Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 02:04 AM   #1
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Tournaments Won: 1

Zotius is on a distinguished road
Fighter Guide | Compilation | Wiki v0.7

Hello people. Well this is my first time doing this so any kind of feedback will be appreciated.
Quote:
1. Introduction

Quote:
Fighter

The loyal warrior is a master of melee weapons and a fine example of great strength and lasting endurance.

Always ready to take on and tank any enemy, and taunt them with their fearlessness and fighting ability. They are the powerhouse and mainstay of any party, causing enemies to attack them as their fellow adventurers support from the sides. With the slash of their sword, or the swing of their axe, all you will hear is the death cry of their enemies.
The warrior can equip a 1-handed sword and shield, or a 2-handed sword or axe.
~Outspark
Quote:
Like most MMORPG games, Fighters in Fiesta Online act as the main basher or frontliner in the battle field. They are the melee class that wields mighty two-handed swords. They also have the highest possible HP and defense since they can wield the best armor as well.
~FiestaFan
Quote:
Like any other Warrior classes, they have the highest Strength, Defense and HP. They are able to wield 2-handed weapons or hold a one-handed weapon with a shield. Warriors also wear the thickest armor in the game.
~Fiesta HQ
Okay we've started off with some quotes from various websites about what they feel fighters are. So what do they all agree on?

1. Highest Strength
2. Highest Defence
3. They can carry 3 different weapons
Quote:
2. Fighter Information

Race: Human
Titles: Apprentice Fighter | Clever Fighter | Warrior
Weapons: One-Handed Sword + Shield | Two-Handed Sword | Two-Handed Axe

Originally Posted by LordFrederick View Post
I calculated these based on the level 30 weapons, which i presume to be the most common level range.

1HS 89-123 106 avg/1.1sec = 96.4 DPS base + .03(crit)*96.4 99.3DPS
2HS 129-163 146 avg/1.3sec = 112.3 DPS base + .04(crit)*112.3 116.8DPS
Axe 171-205 188 avg/1.5sec = 125.3 DPS base + .05(crit)*125.3 131.5DPS

(**DPS = damage per second, a common term used to describe the damage capability of a weapon in MMORPGs. Some in Fiesta seem unfamiliar with this term -_-)

Now its not that easy to calculate the aim disparity between the weapons into this, but for reference, the difference is 11 between each, axe the lowest. I highly doubt the 11 extra aim from the 2HS will make up the difference in damage. In addition, attack speed can somewhat be neutralized because there is 0 delay between skill usages, so for the first several blows of combat (and after skill CDs), axe and 2HS can functionally have the same attack speed.

So to me, it looks like 2HS is the worst of both worlds. There is no shield, and the damage is hands down lower than that of the axe. The upswing of it is that the 2HS looks the coolest.

So Tanks, go sword/shield. That can't be disputed. But for DPS, axe is the clear choice. Fortunately, 2HS users, you look a lot nicer.
~Taken from Outspark Forums.
Quote:
3. Stat Builds

Quote:
STR = +1.2dmg
END = +.1%block(1~50)/.05%block(51+), +.5def, +5hp.
DEX = +.2%evade(1~50)/.1%evade(51+), +.3%aim(1~33)/.2%aim(34~67)/.1%aim(68+)
INT = +1.2Mdmg
SPR = +.2%crit(1~25)/.1%crit(26+), +.5Mdef, +5sp

If the max level is 100, then this is how a PURE build would look like.

STR = +138dmg
END = +8.25%block, +57.5def, +575hp
DEX = +16.5%evade, +21.2%aim
INT = +138Mdmg
SPR = +14%crit, +57.5Mdef, +575sp
Originally Posted by rokaraged View Post
Okay after reviewing things I was very wrong with strength and its damage bonuses.
Bonus damage from strength adds AFTER the damage has been calculated. Defense DOES NOT affect bonus strength damage.
These are a few of the builds which I have come across and my personal opinions about them. Feel free to criticise.
-Full End Build (Great for tanking in parties or KQ. Not very useful for soloing because of the low damage.)
-Full Str Build (Good for soloing if you have a cleric with you if not you are going to burn a lot of HP Pots.)
-1 : 1 | Str : End (Generally good solo build with moderate damage output and defence.)
-1 : 2 | Str : End (Good if you can get a party)
-25 Spr, Full End (Suitable for tanking and also able to dish out a bit of damage from the extra 5% critical rate you get from the 25 Spr.)
-25 Spr, Full Str (Good for soloing. Able to dish out even more damage with the 5% extra critical rate.)
-Full Spr (A good build in the long run especially for axe users. If you manage to get your hands on a Thunder Axe and a Sign of Mara or Robo Claw you could get a 16.9% crit rate by Level 59.)

