Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
NewHeal
Imp

In-Game Name: NewHeal
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
NewHeal is on a distinguished road
Mobbing?

Hello Fellow FF's,

I think I understand the whole idea behing mobbing....or do I? Ocasionally I'll party up with someone and there like 'you stay here and I'll mob'.....well, I'm a cleric and I understand that my healing powers are valuable especiallly to someone who is surrounded by 25 imps, ogres, bats, Koll...etc....

I also see all of the items drops faal around me when all of the beasts are killed...nice. But i've seen solo players mob like crazy and they say that it's the way they prefer to play. I understand if your an Archer and you can use a generalized attack doing ddmage to multiple monsters...but as a cleric...and I'm not sure about the other char's....I can only do damage to one ata time. How would mobbing do any good?

It seems to me that bringing a mob to you would just do more damage than good seeings as there all taking turns conking you on the head with there disfigured appendages....So,

...........the true benifits of mobbing? Please shed some more on this topic..

Thanx!
Old 10-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
It's a pretty class-specific thing. Are you asking only about how each class on a solo basis?
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Ya a cleric would not be good to mob on their own. Unless you got an attack that can damage multiple monsters at one time it will be like you stated you'd just be taking more damage.

Clerics can never really mob. Archers can start mobbing along with mages at lv 20 when they get their weak aoe (Archers Multi Shot and Mages Magic Burst). Fighters can start mobbing at lv 43 when they get Devastate. And Archers start really mobbing at lv 51 when they get Natures Mist. Mages can really start mobbing when they hit lv 60 and get Frost Nova.

The benefits of solo mobbing really come into light later in game when you have enough defense to pull large amounts of mobs.

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Zwivix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #4
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
If you're just killing things for exp, then mobbing for a cleric soloing isn't really beneficial, since you'll have to kill one at a time anyway...

The only time I 'mobbed' as a cleric, was when I was doing - let say - an Orc quest... and I go in a kill a pinky that's in the way, then someone else decides to come and take the orc behind the pinky...

so what i do is I 'mob' the lot, pinky + orcs.. then they're all "mine" and then I kill them one by one....

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:22 AM   #5
NewHeal
Imp

In-Game Name: NewHeal
Current Level: 6x
NewHeal is on a distinguished road
ok...so, really then it doesnt matter if you mob or not, if your a cleric. Mobbing is only beneficial if you can do multiple attacks.

I think I understand now! Thanx!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:52 AM   #6
arman5656
Phino

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Kopu,Aruf,Halwa,Zica
Current Level: 4X, 2X , 2X , 2X
arman5656 is on a distinguished road
yeah, clerics can not mob,CLERICS NEED AoE

Also playing BATTLEFIELD HEROES! & TF2

GO ROYALS GO

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
arman5656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:58 AM   #7
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
If you want to AoE, pick another damned class.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:34 AM   #8
Helion

Tournaments Won: 35

Honestly, mobbing as a cleric is sometimes the only way you can solo since you can't draw single monsters from a distance. It's fun to do when you get bored to just draw in a big group and just pound the snot out of them. Also, when you get to the L60 class change quest, mobbing is a skill you need to have for part 3 of the quest.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:55 AM   #9
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I guess in a way it saves u walking time LOL

Run in, pull, run in, pull, run in, pull... can be time consuming...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:24 AM   #10
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Yami will become famous soon enough
Well it is quite hard to pull a single mob as a cleric as Helion said. Other then that... mobbing for a cleric isn't really benificial.