Velskud (West)
Old 03-23-2009, 03:17 AM   #9
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Added a lot of info (L@@k UP)

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 03-28-2009, 02:49 AM   #10
FabledWaltz
Phinofly

In-Game Name: Dyaevim
Current Level: 72
FabledWaltz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to FabledWaltz
The two builds you can go are pure INT or 25 SPR and then dump the rest of your points into INT. Which is what I do. You'll definitely want to buy gear with a LOT of INT and END. Other stats are pretty much useless except maybe DEX but you would need a LOT of that to make it worthwhile. So basically, just go for INT and END. Now, as for what spells to empower? Well, that's easy. Or maybe not... anyways, this is what I have done and it works out perfectly fine for me.

Magic Missile - Decrease the cool down by five points.

Fire Ball - Increase the damage by five points and decrease the cool down by five points.

Magic Blast - Increase the damage by five points and decrease the cool down by five points.

Frost Nova - Decrease the cool down by five points.

Inferno - Decrease the cool down by five points.

Most, if not everyone, will tell you to increase the duration on Mind Drain. While it may be useful in PvP situations, it's utterly useless in most PvE situations. Stifle? I have yet to receive that but I have had it cast on me and it is, by all means, a very potent spell. As soon as I reach a high enough level, I will fiddle around with it a bit and see what empowerment would benefit it the most.

As for your DPS rotation? Well, I've yet to figure out something that would completely maximize the amount of damage I do but I am working on that so I'll get back to you on that. The best advice I can give you though, is to not cast AoE spells on single targets. You're actually losing DPS that way.

Edit: As Edward mentioned, you're going to want to keep your Fire Bolt spell and your Magic Missile spell at level [01]. Anything higher than that and they become useless since you have no auto-attack and will need to spam them constantly.

Last edited by FabledWaltz; 03-28-2009 at 02:52 AM..
Closed Thread