Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 03:55 PM   #21
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
O. M. G.

Does this still work? Because the people in the ONE Mara KQ I did (that was a fail, btw) were convinced that they couldn't get out of the way. =.=

And then the 4 fighters I partied with in Marlone's Hideout said they couldn't do it eiter.

>.>

*rages*
it works sometimes but it's not a sure thing anymore. trust me, i tried and i used to always find the spot behind marlone and mara. now it seems kinda random. sometimes i would be fighting mara and she wouldn't hit me at all. even one time when i was tanking she didn't hit me with her aoe. i guess now you just kinda ghotta hope that there's some lag involved that makes it seem like you're not close enough xD.

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Old 07-16-2008, 08:50 PM   #22
Lexaeus
Bat

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: FredWeasley, EishunKonoe
Current Level: 3x, 8
Server: Teva, Epith
Lexaeus is on a distinguished road
Yeah I hate being the only cleric who can rev in a kq but I usually just don't rev the ones that always die and beg for a rev b/c they were bragging about their lvl 60 main oooooooooooooooooo. If I am the only cleric I usually am the one who dies b/c I can keep most people alive but be the only one who dies -.- Though I must admit the most annoying thing about that kq is fighters who don't have snearing kick or refuse to tank. Sometimes my mage even tanked once -.- I for one figured out how to play my character after playing my first kq (due to my past experience in playing my Priest in RO)
Old 07-16-2008, 11:13 PM   #23
kirbysprite
Would you like a fork?

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: kirbysprite | kirbycoke | kirbyade | kirbypunch
Current Level: 37|21|12|3
Server: Teva
kirbysprite has disabled reputation
I've been their but my people were smart... Being the only one to rev is pretty annoying, but kinda funny... I once saw two people dead and I asked if they had any hearts left. Both of them had none, and they both said I had to rev quick... I chose the right person... But yeah, it sometimes is just a pain being the only cleric...

I think GH is better than Mara... I haven't failed GH yet...

Thanks cillia!

ks = kirbysprite
ks =\= kill steal
STOP THE CONFUSION!
Old 07-17-2008, 12:00 AM   #24
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
O. M. G.

Does this still work? Because the people in the ONE Mara KQ I did (that was a fail, btw) were convinced that they couldn't get out of the way. =.=

And then the 4 fighters I partied with in Marlone's Hideout said they couldn't do it eiter.

>.>

*rages*
it should still work... the last time i played Mara KQ was just before the newest patch.. unless they've done something to it...

but the trick is..

the tanker needs to keep a maximum distance from Mara/Marlone... and then everyone else also keeps a maximum distance at the back of Mara/Marlone...

do u guys understand wat i mean by maximum distance?

not too sure about the Marlone in MCH... i hvnt seen him since my cleric was lvl 29 LOL

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 07-17-2008, 03:44 AM   #25
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
it should still work... the last time i played Mara KQ was just before the newest patch.. unless they've done something to it...

but the trick is..

the tanker needs to keep a maximum distance from Mara/Marlone... and then everyone else also keeps a maximum distance at the back of Mara/Marlone...

do u guys understand wat i mean by maximum distance?

not too sure about the Marlone in MCH... i hvnt seen him since my cleric was lvl 29 LOL
i get what you're saying. since it's probably like most aoes they need a target and even though with mara's it looks like the aoe is centered around her, both of theirs is actually centered around teh target. so the tank being as far away as possible means the aoe covers less area behind them, right?

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Old 07-17-2008, 03:48 AM   #26
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
YUPYUP!!

exactly~

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 07-17-2008, 10:36 AM   #27
superalim
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: KqZero, KqHero
Current Level: 4x, 2x
Server: Teva
superalim is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lexaeus View Post
Yeah I hate being the only cleric who can rev in a kq but I usually just don't rev the ones that always die and beg for a rev b/c they were bragging about their lvl 60 main oooooooooooooooooo. If I am the only cleric I usually am the one who dies b/c I can keep most people alive but be the only one who dies -.- Though I must admit the most annoying thing about that kq is fighters who don't have snearing kick or refuse to tank. Sometimes my mage even tanked once -.- I for one figured out how to play my character after playing my first kq (due to my past experience in playing my Priest in RO)
I got a similar problem with yours, but my problem is that Cleric don't bother to heal me.

Just now I wanted to tank for the Robo KQ, everyone seem to agree at the start, so I started tanking, the monsters started to hit harder and cleric started to ignore me, so I started using stones and potions, oo well... When i tanking the DPS, it owned me because I can't use stones and potions fast enough and none of the cleric bothers to heal me, the clerics in the other parties said that they are healing their party member i accept, but my party, 2 clerics? None wanted to heal me? I got up and lose interest in tanking anymore. They manage to get throught everything until the part where runners are needed, I just walk around watching death until finally I am and then Fail , Hurray! I witnessed the greatest KQ.

Name ~ Lv ~ Guild

KqZero ~ Lv4x ~ SG_Inc (Retired)
KqHero ~ Lv2x~ Armed_Forces (Retired)
Old 07-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #28
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
lol

it's ok. xD

i was there, too. was still kinda fun... running and all. =]

hope it'll be better next time ^^

-------------------------------------------------
Old 07-18-2008, 05:55 PM   #29
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
o__o The only problem with idiots in KQ is that... I lag so bad I can't really chat/yell at them. I want to make a Cleric just so I can laugh at dummy Fighters and when they as for Revives I'll say I haven't learned it yet. Then go revive someone who deserves it. xD

I cannot stand Fighters who do not Mock(<<one of my biggest pet peeves)
OMG I know. I was apart of a mara KQ with plenty of high fighters who could tank. NONE OF THEM USED MOCK/TAUNT. The mages ( me included) and archers kept pulling agro because the fighters didn't mock/taunt. One fighter even said, "what is mock?"

X_X
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 07-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #30
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
lol

I'm a dd so I rarely had to do tanking except one time in GH KQ when there was no tanker. Lucky I was lvl 32 and there were 2+ clerics kicking me so we made it in the end. xD

I saw then that being a tanker wasn't easy. ^^

-------------------------------------------------
Closed Thread