Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:36 AM   #101
Aery
Slime

Aery is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
Why not? Just because it hasn't been proven that being gay or not is genetically based, doesn't mean it isn't a possibility.

I reckon that whether an individual is gay or not may be based on either genetics or lifestyle influences. Things like this can be caused by a bit of both.
What you stated is true, however, there is still a possibility that one's sexual orientation can be influences by one's lifestyle and surrounding. I for once, have absolutely nothing against same-sex marriage, however, taking to consideration, the age range of those who participated in MMOs can be from as young as 12 years old. Psychologically speaking, at such age, the individual is still in the stage of "Identity vs Role confusion" (Erikson's theory). As sad as it might be, it's understandable as to why they wouldn't allow such things.

Perhaps, the first step would be allowing same-sex marriage in ALL states, instead of just a few. Maybe then, homosexual wouldn't be considered as deviance.

And I myself, wish this feature would be implemented also xD
Old 12-17-2007, 03:28 AM   #102
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
Why not? Just because it hasn't been proven that being gay or not is genetically based, doesn't mean it isn't a possibility.

I reckon that whether an individual is gay or not may be based on either genetics or lifestyle influences. Things like this can be caused by a bit of both.
I'm pretty damn certain that there's no such thing as a gay, lesbian, etc. gene. It isn't genetics. What happens in your life will affect your sexuality. I could keep going on and on about this but i'd rather not. We've totally derailed this thread.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:37 AM   #103
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
.___.
Well, I don't think we should rule out the possibility of a gene related to homosexuality.
After all, didn't they find a gene related to criminals?

{ enraya ! }
Closed Thread