Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:18 AM   #21
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation

I think the times I rushed for the next levels were when I was 2-3 levels away from my next weapon and when I was close to hitting 50. Even then while everyone else in the guild was going to Uruga I stayed in CP soloing Harkans. The exp was good for my level and so were the drops... and the license leveled up nicely for me to have great criticals.

I never understood why people would want to go to these 'high level' places. The drops are beyond horrible and so is the pace at which you kill for the damage you take. I, for one, do not like to waste money on such places. :P I'm often seen soloing Orcs (leveling license again) and I get random clerics asking to level with me. They can't really heal me enough but because they try hard (I think they might break their heal button) I let them stay until they gain a level or two. They are polite enough so that's fine with me and I save HP stones.

Level restriction on Uruga gates? I would support that only because those small handful of people have ruined it for everyone else. The lag I get when I logged on the other day was beyond bearable. I can take up to 3 Orcs without a cleric while using stones but... I was killed so easily cause of the lag. :/

Now at 59... I can't find motivation to level in Fiesta. Weird since the job level is "just" 3 million exp away. But the lag and power leveling beggars is just too much to handle. I don't like getting spammed with a million party invites... when leveling by myself is hard enough. D:
Old 02-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #22
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Really, one of the worst things about it is not the 11 million xp that you will need at lvl 69, but that you also now have to compete with 4 or more parties of people who frankly, just can't take it there.

All the spots at Fos and AeW are usually taken so I just relax and casually grind on Orcs. It's really, really slow but there's nothing else to do. Eventually I wander into some party's "territory" and they tell me to "GTFO" or insult me for thinking I'm better than them because I'm relatively higher-leveled. Worst thing is I have usually not said anything through the whole time and that I'm usually on my way out when they insult me. Usually I have to head back and revive them =/

I don't like the idea of lvl-locks but I now see the reason for them. Make people wait and earn their levels, not spam-heal or leech through them. I've seen lvl 30 clerics, who were lvl 50 2-weeks later, no exaggerations. Lag which was something unheard of in Uruga, is now a factor you have to consider before stepping in there. Elderine is looking empty these days, everyone 30+ is looking to go to Uruga. = l

Edit-and If and when Burning Rock is ever released, you know what's going to happen.

-my 2c-

Last edited by Ivramire; 02-13-2008 at 02:24 PM..
Old 02-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #23
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
When Burning Rock opens... I may actually have a free, lagless spot in Uruga. >.>

Seriously though, I play BK and I get little to no lag when it's all the way in Japan. Then when I log into Fiesta I'm going a mile a minute trying to get from spawn point to the stone merchant. And supposedly their servers are in or near Cali? Yeh, I live in Vancouver I should be able to connect fine...
Old 02-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #24
Uklyvian
Prock Zone

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Uklyvian/Will/Nachito
Current Level: 8x/7x/6x
Server: Teva
Uklyvian is infamous around these parts
The servers in Japan is something i really don't get. I have zero lag in BK, yet Fiesta? Wow. Also a level restriction would make it so I couldn't bring heal slaves to Uruga =-= and that would not make me happy. My favorite thing to do is to play Mara on my level 17 nub archer and find good clerics to bring to Uruga with me ^^. Imagine their surprise when a 50+ fighter invites them from many maps away and says "Hi I just did kq with you =p" Now that i am level 56, grinding is really getting old, I have found that with one 55+ cleric and a 60+ mage we can aoe a whole trumpy field with the mobs gone before devastate runs out, though that gets really boring. There arent many good grinding areas left because there are parties that have no business being in the high level areas. I try to stay out of FoS because you find the 60-70+ parties there, and they are typically not very receptive of a level 56 fighter sticking his nose in their mobs ^^. And it bothers me when a part of five comes and grabs a few trumpies right in front of me when i am collecting for aoe. Though i have no idea what could be done. A level restriction would hurt those with higher level players just coming to set up shop and things like that, though i am sure they could work around it, so i dont know =/.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:42 AM   #25
Mistikl
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Kyrel (Archer) / Tacitus (Cleric) / Gestalt (Mage)
Current Level: 19 / 1 / 1
Server: Teva / Teva / Teva
Mistikl is a jewel in the roughMistikl is a jewel in the roughMistikl is a jewel in the rough
What they should have is a system that doesn't let you go into places when your levels not high enough.

For example, you try to go into Uruga below level 50, and you get told you can't because your not a high enough level. That'd solve low levels in Uruga. Of course, they'd have to change the level limits, but that's not hard.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:33 PM   #26
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
I agree with the level limits for certain places. However, since you get a quest in your 40s to go to Uruga, the level limit should be 40. But, oh yes!!!! Level limits on the maps would be great.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 02-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #27
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Level limits, although I started off being against them, actually sounds pretty good. Would stop spammers from entering Uruga if they did too @__@

Level limit to Uruga should be 34-35 ... that's when we get that millk quest xD

{ enraya ! }
Old 02-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #28
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I think the level limit for Elderine should be whenever you get the quest to go there. And for Uruga, that milk delivering quest. But then again... I think you get that quest at level 28. My fighter has the quest. Maybe get rid of the quest, and/or move it to a higher level? 40 sounds like a nice level limit for Uruga. And I think CP should be 30+, AEW, 45-50+ish. Everywhere else doesn't seem to have too much of a leeching problem.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #29
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
I think the level limit for Elderine should be whenever you get the quest to go there. And for Uruga, that milk delivering quest. But then again... I think you get that quest at level 28. My fighter has the quest. Maybe get rid of the quest, and/or move it to a higher level? 40 sounds like a nice level limit for Uruga. And I think CP should be 30+, AEW, 45-50+ish. Everywhere else doesn't seem to have too much of a leeching problem.
The milk quest is like Lv38. ô_ô
Old 02-18-2008, 04:12 PM   #30
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
o.O Then why does my fighter have it. Glitch I guess?
Closed Thread