Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
KY_Jelly
Spider

In-Game Name: Unbanned
Current Level: 28
Server: Teva
KY_Jelly is on a distinguished road
low level grinding

alright, so i remade my fighter because of an altercation with Steam and i've been scrolling up and grinding to level quicker. after my first set of scrolls (an hour) i hit level 8. Right now i'm grinding ratment but i'm not sure how the natural progression of monster levels goes. I'm a bit hazy on stuff like that between levels 13 and 25.

so my question is what is the next level monster (and next, and next, etc.)

right now I'm thinking:
boars,
boogeys
pirates
sailors
elites
speedy boogeys
joker kebings
smart phinos
kebings
little lizardmen
grave robbers

Does that seem about right? do you see anything that can be flipped? i need to be careful to follow that progression because if i go to high, I'm gonna get smacked around pretty bad and if i go too low, i wont be levelling as fast as i can. I'm really hoping to just go on a grind marathon this weekend and catch back up to my friend James (8Bit)
Old 10-19-2007, 01:23 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
that looks about right to me... i thought grave robbers comes before little lizardmen but i'm not 100% sure...

this is slightly off topic... but do u KQ as well? or just pure grinding? coz that's where i get all my exp from at lower lvls...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-19-2007, 02:06 AM   #3
KY_Jelly
Spider

if i grind efficiently, i can level faster than KQs.

I am level 8 and 86% through it after an hour. I'll probably start doing KQs to supplement the grinding, but really nothing can keep up with just a pure grind marathon, and since i saved all my level 20 equipment, I have no point farming for enhanced weapons or earrings from the KQs.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:09 AM   #4
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Ohh ok i guess as a cleric.. grinding too me 4eva.. KQ was my shortcut keke.. probably different with fighters... =D

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-19-2007, 02:30 AM   #5
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Grinding at the lower levels as a Fighter is a bit of a pain in the ass. I'm not sure about the higher levels but the lower levels? Ugh. But then again... I am rather biased because i'm a total Mageophile. :P I can't stand not being able to just nuke stuff and level up like crazy. But what you said was pretty much right. Hm... I can't remember what I did with my Fighter to get to level 20 so quickly... I guess I just grinded while I could then kept doing KQ's. KQ's are great for experience until the later levels. Then it becomes almost as boring as grinding 24/7.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:34 AM   #6
KY_Jelly
Spider

Originally Posted by MagesRequiem View Post
Grinding at the lower levels as a Fighter is a bit of a pain in the ass. I'm not sure about the higher levels but the lower levels? Ugh. But then again... I am rather biased because i'm a total Mageophile. :P I can't stand not being able to just nuke stuff and level up like crazy. But what you said was pretty much right. Hm... I can't remember what I did with my Fighter to get to level 20 so quickly... I guess I just grinded while I could then kept doing KQ's. KQ's are great for experience until the later levels. Then it becomes almost as boring as grinding 24/7.
i disagree completely.

a fighter kills things by just plain outlasting it. it has more HP and more def so you can just sit there and take a beating without batting an eye because eventually you'll kill it. So adding a vit scroll and shield scroll to a low level fighter is essentially giving him the power of a fighter 5 levels ahead of him. with a single set of vit, shield, and power scroll and a handful of pots, i can easily level a fighter from 1 to 10 in about an hour.

a mage on the other hand is the exact oposite. you kill stuff before it hits you because if it does, you're F'ed. so trying to grind with a mage at lower levels is harder because there is no readily available buff for your magical attack power.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:12 AM   #7
Symphoni
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Theia
Current Level: 4x
Server: Theia-World
Symphoni is on a distinguished road
Grinding is forever the pain in the ass for all class i think except clerics...coz grinding with my cleric i could go on forever.

Self-Proclaimed Mythical Healer
1st Class Warrior of Mont'Ka

Click here to make me grow!
Old 10-23-2007, 02:43 AM   #8
Xhaos Incarnate
Crab

In-Game Name: XhaosIncarnate
Current Level: 15
Xhaos Incarnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xhaos Incarnate
I'm going to side with KY on this one, I started my fighter up again today and it seemed to me that getting up to level ten went faster, or at least less monotanous (spelling?). My mage is 13 I believe and already I became bored of it. The fighter keeps you more into the fight instead of just hitting a few buttons and watching them die two feet away from you.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:25 AM   #9
Symphoni
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Theia
Current Level: 4x
Server: Theia-World
Symphoni is on a distinguished road
Yes, fighters FTw.lol.

Self-Proclaimed Mythical Healer
1st Class Warrior of Mont'Ka

Click here to make me grow!
Closed Thread