Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:11 PM   #71
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice

Oh. Anyways those polls don't affect what I said.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 10-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #72
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
I know, but they address Tequila's issue.

Like I said in a prior post: I do understand vasu questioning, since he may not have been here for the first 2 or 3 round.

However, Tequila was a member here during all three of those I linked.

EDIT: Actually, they don't address tequila's issue, they just show that the subject has been voted on 2 or 3 times and the vote apparently did not go the way Tequila wanted (and I assume the way he voted). I fear the only thing that will address his issue is if it is agreed to delete the rep system. And IMO, that is unfair to the people who already voted in prior polls to leave it. It would basically say his complaints carry more weight than the poll results.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere

Last edited by Lady-Loki; 10-07-2008 at 12:26 PM..
Old 10-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #73
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
Originally Posted by Lady-Loki View Post
I know, but they address Tequila's issue.

Like I said in a prior post: I do understand vasu questioning, since he may not have been here for the first 2 or 3 round.

However, Tequila was a member here during all three of those I linked.

EDIT: Actually, they don't address tequila's issue, they just show that the subject has been voted on 2 or 3 times and the vote apparently did not go the way Tequila wanted (and I assume the way he voted). I fear the only thing that will address his issue is if it is agreed to delete the rep system. And IMO, that is unfair to the people who already voted in prior polls to leave it. It would basically say his complaints carry more weight than the poll results.

Actually lol....I didnt vote at all.I read the poll options and then read the comments.The poll options didn't even address or fix the issue. The general community*I won't bother to name the group was banded together on the issue so there was no point of anyone outside that group making a statement. I never said the rep system needed to be deleted and never had the thought cross my mind. It needed to be fixed and had the exploited rep corrected. BUT that didn't happen because people *did it for fun*. LOL thats a really bogus excuse for not fixing something. If thats the case then if I were to exploit the arcade or another part of these forums for fun then I should not be punished and what I did should not be corrected.

If then Admins/Mods cannot see that issue then like I said before they are good for nothing other then locking threads and should not have accepted Entropy's request. Yes there was a vote. Yes it said there should be no wipe. BUT there should have been NO vote. Its a issue of right and wrong. The Moderators should have wiped the Rep system and made everyone start from square one.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 10-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #74
wompastompa
Kebing

Advanced Curveball Champion!Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: CHRONO_MAGE, Serenytty, InfernalDee
Current Level: 41/30/28
Server: TEVA,APOLINE,TEVA
wompastompa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to wompastompa
Wats rep power and what does it pertain to????????????????????
????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????
Old 10-07-2008, 10:10 PM   #75
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wompastompa View Post
Wats rep power and what does it pertain to????????????????????
Rep power is the number of rep points you can give to someone each time you rep...

E.g. someone with 750 post, will have 1 rep power. So when they rep someone, it adds 1 to their rep points.

Someone with 1500 post, will have 2 rep power. So the person receiving reps will have 2 points.

These points determine how many green dot you get under your name.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-07-2008, 10:38 PM   #76
kirbysprite
Would you like a fork?

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: kirbysprite | kirbycoke | kirbyade | kirbypunch
Current Level: 37|21|12|3
Server: Teva
kirbysprite has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Belaslav View Post
I've skimmed through the manual, and I think it's because kirby doesn't have a group, he doesn't have that feature...

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/
Originally Posted by Belaslav View Post
Hmm...

Try going into the Users panel and experiment with kirby's different primary and additional groups, I think the problem lies there.
*makes puppy dog face*

/feels left out.

I feel the "Don't care" option doesn't really help the poll. It doesn't really tell you if we should have it or not, it just says that, well, you don't care. If you don't care, then why even vote?

Thanks cillia!

ks = kirbysprite
ks =\= kill steal
STOP THE CONFUSION!
Old 10-07-2008, 10:44 PM   #77
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I would think the Dont Care vote is to see.. how many people actually read the thread... but doesn't feel anything for it...

just to distinguish the "didnt see the thread" and "didnt care" people...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-08-2008, 12:01 AM   #78
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
I don't remember which poll had the Don't Care but I remember one of the polls had this option because there were a whole bunch of questions and they made you answer every one of them.

Some people didn't care about the rep issue but they did care about the other questions that were on the poll.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:15 AM   #79
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by kirbysprite View Post
*makes puppy dog face*

/feels left out.

I feel the "Don't care" option doesn't really help the poll. It doesn't really tell you if we should have it or not, it just says that, well, you don't care. If you don't care, then why even vote?
I have seen polls that were only yes/no polls and people would post "Well, I would vote don't care, but it wasn't an option."

And then there are those who would say "Well, I would vote don't care, but it wasn't an option so I voted yes/no." To which someone else would scream "Why vote at all then? You just skewed the results! The poll needs to be thrown out."

The don't care votes don't get added to the yes or no column so they are basically discards. But, that option provides those people who absolutely want to be a part of the polling process an option other than skewing the results.

And, IMO, a Don't Care can be voiced as a vote or by silence. So anyone who was on these forums when the polls were posted who opted not to vote at all are basically the same as Don't Care votes - if they did care they would vote how they feel. And if enough of those who cared but opted to not vote had all voted then the results quite possibly could have been different because the differences between the votes were not landslide victories.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 10-08-2008, 01:28 AM   #80
UserName
Jewel Grave Robber

In-Game Name: Disappear
Current Level: 2x
Server: Epith
UserName is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure if the issue is still going on as i dont want to read 8pages of long text, but who really cares if you have green bars under your name? A lot of people are probably going to leave ff unless your like a prem user and cant stop posting. You shouldn't really care how many green bars you have. If you want some green bars put this image in ur siggy