Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
Muon
Mushroom

Muon is on a distinguished road
4 KQ ... but they were all slimy

Being somewhat new, I was surprised when ALL FOUR TIMES I went into kingdom quest I became the MT.... Apparently very few people understand scrolls at this point in the game (at least I hope its not that bad at the later levels) so when everyone said their defense/hp I was way on top.../sigh. I don't mind tanking the big guy but he hits hard and the clerics.... well sometimes they're not on top of their game. I still think I came out pretty golden. Overall I think I pullled a +2 broadsword, a +3 broadsword, 1 blessed elrue and two pairs of earrings +25 hp. Its also pretty much how I went up to level 17. Surprisingly I managed to get all 3 quests done, but the 'quest rewards' .... well they stink. Also, one of my chests had ... 3hp pots. That has to be disappointing for someone if that was the only KQ i'd done I probably would have been angry. I don't know if the rewards are based on time completed, amount of participation , or what but I think I came away pretty well off considering.

On a side note, I read in someone else's post about the Warriors being... female due to the skirts. To make this worse, I have a pink shield! Its just a buckler that I managed to get to +4 , which for some reason is a glowy pink. Its good def, but really I was kind of embarrassed by its girlyness. To make matters worse, nearly EVERY fighter in the KQs were like WOW THAT'S A GREAT SHIELD, WHAT IS IT!?! So yeah, I think most of the male warriors might be girls after all.../sigh.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:59 PM   #2
Saeles
Blue Crab

In-Game Name: Saeles
Current Level: 4x
Server: Apoline
Saeles will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Saeles
I have to say, the last part made me and my roomie (Aisley, in game) giggle. We agree with you though, they kind of did make some of the warrior stuff girly-ish. But there are some manly men stuff in there as well! Just stick through with it.

The KQ - I know how you feel. I've gotten hp pots for the last 5 KQ's I've done (Mara, ewwww). If I didn't know that there is some awesome stuff you could get from them, I wouldn't do them at all. It sounds like your KQ's were harsh though!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:09 PM   #3
Spells
Slanderer Phinoflie

In-Game Name: Cleric007
Current Level: 3x
Server: Apoline
Spells is on a distinguished road
Being the main healer in my past 5 Golden Hill KQ's, I have recieved a huge nothing! >.< No xp, fame, copper or items. /sigh

Spells - WizMage LvL 29 Inactive
Sharp_Arrows - Archer LvL 25 Inactive
Old 12-01-2007, 05:09 AM   #4
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Wow, we all have bad luck.
For my past four mara KQs I got nothing.
Then I waited for around 2 minutes to open, and I got Sign of Mara (+40 HP), lucky elrue, and some green lvl 14 archer boots. >.>
I was so happy!
Maybe I should wait before opening the chest every time ... xD
Btw, you can get extra xp from chests? I never knew O_o
Old 12-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #5
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Muon View Post
Being somewhat new, I was surprised when ALL FOUR TIMES I went into kingdom quest I became the MT.... Apparently very few people understand scrolls at this point in the game (at least I hope its not that bad at the later levels) so when everyone said their defense/hp I was way on top.../sigh. I don't mind tanking the big guy but he hits hard and the clerics.... well sometimes they're not on top of their game. I still think I came out pretty golden. Overall I think I pullled a +2 broadsword, a +3 broadsword, 1 blessed elrue and two pairs of earrings +25 hp. Its also pretty much how I went up to level 17. Surprisingly I managed to get all 3 quests done, but the 'quest rewards' .... well they stink. Also, one of my chests had ... 3hp pots. That has to be disappointing for someone if that was the only KQ i'd done I probably would have been angry. I don't know if the rewards are based on time completed, amount of participation , or what but I think I came away pretty well off considering.

On a side note, I read in someone else's post about the Warriors being... female due to the skirts. To make this worse, I have a pink shield! Its just a buckler that I managed to get to +4 , which for some reason is a glowy pink. Its good def, but really I was kind of embarrassed by its girlyness. To make matters worse, nearly EVERY fighter in the KQs were like WOW THAT'S A GREAT SHIELD, WHAT IS IT!?! So yeah, I think most of the male warriors might be girls after all.../sigh.
Unfortunately for you, you seem to be in the "grey" generation.

What do I mean?

Well in Fiesta, using the Teva server for example, there are several generations of players.

How does Tevians define generations?

We define it based on the King Quest your level currently resides within.

Each generation more or less has to pass on the tricks and tips to succeeding in the King Quest. The First Generation - those who began playing right when the Open Beta began, are more or less in their 50's in the Minidragon. The second generation began a little later but due to the cap conditions are also in the Minidragon making them First Generation players.

The Third generation is catching up, and many are in the minidragon now as well. With that said the third generation, second, and first are more or less the game generation now. They share tips, tricks, and work well as a team overall.

