Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
Senyx The Soulless one
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: CrimsonChaos
Current Level: 67
Server: AP-PO-LEEN
Senyx The Soulless one is an unknown quantity at this point
A Favour.

I decided to fill in a bit of home-made info on stuff that had nothing filled in, Those pages editted include

Orc
Charismatic Mara
Dungeon King Coll
Dungon Trumpies
Flower petal (yellow)
Herb Stem
Helgate King Helga
Karasian Soldier of Abyss
Pixie
Were Bear

And a bit of a comment in (Talk:Potions)

If i did wrong, Just let me know. If i did right, Then also let me know, And i'd be glad to help out with the Wiki ^^
Old 01-15-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
Gandalfa82
Boogy

In-Game Name: Raimund
Server: Teva
Gandalfa82 is on a distinguished road
all in all you did good because you wiped the spam off a few pages We like to see that.

Now for the pages of Flower Petals (yellow), and Herb Stem. Well those pages are going to be going bye bye as soon as we can make the master page for the harvestables.

The Monster pages what you put in is ok, it is more then we had. The Orc page was nice because you gave more details on where the mob can be found at. But if you could put the tag == Detail Information == above your information so people know that it just has more details about the information above it.

Icy might change anything I have said, if so then follow his set of rules. Icy does the Monster Pages for the most part, I focus on the NPC, Zone, and other minor pages like that. Triumph just throws edit slaves at anything that might need fixing. hehe.

It is better to have something of substaince on the page then nothing. Keep that in mind. But I would say don't put in information that is subject to change at any moment. These changes include and not limited too:
*Prices for non-NPC items
*Actions of servers
*Actions regarding Guilds/Groups/Servers
*GM Events
*Fiesta Store (unless on the Fiesta Store page or as a Fiesta Store add in, for examples of this see the Enhancement Stones, or Weapons page)
Old 01-15-2009, 01:30 AM   #3
Senyx The Soulless one
Ice Vivi

Alright, then, But how did that annoying spam end up on there if it did not show up on the Page itself?

And as for the edits, Sorry for not setting it where the detail came in.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:13 AM   #4
Gandalfa82
Boogy

Originally Posted by Senyx The Soulless one View Post
Alright, then, But how did that annoying spam end up on there if it did not show up on the Page itself?

And as for the edits, Sorry for not setting it where the detail came in.
The spam showed up when I viewed the differences between the edit you did and the version before. Not sure why you did not see it.

And for the Details part, how would you have known, this was not an issue till your edits, and I myself liked it, so I made the rule for the == Details ==

BTW, just so you know feel free to play around in the Sandbox when your unsure about code editing. http://www.fiestafan.com/wiki/FiestaWiki:Sandbox

Any code on there can be deleted once you go there. We throw code up to practice it and then just leave it behind for the next person to come and see before they place their own code over it. I think it currently has the NPC List that Icy and Myself were working on a week or two ago.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
The standard setup for a monster page can be found towards the end of the page at Help:editing. For a monster page to be considered to be "of substance", it should contain at least as much as the very bare minimum amount of information.

The structure of a monster page is intended to contain as much data and as little formatting as possible, due to the number of pages there will be. This is so that if anyone isn't happy with the basic page layout I created, they can make changes to the template used and alter every monster page effectively.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 01-15-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
Senyx The Soulless one
Ice Vivi

I see, I see, Well as soon as i have the time, I'll dig up more detailed info on the aforementioned subjects. Startiing from top to bottom. If Dakkon had'nt stopped responding to my messages, i could have gotten it from him >.>
Old 01-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #7
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
We have all the information we need to go into the monster pages, and the details are in Help:Editing. However, there needs to be someone actually placing contents into these pages.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 01-16-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
Gandalfa82
Boogy

Icy, I may do a quick look to see what I can do about speeding the process up a tiny bit.
Closed Thread