Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 04:32 AM   #11
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei

I recommend 25 spr, rest into int. You get 125 more into sp, and the damage isn't much of a difference in the long run. And the crits a plus.

You really can't go wrong with this class unless you incorporate STR or forget INT. You will definitely need END in your gear the further away from the level of mock your tank has(aggroing more). As long as you have a cleric... you're unstoppable.

Don't life tap during a fight. I personally don't use life tap at all.

BoT is your friend.

If you die a lot with a party, obviously, don't bother scrolling.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:09 PM   #12
FabledWaltz
Phinofly

In-Game Name: Dyaevim
Current Level: 72
Server: Apoline
FabledWaltz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to FabledWaltz
A build I'd recommend is the 25 SPR, rest into INT. Despite what others say, getting those criticals at any time are a HUGE help. I managed to purchase the black swimsuit set with some spare spark cash I had and each piece gives a 4% bonus to critical. Now I get one or two criticals per monster with that build. Heck, sometimes I can two/three hit a Giant Pixy, which, when leveling a license, is incredibly helpful.

As for what to empower, this is what I'm doing/have done:

5 points into cool down on Magic Missile.
5 points into cool down on Frost Nova.
5 points into cool down on Inferno.
10 points into cool down/damage on Fire Ball.
10 points into cool down/damage on Magic Blast.
5 points into duration on Mind Drain (aka Fear).
5 points into duration on Stifle.

You won't be able to empower all those until roughly level 91 but they'll help you in both PvE and PvP situations. Word of advice, make sure your mage has Potion/Scroll production or at least one character that can make them. You'll be downing potions and using scrolls quite often even with END/DEX gear. Of course, that's only if you're trying to go as fast as possible and would much rather not shroom up after every other monster.

Also, never use Magic Missile above [01] or Fire Bolt above [01]. The cool down makes them ineffective and the damage they deal at the higher levels is so minuscule that it's pointless. Other than that, feel free to use the highest level possible of all the other spells. Oh and avoid using Life Tap as the HP to SP ratio is too high/low to make a difference.

And Lightning Blast is a spell you should avoid unless you actually enjoy wasting valuable time whilst killing a monster. It's only useful if you plan on kiting every monster you fight but that's far more dangerous than just standing there and taking a few hits. Good luck with your mage.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:56 PM   #13
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Server: Teva
Yami will become famous soon enough
On the contrary to most people I do use my max Fire Bolt (so not lvl 1). The cd is still considerably lower than Ice Bolt/Lightning Bolt and I found a way to blend it in my attacking pattern nicely. In fact there are times I just used Magic Missile, Fire Bolt, Fire Blast and Magic Blast. I still have the same pattern when I'm just killing 1 mob (or inbetween Nova/Inferno cooldowns).

I did make the mistake to max sp on Fire Blast, thus kinda wasting those 5 points lol
Old 09-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #14
Leesa
lk;sfdb

In-Game Name: Quit
Current Level: Quit
Server: Quit
Leesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Leesa
I personally think that you shouldn't use MM1 and FB1 because even though they have a much lower cooldown, it would fit perfectly at lvl 57 You can use all the skills and by the time you finish all the skills you need to kill the monster are finished cool ^_^ In my opinion I think the dmg between MM1 and my current MM is a huge difference -.~ If you don't wanna waste sp then get sp stones >.> If you are too cheap to buy stones or broke... stop being the fat guy still living in your moms house and start opening up vendor :P
Old 01-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #15
Melissa27
Ratman

In-Game Name: Melissa27
Current Level: 88
Melissa27 will become famous soon enough
wow, thanks. that's a lot to take in.
Level 90
Templar_Knights Guild
Married Ra77modeus on 10/15/08

Mellers27
WizMage
Level 71
Templar_Knights Guild

Old 01-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #16
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
I highly reccomend not empowering magic blast.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #17
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Remember at lvl 47 Firebolt will out damage Magic Blast (815-941 FB8, 427-533 MB1), so that's when most players crank up the damage output at lvl 8. You a long ways off, but keep that in mind.

Only increase Mind Drain's duration if you PvP. Other than that, leave it as it is.

