Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 10:38 PM   #21
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation

But the pick up cooldown time must be longer than 5 seconds. 5 seconds is short and when I wait to loot it seemed to take much longer than that.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:52 PM   #22
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by WizardsRequiem View Post
Please space out the giant wall of text.
Huh?

Originally Posted by Ulrike View Post
Lol I keep forgetting there's a pickup hotkey option xD
Is the hotkey already programmed or do we set it? If we set it then tell me how to do that (yeah, i could go in there and figure it all out for myself, but hell, if y'all already know, then just splain to me plz).

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 02-23-2008, 10:55 PM   #23
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
The pick-up key was assigned by default, I think when you start the game.

It should be in your actions tab, just click and drag into a slot.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:20 PM   #24
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
The pick-up key was assigned by default, I think when you start the game.

It should be in your actions tab, just click and drag into a slot.
OMG! May be a blonde day for me - so the pick-up emote image is hotkey to the key that is denoted on that quick-bar space. OMG! I always mouse and click those items!

And, note to all those who have dies while partied with me - if I figure this out then maybe I can hotkey some heal and stuff! Just maybe, no promises.

KK - now I have to go test it out. Thx!

Kk - gotta stay on topic too so, ummm, yeah, maybe the pick-up delay should be just a wee bit longer.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 02-24-2008, 12:02 AM   #25
WizardsRequiem
Mara Pirates

WizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these parts
Greed usually kicks in when it comes to loot even if its set to go to different people. It takes more than five seconds for them to become a "free for all" item. With five people in a party it takes a lot of ignorance to forget that an item is there and just keep fighting and have someone steal your loot. Even if no one in your party is greedy, which, I might add, is impossible in every way imaginable, someone is still bound to pick it up before its timer expires and is then able to be picked up by anyone.

Also I figured I might just go ahead and add that no one can "Ks" your loot as "KS" or any variant thereof stands for "Kill Stealing" and if your loot can be "Kill Stolen" then... well... thats just insane and an explanation on how that happened is definitely needed. I feel that your problem was caused by yourself and ranting about it was quite unnecessary. Although... some might say that the rudeness within this post was also unnecessary. But mind you, I didn't try to be rude. I'm just being as blunt about this as I can.

Oh and Ladi-Loki, that post was meant for the person who made this thread.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:46 AM   #26
Amanda2_0
Speedy Honeying

In-Game Name: Amanda2_0
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
Amanda2_0 will become famous soon enoughAmanda2_0 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Well... Imagine you have a tank tanking all the mobs... then 5 metres away are the mage/archer/clerics healing from a safe place... (although mage should be in the crowd with the fighter for AOE but anyway...) only the tank is close enough to pick up the loot soons after they drop...

if tank has a lot of different skills to spam, and if they want to tank properly they actually hv to think! if he's gotta be the one picking up the loots too.. it gets quite hectic... esp when at lvl 6x i should imagine he's tanking 6-7 trumpies at a time... he probably dont hv time to pick things up until it's all killed... and from the time between 1st and last one being killed.. i'm sure that'll be more that 5 sec...

i think they should make the cool time longer... 30 sec sounds pretty good to me... 5 sec is seriously too short...
At least Hassah gets it, actually my tank was lvl 74 so that was 10-15 trumpies... and you are right for normal drops it is only around 5 sec which for that situation no where near enough time. But like I said, there is the possibility of my sweeping in to pick them up myself, but that causes a mess.

And who is that person? Duh we all know what KS means... it is a joke like when that person made their characters name NO_KS_MY_WOOD. And if that was not obvious really makes me wonder. Also people are not ignorant if the cannot pick up their loot in 5 sec, they are just damn busy killing the mob... I would think for most people that comes first and their loot should be safely waiting for them.

Next time read the post and understand the situation, before posting something that is irrelevant.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:27 PM   #27
WizardsRequiem
Mara Pirates

WizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these parts
Irrelevant? Nevermind. If I say it'll just end up getting in trouble. Again, with roughly five members in a party someone is BOUND to pick up the items. I've AoE'd plenty of time (even though thats the most idiotic thing to call it) and not once have we ever let anyone pick up our stuff. It doesn't matter if we're surrounded or not, someone always picked it up as they cast spells or did whatever. So personally, i'm quite glad your loot was stolen because in all honesty, you deserved it.

Edit: That "joke" is incredibly lame and no, it was not obvious.

Last edited by WizardsRequiem; 02-24-2008 at 09:40 PM..
Old 02-24-2008, 09:42 PM   #28
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Not EVERY party has everyone that wants to pick up the loots... especially when 4 of the 5 people are not within picking loot up range for Amanda.. And the only one that's within range is a fighter who's busy holding aggro...

the best time for the fighter to pick up the loots is after he's killed off all the mobs and by then half the loots have already expired and others can pick up...

if the loot takes 30 sec to cool, then this problem wouldnt hv happened... if noobs wants other ppl loots they should need to wait longer...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 02-24-2008, 09:45 PM   #29
WizardsRequiem
Mara Pirates

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Not EVERY party has everyone that wants to pick up the loots... especially when 4 of the 5 people are not within picking loot up range for Amanda.. And the only one that's within range is a fighter who's busy holding aggro...

the best time for the fighter to pick up the loots is after he's killed off all the mobs and by then half the loots have already expired and others can pick up...

if the loot takes 30 sec to cool, then this problem wouldnt hv happened... if noobs wants other ppl loots they should need to wait longer...
I never said that EVERYONE is going to go chasing after the loot. But there will always be one person who will. If they don't then as I said before, they deserve it. Takes less than two seconds to grab an item with a second being shaved off if they have it as a hotkey.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #30
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
The point is 4 of the 5 ppl are not within range to pick up loots... even if they want to they cant (or really hv to go out of their way to pick them up)...

I dont see how they deserved to be looted just coz they havent had time to pick up their loots... they kill the mob, its theirs...

when someone is 5 metres away it takes more than just two seconds to run up to the loots and not concentrate on killing, just to pick up loots so some noobs wouldnt come steal it...

its not whether it takes 2 sec to pick up a loot.. or if there's ppl in the party that'll constantly go and pick things up... the game should be designed to ensure that only the ppl who owns the loot have sufficient time to pick them up, and 5 sec is definitely not long enough....

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread