Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 02:46 AM   #1
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Why Fiesta is Such a Pain.

... I can't get a party. EVER.

People are asking for "DD" in Uruga and when I shout back... no invite. Wtf. You should just ask for MAGES not DDs. Or has the definition just changed now... we're not even considered as a class?
Old 01-10-2008, 02:48 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
is mage really that much stronger than archers at high level?

as a cleric i really hate how mage dies in 2 hits...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-10-2008, 02:49 AM   #3
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
People want mages more.

Why?

Archer skills are incredibly limited. Mages, on the other hand, have three of their four AoE spells. Archers can poison, but when you annihilate Navar the way some are able to now, archers are practically useless, as a mob of about 10 Navar die in about 10 seconds.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:09 AM   #4
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
All people want is a 6x mage now >_<
Old 01-10-2008, 03:15 AM   #5
Loveless
Super Moderator

It kinda ticks me off when people say Archers are (practically or not) useless. If it was so useless it should've never been implemented.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:24 AM   #6
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
It kinda ticks me off when people say Archers are (practically or not) useless. If it was so useless it should've never been implemented.
And if everyone could somehow heal themselves without stones and potions, would they call a cleric useless? Of course.

The use of the word was not intended to be offensive. It was used, in context, to define the archer's handicap. I'll use an example to be more specific.

I was in a party with two level 67s, at the time of this post: Falcomist and hyoree, fighter and mage respectively. Now, all Falcomist had to do was round up about 10-15 Navar, use Mock and Devastate, and that's all he needed. hyoree would cast Frost Nova, then Inferno, then clean up anything left. Only took about 10 seconds to eliminate all. Not bad exp at all.

After a request, we added Shadow_Shot, a level 63 archer at the time of this post. hyoree went afk to deal with a phone call. It took us about half a minute to kill the Navar. My conclusion was such:

Due to the lack of archer skills, archers cannot compete with mages when it comes to grinding. People want to get as much exp as they can, and with mages able to kill faster, mages are preferred. I mean, be reasonable. A mage with Frost Nova and Inferno will decimate just about any mob.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:46 AM   #7
Loveless
Super Moderator

You don't seem to get what I was ranting about. I was saying how people say they are looking for "DDs" but when an Archer, who is also considered a DD, asks for a party but they don't get an invite. If they don't want any Archers they should just ask for Mages instead.

Doesn't take a genius to figure Mages overpower us by far. But we also need parties too and I hear so many saying how they feel sorry for our class... yet where are the invites? Always the last resort when they seriously can't find anyone, not even ppl way below their party.

Also the thing about the Cleric... yeah, no. Obviously they don't have any issues right now getting a party or soloing. And that also isn't the point of this thread.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:57 AM   #8
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Outsparks Fiesta sure has ripped them off.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:03 AM   #9
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Outsparks Fiesta sure has ripped them off.
yeah sounds like it... but hopefully they'll work something out soon...

Dakkon started a thread about class balance... so i guess at least we know that it's one of they things they will look at some time in the future...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-10-2008, 04:26 AM   #10
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
I saw you shouting for a party today in Uruga today Loveless. Along with like another lvl 53 archer. I didn't even bother shouting since I'm only lvl 37. But I bet that lvl 38 cleric got a party....>.> gah.
Closed Thread