Frost Nova
is great on max cooldown. It charges a lot faster than I thought, and usually it's ready again after I run through all my spells in an attack. Monsters will love you.

Ice Bolt and Lightning Bolt can stay at level 1. They are garbage at most, but good to flick at enemies when your good spells are in cooldown. By the time you get Ice Blast and Lightning Blast (in the 50's), you'll forget about these spells almost completely.

Do not empower damage on Magic Burst (gained at 20), unless you have money to reset the points after 60 (when you get Frost Nova). I had damage and cooldown empowered on it for AOE purposes before 60, but that was my preference. If you don't have the money (SparkCash) then I don't recommend it.

Learn to cast Ice Bolt or Ice Blast first for their slow down effects. It can buy you some time while you spit spells at enemies.

And learn to cast Lightning Bolt or Lightning Blast while running. It creates a bit of a gap between you and your enemies, and it keeps you out of harm's way. Combined with Ice Bolt/Ice Blast, it can save you some stones and a fair amount of damage when monsters/players try to rush you.

Personally I think the max cooldown on Magic Missile is only good until you get Magic Blast at lvl 49. Magic Missile lvl 1 and Magic Blast have excellent cooldowns already, and after you obtain both, you can alternate between the two and Magic Burst as well, and throw in Fire Bolt lvl 8 and Fire Ball (gained at lvl 53) for kicks, plus Ice Bolt/Blast, Lightning Bolt/Blast, and Nova and Inferno. That way you'll always have a spell to use when something else is in cooldown. That's just how I play, and I haven't died....much.

I also think that enhancing staves/wands doesn't really become a huge factor until 50+, and personally I'm not enhancing armor until 70+, because the leveling is fairly quick up to that point if you are a dedicated player. Save your loot for those T3/T4 stones!

As far as empowerments, I currently have max damage on Fire Bolt, Fire Ball, and Magic Blast. Frost Nova is the only spell with max cooldown on it. Magic Missile is still lvl 1 (buying higher spells is a waste), And Lightning Bolt is at lvl 1 too (higher damage is not really significant for this spell, and it saves SP). Ice Blast and Lightning Blast are not empowered, but I buy the next level of the spells when they become available. Magic Burst has been reset, so no empowerments.

Chain Casting takes forever regardless, so I didn't dump points into the cooldown. Drain Mind I increased the duration for PvP.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Last edited by EdwardWarlock; 01-17-2009 at 09:02 PM..
Old 01-18-2009, 12:10 AM   #18
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Just a small note... usually we close threads that's been necro'd, but since there's some more useful new posts posted, I'll leave it open.

Continue

---

Well darn I empowered the power of magic burst... not gonna get a skill reset either. oh well >:
Old 01-19-2009, 02:15 AM   #19
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Quote:
Ice Bolt and Lightning Bolt can stay at level 1. They are garbage at most, but good to flick at enemies when your good spells are in cooldown. By the time you get Ice Blast and Lightning Blast (in the 50's), you'll forget about these spells almost completely.
Lightening bolt is ALOT more useful when skill spamming then lightening blast.
Lightening blast is the most worthless combat skill there is. Long cast time + high sp use + low dmg? .. fail..

And lightening bolts damage matched my firebolts, and is also useful when kiting ( if you kite )

Quote:
Learn to cast Ice Bolt or Ice Blast first for their slow down effects. It can buy you some time while you spit spells at enemies.
Cant even remember the last time I used those.. imo ice blast isnt
worth getting either if you do not have the money. And the skill
itself is only good in your low lvls or if your a shitty mage in your high
lvls and only solo one mob at a time.

I realise these are your ideas/opinions, but I suggest not reccomending the wrong thing to people.

Gunna suggest using these skill empowers,
If you dont pvp substitute the points on fear
and put them on magic burst.

Last edited by MikeyG; 01-19-2009 at 02:24 AM..
Old 01-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #20
GearsOfWar
Slow Slime

Tournaments Won: 1

GearsOfWar is on a distinguished road
unno wat to say

d|^_^|b==========Teva=============d|^_^|b
IGN:gearsofwarI
IGN:HitsFromaBong
IGN:Afrosmuri
IGN:swishmoreshin
IGN:vSBv_Warlord