Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 04:24 AM   #1
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Why game addict = no life?

Just a random idea struck me...

we've heard a lot about ppl calling each other that they have no life when one thinks the other is better than them in a game...
often a string of "you should go get a job, frd, gf, bf, out" follows...
I admit that i've labelled some pro as "no life" as well coz they seem to be playing 24/7

but... why??

just because they spend all their time playing something they enjoy.. why does that make them "no life"? what is life? isnt life about how to live it so u're happy? if they're happy gaming... why not?

gaming too much probably cause them health issues such as lack of vitamin D... but you dont called obesed ppl "no life" (or do u? XD)

wat's wrong with someone doing wat they like and enjoy?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-11-2007, 04:28 AM   #2
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
They do have lives, and they're spending it doing what they enjoy. Leave the poor guys alone.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:29 AM   #3
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
oh hello dyna long time no see.. did u realise that i was talking about u? sry we'll leave u alone now after this post... =X keke jkjk

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-11-2007, 04:31 AM   #4
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
>.> Haven't gamed in a while lol. You got a bad habit off your sister of picking on me.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:39 AM   #5
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
Server: Teva
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
Well I think people who grind 24 hours a day for several days straight are kind of.. >_> yeah. I mean if they like it, then fine, if they don't have anything else to do that's their thing. However, when they act like everybody else who isn't like them are nubs, then they suck. XD I enjoy gaming, but morely the people. I could spend hours online just goofing off in game with people, but grinding is a differentt hing. x.x

That's just my opinion though, I Do think people who grind and nothing else need more tot heir lives >_>

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 10-11-2007, 04:39 AM   #6
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

i'm sorry.. its just that i hvnt seen u for too long... haha i added the jkjk there on purpose ><

i found my new frd to pick on anyway.. secbro... XD i shall try refrain from picking on u from now on.. (noticed i said TRY)

yeah i know playing 24/7 is wrong.. socially, mentally and probably emotionally and physically too.. but for a weird moment there i thought.. but they're just making themselves happy~

but yeah i guess life is also about exposure...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-11-2007, 04:44 AM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Everyone has a life. Some do things productive and beneficial later on in life. Some do what they like.

I just dislike it when people are hyprocrites in the game.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:56 AM   #8
Enrei
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Enrei
Current Level: 3x
Enrei is on a distinguished road
Well, people that game for too long is sort of weird though it makes them happy. But you shouldn't let a game take over your life and let your body suffer because of it. Games were made to entertain people in short doses, rather than play 24/7.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:02 AM   #9
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
>.> Haven't gamed in a while lol. You got a bad habit off your sister of picking on me.
Liiiiiiiiiesssss. -coughdotacough-

I remember in high school I get teased for playing online games a lot (I only knew one friend who would play online games with me, but she's into PC games rather than online games). Anyway, those people who tease me about playing games too much just annoys the hell out of me. I've said this before and I'll say it again to anyone who thinks playing games means that you have no life:

The amount of time I spend in front of my computer is the amount of time you spend in front of the television. GET OUT OF MY FACE PLEASE.

Well, no, I wasn't that rude to them, I'd usually just laugh if off. But seriously, games are just a form of entertainment. People sit in front of their tele all day, they don't move around much either, unless they have a habit of running around the house carrying the teevee with them. >_>" Just because their too stupid to operate a computer doesn't mean those who can doesn't have a life.

And c'mon, doing too much of one thing is never good for you. Everyone knows that!
Old 10-11-2007, 05:04 AM   #10
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Tournaments Won: 1

Zotius is on a distinguished road
Well my two cents are what some of you have said, which is we have lives but we just spend most of it gaming. Like for me, my end-of-year hols are plain gaming. Except for my trainings that is but then again, my trainings are only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays I'm pretty much playing an MMO, reading a forum, or talking to friends on msn from 7am - 10/11pm/12/1/2/3am.

So yea bottom line: We have lives but we just spend most of it gaming.

Edit: Yea I've been called no-life and have called other people no-life. Maybe it's just an excuse that you're not as good as them in that aspect...
Closed Thread