Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
Xygru
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Xygru
Server: Apoline, Epith
Xygru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Xygru
I believe all fighters should read

just a little thing i pulled together in my mind from all the mmorpg's i have played

pure strength:
If you plan on dealing mass DMG so people are envious, my main tip don't
unless your planning on getting a good shield
you may deal the dmg, but you will take it harsh. With pure strength use a 1h+shield, with your pure STR you will still deal a medium amount of dmg with the extra DEF bonus

Str+Dex:

This(too me) would be a proper build for wielding an axe (because 2h only look nice) you have the Strength too deal still high dmg and you have the evasion which if it is high enough to evade a good amount of attacks. Not particularly the best build to be a tank, but a great build for solo and possibly a small pvp

Str+End
you can never go wrong with strength and defense, good for any of the 3 weapon choices, and great for a tank, it's your choice whether to make END or STR higher, personally Str is better to have high, as long as you know you have a good cleric backing you up just in case of a healing situation. Used for medium-high dmg and same for Def

Str+Spr+End

this build probably looks weird when you first look at it but don't worry this is my favorite build for any warrior any game, there are 3 ways to set it up
goes left too right highest stat point to lowest stat point

STR,End,SPR- max strength with good dmg, and a small amount to raise crit chance, crits can save you from dieing.

Spr,Str,End- probably looks weird, but Spr give you the crit chance oh and let me not forget the Magic Defense, (so why would i leave my defense for lowest?) simple in the short time i have played this game, there is a mass amount of clerics and mages running around. So with the Mdefense, you can take them out, they will surely believe you will be hit hard, not with a high Mdefense, Str depending on weapon medium or high DMG, and END was already explained

End,Str,SPR,- basically the same as a Str+END build but end is first, this is many used for those wishing to wield those beautiful axes you all seem to love so much, you get the high take for the melee attacks dealt to you, plus you still get a good amount of dmg from your strength stat
SPR, is thrown in there for those mages that want to take you out, and for that little extra crit chance that once again will come between life and death

I hope this helped you with main builds for a Fighter, This builds are what i go with when i work on mine in many games that give you the option of Upgrading stat points (p.s unlike wow GR)
anyways happy building your Fighters

Xygru-Apoline- 1x?

Psicosis-Epith-starting soon.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #2
Sinto
Skeleton

In-Game Name: Sinto
Current Level: 80. And staying there.
Server: Teva
Sinto is on a distinguished road
Umm. You forgot about Pure End. o.o But it's a nice, useful tip for beginner fighters. Good job~
Old 06-28-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
If you're a "pure strength"/DPS fighter, you use an axe or 2h sword... Using a shield/1h doesn't make much sense if you want optimum DPS.

Good, though.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:46 PM   #4
Xygru
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Xygru
Server: Apoline, Epith
Xygru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Xygru
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
If you're a "pure strength"/DPS fighter, you use an axe or 2h sword... Using a shield/1h doesn't make much sense if you want optimum DPS.

Good, though.
but with the pure STR, you receive no benefit towards melee attack defense, so you basically need the shield,

Xygru-Apoline- 1x?

Psicosis-Epith-starting soon.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #5
Sinto
Skeleton

In-Game Name: Sinto
Current Level: 80. And staying there.
Server: Teva
Sinto is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Xygru View Post
but with the pure STR, you receive no benefit towards melee attack defense, so you basically need the shield,
Not if you have a +9 armored set. I've seen pure STR's with 1.3k def. But in the beginning of pure STR's, you will suffer since you'll get hit seriously hard with no +9 equips. x_o
Old 06-28-2008, 10:47 PM   #6
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
The thing is STR points don't give damage the same way as the base STR. Maxed out at level 100 with pure STR you do maybe 150 more damage. At level 100, doesn't seem that nice compared to the benefits of having PURE end with +9 weapons..

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Old 06-28-2008, 11:34 PM   #7
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
IMO the 5% crit is more beneficial than 50 or so (at my level) damage per hit. Not to mention the extra SP. END + 25 SPR ftw.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:49 PM   #8
D.A.R.E.boy

Tournaments Won: 35

my 25 fighter with t2 def can take a hit from a +9 70 bow
one of he power att oh cuz i had a t2 vit on but yea i tested
it with ArrowSnipe my ood friend today in pvp and my pure end
dosnt go down easy

Closed Thread