Each consecutive Generation in my opinion is degrading in quality. What do I mean by this? Well they dont demonstrate the same teamwork. They are selfish, and dont listen to people who know a little more about how to make a King Quest a success.

The Robo Millenium Plot for example, is facing problems. The second room - B - which used to have a near-perfect win ratio when the first and second generations were in its level range, is now a little iffy with the fourth generation...

Playing the Mara and Gold Hill King quests with my archer (fifth or six generation character), the team quality has seriously degraded... I came across in a recent Mara King Quest a cleric who refused to heal but would revive. Then comes another instance where there wasn't even a level 20 cleric in the king quest but a bunch of level 17-19 clerics who believe they are invincible and go right into a mob of Marlone Clan Megatons, Soldiers, Mara Marine Sailors, etc....

Your generation seems to hit the grey area, and it would seem that we've failed in giving our experience to the next generation of King Questers.

Granted not all the king quests are dud's in the higher generations, and there are some that go smooth. But comparatively to the first and second generation, King Slime, Mara, Gold Hill, Robo, went extremely smooth most of the time. Heck, there was a minidragon yesterday that apparently completed 22 minutes early.

Anyone who knows the minidragon knows to do that, you need to have an awesome team.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #6
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
>______________>"
No offense, but ...
are you calling our generation DUMB?

It doesn't matter which "generation" you come from. Ok, maybe it does a little. Come from the first generation, be the first to experience, the first to work together to figure out new stuff. But being in the fourth etc. generation does not hinder us. I can work together perfectly with others, and so can others with me. Granted, there are some idiots that go and KS others, then call people n00bs =.= but still, I don't think that generations mean anything.

What matters is the person behind the screen.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #7
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lightningmystix View Post
>______________>"
No offense, but ...
are you calling our generation DUMB?

It doesn't matter which "generation" you come from. Ok, maybe it does a little. Come from the first generation, be the first to experience, the first to work together to figure out new stuff. But being in the fourth etc. generation does not hinder us. I can work together perfectly with others, and so can others with me. Granted, there are some idiots that go and KS others, then call people n00bs =.= but still, I don't think that generations mean anything.

What matters is the person behind the screen.
Well comparatively, the first generation didn't let Robo B fail as many times as it does today. Mara never had all the problems it has today, 99% of all rooms went smoothly. Gold Hill was a joke.

As you pointed out - the person behind the screen matters. It just so happens most other generations have many more inept players behind the screen. Some innocently have no clue what they are doing - which is fine. Then you have the others who can do something, but for whatever reason refuse to do it in such a way that it helps the team.

What really proved my point was when I visited marlone with a few guild members. There were 13 people (and yes, we counted the corpses thoroughly), clerics, fighters, mages, and archers - more than adequet fighting strength for marlone. Then... somehow... They all died. 5 with the first strike of his AOE immobilizing attack. The rest when the clerics failed to heal the tank, because they felt it wise to go bash marlone with hammers.

A fellow guild member took pity on them and revived them. We ended up helping them with their marlone quest.

In all respects, its not about you in particular, but its about the entire group as a generation. Out of all the generations out there, the fourth and beyond are the ones who constantly harass us for power levelling.

Last edited by AngellicDiety; 12-01-2007 at 03:12 PM..
Old 12-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #8
Azling
King Crab

In-Game Name: Chainsaw_Monkey
Current Level: 40 almost 41
Server: TEVA 4 LIFE
Azling is an unknown quantity at this point
Im New On Terms With the Generation thing i dont get it im basically a noob yet i have never failed a gold hill mara or king slime ball KQ Maybe im lucky but im a lvl 26 archer now there have been JERKS who refused to lvl me even though i offered to pay 1 silver (you can still get cash to lvl me ) but as i said i just think somepeople are JERKS which is why the KQ's Fail so much is becuase to many JERKS are allowed on the thing
Old 12-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #9
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
Originally Posted by Azling View Post
Im New On Terms With the Generation thing i dont get it im basically a noob yet i have never failed a gold hill mara or king slime ball KQ Maybe im lucky but im a lvl 26 archer now there have been JERKS who refused to lvl me even though i offered to pay 1 silver (you can still get cash to lvl me ) but as i said i just think somepeople are JERKS which is why the KQ's Fail so much is becuase to many JERKS are allowed on the thing
Its kind of obvious your talking about me there, you paid me that 1s because you lead a hob fighter and 2 hobs on me the previous day.
And also i lvl you alot i let you leech off me loads of times.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #10
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
@Angellic I have that same impression, i go back to Mara/Gold hill and there seems to be more idiots than when I played.... But that's not to say the later generations are more selfish and greedy and stuff....

I do strongly believe that some of those players are still getting use to the mobs, and what you have to do, and their roles in the game... i admit i'm a terrible healer in GH just coz there's so much to do! (get the kill for the bug, dig, heal, not to mention party members like to spread!)

i think it's got something to do with us knowing what to do more as well...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread