Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
Skwerl
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Carnagician
Current Level: 1x
Server: Bijou
Skwerl is on a distinguished road
license are barely worth it...

tell me your experience with using weapon licenses...

i am a mage, and i have noticed license help. but barely.. depending on the enemy it might allow for one less cast. maybe...

i was hitting mara pirates for roughly 98-111 with magic missle 1. and some died in 4 hits, and some needed 5.

so then i got a license, and it says 15% increase. well i went to around 102-117 dmg, now if you ask me thats not a 15% increase. so even then one in like 20 required 5 hits, atleast till i got the 20% boost or 25% boost, then it was 4 hits every time. but i was still getting no where near a 25% boost. shouldnt 98+25% make a minimum hit of 122-123 ish.. i mean come on....

with this said licenses give you a boost. but its factored in before armor or something. which makes no sense. because i was seeing maybe a 4% boost at the 15% boost.

and that means they give you 15% boost to what you physically do in damag e(98) AND THEN take their armor into account on that.... am i wrong? can i get a license for slimes? that would really test it lol....

sorry but 35% inrease is not acting like it... 111 max to 122max or so is not 35%

sorry for the rant, does melee seem to see more dmg?

and in other games, magic dmg ignored armor. so the warriors should not have much magic defense, and the things like pinky's and greenky's should have no regular armor. but htey both have both... mage should slaughter mara pirates, and archer's should slaughter pinky's etc...

ok done.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #2
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Server: Teva
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
well, I'm not going to get very in-depth with this, as I haven't really researched it enough, but in my opinion you're right. The change in damage with license is noticeable for sure, BUT in the end it doesnt do much - at most you will kill the enemy in 1 hit less, or so.

an example of this would be a friend of mine who has a lv40 weapon with a fully completed orc license on it. That means 80% extra damage as said by the license on the weapon. Well, when we were hunting orcs the other day, we got into comparing our damage. We are both fighters. My weapon does NOT have orc license. When fatal slash hits (defense decrease on mob) and he crits with power hit, it will do around 1600+ dmg. My damage with the same scenario would be around 1100-1200. Now, factor in also that his build has more strength than mine, and that his level was 58, and mine 47. That's not a BIG huge difference in damage considering the facts there.

on the other hand, as a crit-enthusiast, I find licenses fully worth it because of the critical bonus you get in the later levels. it is tasty. This is the reason I use licenses, not the extra dmg versus one mob.

Last edited by Lilian; 12-02-2007 at 10:21 PM..
Old 12-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Lilian View Post
on the other hand, as a crit-enthusiast, I find licenses fully worth it because of the critical bonus you get in the later levels. it is tasty. This is the reason I use licenses, not the extra dmg versus one mob.
Agreed.

Only the crit makes a license worth it.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
Skwerl
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Carnagician
Current Level: 1x
Skwerl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lilian View Post
Server: Teva || Lilian, lv52 Mage ~ Fuujinn, lv48 Fighter.
well with your lvl characters, what is more worth it. i am currently a 18 mage. but what do you like more fighter or mage.

i mean i seem to kill faster than anyone i meet. and im not rocking any special stuff. +3 staff, +1 rings....

but i die really really fast. an elite hits me and crits, im dead....

sorry for the subject change and thank you for the response...
Old 12-02-2007, 05:59 PM   #5
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
Basically a fighter is the exact opposite of what you just said.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #6
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
yep, what Valentines said.

also, well, if you're asking my personal opinion, which I think you are, then I say I prefer being fighter. playing a fighter is a lot more "involving" as you're doing alot of stuff at once, paying attention to hp, sp, (not just your own but your party) trying to keep aggro on you so your friends dont die, etc... Also a fighter has way more uses. They can dish out damage like mages, but besides that they have debuffs, stun and taunt. Being a mage is simply spamming magic missile and your other skills when theyre not on cooldown. not very rewarding.

Keep in mind this is only my own opinion, and not the absolute truth. After all, I did play a mage all the way up till 52 before I got bored, so it can't be TOTALLY hopeless. xD
Old 12-03-2007, 09:31 AM   #7
Xylem
Joker Kebing

In-Game Name: Phloem
Current Level: Shree Ex
Xylem is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Valentines View Post
Agreed.

Only the crit makes a license worth it.
yea i do it for the crits. And hey, any damage is good damage right? And since you're grinding on the monsters anyways, it's just a small bonus for it.
Closed Thread