Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 10-13-2008, 12:19 AM   #1
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Just something I wanna ask...

Some of you may know that on YouTube, you can find a video of autopsy performed on a woman... I didn't know that until a friend just told me recently. I have just finished watching it to the end and I didn't feel even slightly nauseous or disgusted. For me it was like watching another episode of House.

My question to you is... Is that wrong? I'm 17 years old and I'm able to watch stuff like that and eat meat and mashed potatoes (yeah, I ate when I watched the vid) and not throw up?

... Maybe I HAVE been playing too much Crysis and other M rated games...

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:23 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Wrong that you feel fine watching something that some other people usually find disgusting?!

Or wrong that they have those videos on youtube, easily accessed by minors?

I haven't actually seen or heard about it, but I don't think just because someone else find something sick / disgusting, it should be taken down, especially if it has educational value.

(If it was like torturing a kitten and stuff, then that's a different story, though that's illegal to begin with)

Nothing wrong with not being disgusted I guess, not everyone has to be, maybe you're a potential doctor XD

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:26 AM   #3
Belaslav
Yank me.

Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Actually that video was blocked from minors, I just used a different YouTube account.

And thanks... I feel a little better now.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:30 AM   #4
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Bela - is it wrong for the people that perform the autopsies to be able to do them? Some people have stronger stomachs than others. some are fascinated by it. I can watch it, as long as I do not have to smell it.

Everyone is built differently. some people handle things better than others. It is kind of like a chaotic situation. some people can step up and start telling others what they need to do, while others run around screaming or crying. It is how we are built.

No you are not wierd.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:39 AM   #5
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Nah, there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone takes things differently. I used to grab lunch with a friend of mine that worked as a mortician. We'd eat while he embalmed people. ::shrug:: Not a big deal. Also, he had an apartment at the funeral home, just down the door from the embalming room. You could not IMAGINE how that attracted the goth girls.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:11 AM   #6
Belaslav
Yank me.

Okay, thanks guys (and girls), happy to know that I may have my differences, but I'm no weird. Yay.

And Hra... Theres no amount of money in the world that will force to sleep next to dead people. Your friend is very brave lol.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:24 AM   #7
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I can do that too. Just watching videos will be fine. If I was sitting near where I can perhaps smell/hear then that'd be a different story. Don't think my stomach is that strong. .__.
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:28 AM   #8
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
You do realize they're already dead, right? What does bravery have to do with it? LOL
Old 10-13-2008, 02:12 AM   #9
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Yeah, there isn't like, anything to hear. Smell? I think you'll just smell disinfectants.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Vasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:13 AM   #10
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Iuno. It's not like they'll come alive and bite you like those cliche zombie movies but unless you're a mortian or surgeon it's not everyday you see someone dead or alive being cut open.

I also blame TV. Namely shows like CSI and Bones, etc... desensitized much? ^^;

@Vasu: It depends on how the person died. Natural causes/illness might be no different than someone going through surgery. But if it was like rotting flesh, burnt, etc it'll probably be a whole different story.
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote