Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 07:49 AM   #1
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Your Top 3 Pet Peeves about Clerics.

Since there are so many threads on the hard work clerics are doing, I thought of making a thread outlining all the stuff clerics don't do. Release all your rage in one thread! >: Hahaha. Outline your top 3 pet peeves about clerics xD
... Not that I have anything against clerics! I'm just bored ... procrastinating from exams >w<

1. Clerics who heal themselves when their party members are still alive.

Here's my #1 pet peeve about clerics.
Usually I have NOTHING against clerics who heal themselves! I mean come on, if the clerics dead, the party's chance of survival just dropped a considerable amount. When a cleric is doing his/her best to keep herself/himself and the party alive under a hard situation, I have nothing against that because the cleric knows that if he/she dies, the party just lost one of their only hopes. I also have absolutely nothing against clanks, which are actually one of my favourite parts of Fiesta. It's when the cleric is healing himself/herself while taking minimal damage that gets me pissed:

a) cleric, you're taking about 1/10 of the damage I'm taking right now.
b) cleric, get over yourself. If I die, you're going to be suffering the 19872364 mobs I'm trying to steer away from you right now.
c) cleric, you already have a few mobs on you, WHY ARE YOU DRAWING MORE AGGRO WITH YOUR HEALS? Do you not SEE that I'm trying to get them off you? Cut down the amount of your heals! There's a thing called HP stones that can heal you, and no, don't argue that you have already used up so many stones. Whatever number of HP stones you have used, I guarantee I've used about 3x more.

2. Clerics who argue that "he/she cannot heal all of us, therefore we must be doing something wrong."

Just ... -headdesk-
I can't believe I've met a cleric like this before. My personal experience came from the 5x abyss, where we were pulling only ~20 or so mobs with an amazing fighter, a back up tank, and 2 dds. When we all have died a few times, we told the cleric that she needed to start healing more. Her response? "I'm already healing as much as I can." "You need to do this the right way." "Sorry, I'm going to leave party because I'm not sure you guys know how to AoE."
I felt dumbfounded. I really didn't know what to do, whether to laugh or yell at the cleric. I'm just glad she left. I can find a cleric who does their role in the party ten times better than she does and has an attitude twenty times better.

3. Clerics who have an extremely bad attitude towards healing tips.

Apart from a few, I don't think there are too many people in Fiesta who yell at clerics just for the sake of it. There had to be something that the cleric wasn't doing satisfactorily enough to receive such criticism. Of course, some peoples' demands are rather ... high, but I think most have reasonable requests.

I. Don't. Understand. Why. Some. Clerics. Just. Don't. Take. Advice.

a) we're trying to help you. We WANT to have some fun, we want to gain exp, we know that you don't want whatever mob we're going after to run at you when we die. So please, accept the advice because we're not purposely trying to hurt your healing skills >w>
b) we're telling you about your own skills from another point of view. Don't you care? Don't you want to become a better cleric? We don't mock you and scream at you for no reason. If you can try listening to us, hey, you might just earn a compliment from the next fighter you party!
c) "I'm already too pro lololz" ... new things to be learnt everyday e__e And if we're giving you advice, you're not pro. Lol.

{ enraya ! }
Old 12-11-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
noobies D:
Old 12-11-2008, 08:22 AM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
EnEn needs more meeeee in her Fiesta life <3

But I totally agree about those things when I'm on my mage ~___~ especially in KQs (that's when I usually party random people)
Old 12-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #4
Silent Wizard
Sand Mushroom

In-Game Name: Doylen, Slient_Wizard, Blue_Violet
Current Level: 110/110/110
Server: TEVA
Silent Wizard will become famous soon enough
My top peeves about other than clerics:

two Fighters that run off in different directions and both pull mobs expecting me to support them.

Archers that run in circles to pull a mob so I can't get away from the aggro I pull.

Mages that want to tank everything in sight.

All classes that after I have stood there healing them, getting beat and stoning myself to stay alive while they take down their mob, who then run off to find something else to kill while leaving me to deal with the mob on me alone.

Plp that place themselves on "follow the cleric"

Plp that use rest a lot in partys, never at the same time, so I can rarely go to rest myself. Also using up time on my scrolls.

"we're trying to help you. We WANT to have some fun"

Clerics want to have fun also. Do you think its fun running after other plp to keep them alive while they are making the decisions about what and where to attack? Its actually quite stressful and perhapes you should take your clerics advice.

Last edited by Silent Wizard; 12-11-2008 at 04:18 PM..
Old 12-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
LOL!! I have my personal cleric when i play other class, (or i just solo)... so i havent really ran into too many cleric pet peeve moments..

Oh wait maybe one major MAJOR one...

Clerics that are too slow on their healing

It feels like 50% of the clerics in Robo are laggers or something... they heal you after you're dead kinda slow... sometimes I sit on 20% HP just to see how long it takes a cleric to heal me... often it takes them so long i give up waiting...

And I can totally relate to Silent's post!!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-12-2008, 01:05 AM   #6
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Silent Wizard View Post
My top peeves about other than clerics:

two Fighters that run off in different directions and both pull mobs expecting me to support them.

Archers that run in circles to pull a mob so I can't get away from the aggro I pull.

Mages that want to tank everything in sight.

All classes that after I have stood there healing them, getting beat and stoning myself to stay alive while they take down their mob, who then run off to find something else to kill while leaving me to deal with the mob on me alone.

Plp that place themselves on "follow the cleric"

Plp that use rest a lot in partys, never at the same time, so I can rarely go to rest myself. Also using up time on my scrolls.
I don't mind fighters pulling mobs in different directions but they have to drag the mobs to one single spot where the whole party can kill them off. Plus they have to realise also that they may need to stone/pot occasionally because my heal might fail to keep up with the monstrous dmg. Well, I did it once with 3 fighters. Worked out well. Granted, those three were really good fighters.

I met a few mages that loved tanking. OK, some knew they were squishy so they scrolled up with t3 def, plus my heals, it turned out well. Others, mmm, they tanked with no scrolls or t1 scrolls. You don't need to guess, they died because their health drops much faster than I can heal. I went with this mage to CP1, all of a sudden, she said "imma mob the whole room". Before I could say anything, she already started pulling. Needless to say, she died and I had to run. =.="

For those that leave me fending for myself, I usually say byebye to them soon after. Often I'd ask if they realised I was being hit, if they still didn't try to pay attention the second time, I'd leave and not party them any more afterwards.

Never had your shrooming problems. Plus I use t1 scrolls so it never bothers me if that happens. I just make more. lol

As a fighter, I had problems with clerics trying to be fighters and/or not healing as much as they should. It's the reason why I made a cleric for supportive role only. One downside is that I require a party for killing quests because it takes forever to solo.

Amazingly though, in Golden Hill KQ, there was this cleric who didn't heal his party. We asked "What do you think you have heals for?". He said "To heal myself so I can stay alive". lol...

-------------------------------------------------
Old 12-12-2008, 01:12 AM   #7
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
Server: Epith
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta
hmm..i say
1) Clerics who does not understand the concept of AOE. They don't heal the mage who is aoeing and constantly heals themselves and DD while the mage is spamming stone & pots. These kind of clerics f**k up mage/cleric duo AOE.
2) Clerics who cannot listen to anything and think they are the only center of attention and think they are always right. These kind of clerics also f**k up mage/cleric AOE and everything else.
3) Clerics who tries to be like Fighters but are unable to. F**ks up mage/cleric AOE in the first place. Also, cannot be like fighters, cannot tank, cannot do anything but screw up. This kind of clerics screws up everything, KQs to boss raids, etc..

Thanks Loveless!
Old 12-12-2008, 07:39 AM   #8
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
New gen clerics that want to be DDs in parties...
Clerics in general... I can spam cs pots for a reason....
Boring as heck to play.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:43 AM   #9
zakpat84
Little Hob

In-Game Name: " "
Current Level: around 40+-
zakpat84 is on a distinguished road
wat is aoe? plz don't call me stupid but when u guys post i still feeel some of the words are gibberish like aggro and lag, etc

but i think sometyms clerics are expected to be more than they can manage.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #10
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
AOE = Area of Effect.

It is the skills that attack multiple mobs at once, like Frost NovA and Inferno on mages or Nature's Mist and Multi-shot on archers.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Closed Thread