*Note that from after you have added the 25 Spr, any more Spr added will only add an extra 0.1% instead of 0.2%
*You may want to add around 5 ~ 10 Dex if you are using an Axe because of the lower hit rate.
Quote:
4. Skill Builds

Actually, there isn't much to skills. If you have the money, you can jolly well buy all the skills avaliable for the fighter. However when money is a problem, skills also become a problem.

For a list of Skills and their descriptions, Click Here.

Quote:
For Tankers, what you want is that all the monsters are attacking you, leaving your party members to whack away. So the must-haves of a Tanker are:
Concussive Charge (Single Target Stun)
Snearing Kick (Single Target Taunt)
Mock (AoE Taunt, 5 Targets)
Devastate (AoE Stun, 10 Targets)

Some other suggested optional skills are your debuffs, Bone Slicer, Fatal Slash, Demoralizing Hit and Immobilize.

For Skill Empowerments, you should consider either Increasing the Duration of Devastate's Stun Time, or Decreasing the Cooldown of Devastate, or even both.

Do not touch Concussive Charge.

You might want to increase the duration of your debuffs as well if you can't find anything to do with your skill points.

You can also get the damaging skills if you want. But priority should be the skills listed above.
Quote:
For Soloers, you will want to deal as much damage possible so you would want to get the damaging skills.
For One-Handed Sword users, you must get Slice and Dice.
For Two-Handed Sword or Axe users, you must get Power Hit.

You can also get the debuffs if you want and if you have some extra money you can go ahead and buy the stuns and taunts.

For Skill Empowerments, you should Increase the Damage of either Slice and Dice or Power Hit, depending on the weapon you are using. You can also Decrease the Cooldown for the skills if you like to PvP as spamming skills is what you should be doing during PvP.
Quote:
5. Credits

Hmmm many people to thank. First of all, I would like to thank my father and mother and my siblings for supporting me through my journey. Ok just kidding.

Fiesta Homepage
Fiesta Forums @ Outspark
Fiesta HQ
Fiesta Fan
Rokarage
Kushiel
Many many more people. (Sorry I just don't really know where I get some of the stuff from I dug them out from my memory.)
And you for reading this Compilation | Guide | Wiki

*Tell me if any part has been contributed by you and I'll add your name into the credits list.

Last edited by Zotius; 10-31-2007 at 01:55 PM..
Old 10-30-2007, 04:59 AM   #2
Yangster
Fire Mushroom

Yangster is on a distinguished road
argh... where is that stat reset pill or whatever...

GREAT GUIDE DUDE!!! ALL NEWBS AND NOOBS LOOK AT THIS!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:40 AM   #3
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Hehe thanks. Not really a guide though. Sure there's some of my own info but more like a compilation of information.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Good Job Zotius
NOW ICAN BE LAZY

i felt like half that guide though I've been saying for the past 2 months...

WHERES MY CREDIT XP
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:53 PM   #5
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Hi, Im new to FiestaFan, but nice guide (lots of rokaraged's stuff in there) =) I've actually been reading this forum for a week or so, but I just joined today.

You left out the full spr build = / I'm only lvl 28, but I'm full spr and it seems to be working quite nicely... Usually on yellow or orange mobs, if i can stun them I can kill them before they get unstunned or a few seconds afterwards. I make scrolls, so I always have def aim and vit scrolls on me, kinda makes up for lack of end i guess. I was going to go 25spr and rest End, but I changed my mind after I saw the toughness skill...

Anyhoo, yeah, nice guide, you should throw it on the wiki or sticky it so ppl can stop asking the same questions over and over =P

-Kush
So you're going full SPR? Wielding an axe?

Wruh - level 26 Cleric
Oniruka- level 11 Fighter (vendor)
click here to spank me!! NOW!!
Old 10-31-2007, 01:50 PM   #6
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Oh yea. I knew I forgot one build. But well for me it seems that after the 25 Spr added, spr kind of loses it's effectiveness on a fighter. I mean you gain a 1% crit rate in 10 levels. So by the time you reach level 59 you would have a 8.9% increased crit rate. Which can be quite good. Coupled with a thunder axe and a sign of mara or a robo claw you can get 16.9% crit rate. But still that's when you are level 59.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:12 PM   #7
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
don't forget up to
+15% crit with licenses...
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:15 PM   #8
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Hmm I thought they didn't stack.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:31 PM   #9
Falcomist
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: Falcomist
Falcomist will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Falcomist Send a message via MSN to Falcomist
awesome guide ^^ but ill just follow my tank/crit build hehe.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:16 AM   #10
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

25 Spr Full End?
Closed Thread