Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 02:39 AM   #1
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Problems

So I went exploring Outspark's tech support for an answer to this problem I've been having. Outspark tech support's usually pretty good with problems - relatively responsive and somewhat thoughtful though not informed. Except with this one. My problem is that Skype keeps closing down whenever I'm using it with Fiesta. It just closes, as though the process is being forcibly ended by task manager. It's really strange. I assume it's X-trap since both Blackshot and Fiesta share it, and the problem is experienced between the two as well. Surely not a coincidence.

http://www.outspark.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1287550
http://www.outspark.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125151
http://www.outspark.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119549

As you can see, I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. Unfortunately all the replies are all the same. The guys just shield themselves from any responsibility in relation to it, and say it's the users fault or Skype's fault - not X-trap nor any of their clients.

It's bewildering but funny too. Here are some of the more inspirational posts I found.

Originally Posted by Poisoned77 View Post
This is Bug Reporting for Blackshot, not Skype. If Skype has a problem running with other programs I suggest you report it to them.
Originally Posted by CSR_Hal View Post
um, x-trap doesn't block skype. CSR Joker uses it all the time while playing with the GL's.

this issue is most likely caused by skype itself or windows. since skype is malfunctioning, you should ask the skype tech support for help.

just a guess, but i think you probably have a sound card that can't support both programs at once so it is shutting one down.
Originally Posted by CSR_Hal View Post
it sounds like you are having a skype issue, not a fiesta issue. i doubt that fiesta is closing skype, it's most likely skype itself or windows doing that. have you tried contacting the skype tech support? since the issue is with skype, that is where you should start your inquiries.
Originally Posted by alicina View Post
I think it's the MB or GB you have in your computer...because if it's not so strong, it may not hold both at the same time. Just in my opinion but I'm not quiet sure...

And our winning post:

Originally Posted by ikimoto View Post
How about not having skype client open?

Okay so maybe a few of those were okay - but Outspark could at least look into this a little more thoughtfully rather than turning their heads the other way.
Closed Thread