Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
Silent Wizard
Sand Mushroom

In-Game Name: Doylen, Slient_Wizard, Blue_Violet
Current Level: 110/110/110
Server: TEVA
Silent Wizard will become famous soon enough
Using Life Tap

As a cleric, I really don't mind healing a mage that has used life tap. But, use it don't abuse it.

I often use restore to top off party members (periodic hp recovery). A good time to use life tap is when you have a restore buff on (15 seconds) and your health is near full. When the restore buff is still on and your health is full my sp is already gone, so using life tap will boost your sp and drop your hp so that restore will continue.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Good point...

but at the same time i dont cast restore on people that's got nearly full health... LOL

but yeah </3 mage that abuse lifetap too...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-19-2009, 11:30 PM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I dislike mages who use life tap. Srsly, I can go on and on about it. I used to cast restore on them to hint that I don't WANT to heal them when they're not getting hit, but I realise restore takes up more SP than my heal now, so... =.=.

Some mages cast life tap when it's not busy, then rest, which is ok I guess. I've met one mage that constantly used life tap and NOT resting, even though there were no mobs around in the KQ. At first I didn't notice because things were busy, I thought she was getting hit alot, then I later I noticed she was just life tapping like there's no tomorrow. I got sick of healing her. She even life tapped until she was down to little health when everyone was resting. AND SHE DIDN'T SHROOM STILL.

Well I was gonna leave her. She had the choice to shroom since everyone else was doing so (I EVEN TOLD HER TO) but she didn't. I sat in my shroom, excited for mobs to spawn and see her die... but her guildie healed her. -sigh-

There was another time where I partied 4 other mages in the KQ, in which THREE used life tap. It got me so cranky!

I hate life tap abusers. End.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #4
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
For those mage who use lifetap... just don't expect us clerics to heal you...

whether it's our job or not, I don't care.. you use lifetap? I don't heal you.

Yeah I'll just watch you die.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-21-2009, 02:49 AM   #5
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Originally Posted by Silent Wizard View Post
As a cleric, I really don't mind healing a mage that has used life tap. But, use it don't abuse it.

I often use restore to top off party members (periodic hp recovery). A good time to use life tap is when you have a restore buff on (15 seconds) and your health is near full. When the restore buff is still on and your health is full my sp is already gone, so using life tap will boost your sp and drop your hp so that restore will continue.
You should check the last thread I made about this:

Life Tap Should Be Reversed

I hate it and I never use it. The magic boost is better with stones/pots. Beside, you'll just piss off the cleric(s) in your party who are already trying to keep our fragile mage asses alive.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 01-21-2009, 03:12 AM   #6
Hazu
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Lets run away
Current Level: together
Server: from this place
Hazu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Hazu
I dont mind mages using life tap if they dont abuse is. I love healing on my cleric because it's my job. But if the mage has aggro or is tanking they do NOT need to use life tap, it just gets them killed or makes it harder for the cleric.

When my archer was in the 5x's and I was in a party some of hte mages would get aggro, do life tap, die, scream at the cleric. Luckily I havent had this situation on my cleric but it's not the clerics fault that the mage used life tap when it didnt have enough life to .. tap while taking hits.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:57 AM   #7
xDario
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Shade
Current Level: 87 (10% tnl, retierd)
Server: Bijou EU.
xDario is on a distinguished road
Yup, its annoying for cleric.
Being a mage let me express my side.
One sp stone heaals about 1/3-2/5ths of my SP. IF im mobless, even without a cleric, and need lots of sp, usually i :
Chaincast (Dont tell me it has better uses. My chaincast, my abuse), lifetap, sp stone, lifetap, HP stone, rest.
And that way, i get full sp, and from full hp i go to about 200-300 less, which then i shroom. End rusult, seems like im using 2 and a bit SP stones in the time that one turn is over.

So yes, if i were to do that everytime i get chaincast cooldowned, and wouldnt heal myself, i can understand your frustration. Clerics can heal me, but like i sayed i can manage shrooming and/or HP stoning.

x
Old 03-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #8
painleica
Slime

In-Game Name: pain12 ^-^
Current Level: lvl 60 mage
Server: ^_^ teva
painleica is on a distinguished road
good point :/
Old 03-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #9
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Please don't necropost unless carrying on the discussion >_<
Closed Thread