Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #21
rcepro
Slime

Current Level: Numerous
Server: ALL
rcepro is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rcepro
Dont Throw Stones.

this release was packaged with armadillo custom 4.4 which causes a few lesser anti viruses to have false positives. truth is a lot of anti viruses are poorly coded. did you stop to think for a minute why every single one of those anti virus scanners that reported something, reported differently from the next? that would be because, the anti virus doesn't know what the hell the program does. I'm sure they probably don't see a lot of executables that run and inject code into other executables that often for legitimate purposes, but thats how xtrap killer works. it injects code into fiesta when running and that is what causes the real xtrap not to run.

if you don't want the fix don't use it. but you shouldn't accuse it of being malware. if you knew anything about PE packagers you would already know this. I'm sorry that a few ignorant people can ruin it for others.

Team RCEPro writes fixes not malware.

if you want assurance, go back to one of those mass scanning websites you used to mass scan and read the part up top where it says packer.

what does it say? ARMADILLO go figure.
maybe you should do a google search on false postives due to executable packers?

false positive GG.

Last edited by rcepro; 03-28-2008 at 09:29 AM..
Old 03-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #22
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Virus or not, you are not allowed send mass spam member's pm boxes.

Originally Posted by Keetos
Do not spam people’s topics or their PM box (Mountain of Spam is only exception)
- Spam includes advertisements, content deemed inappropriate or illegal, and flooding of the boards
- Spam stands for Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages, so do not post topics that fall under the categories of: stupid, pointless, or annoying.
http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/anno...nt.php?f=6&a=1

Plus, we do not promote file modding of any type to Fiesta on FiestaFan, and that includes disabling X-Trap.

Do not do it again.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:41 AM   #23
iDerrick
Symphony

Tournaments Won: 2

iDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant future
Bring out the steak and A1 Blahs!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #24
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
I still wouldnt trust it, firstly, a reputable(?) company would post a link to their website. Secondly, there are some typos, grammar, and punctuation errors, which shows me that whatever company this is, its definately NOT a professional one. Thirdly, do a google search for "RCEPro", and you will not find any official webpage. You will, however, find some junk, among which is something written in a foreign language and with caps.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:09 PM   #25
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

In-Game Name: Ramesiel
Current Level: 55
Server: Teva
tehfusion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to tehfusion Send a message via AIM to tehfusion Send a message via MSN to tehfusion Send a message via Yahoo to tehfusion Send a message via Skype™ to tehfusion
Originally Posted by rcepro View Post
<long retarded rant here>
I'm not stupid, as you apparently are - did you read my first post? I was accusing nothing, I specifically said that it may or may not work. I was merely warning that it detects a virus, which it indeed does.

Having said that, I still think it probably is. For the reasons NotMyName gave.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #26
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
*NotMyWay
Old 03-28-2008, 03:04 PM   #27
rcepro
Slime

Current Level: Numerous
Server: ALL
rcepro is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rcepro
Professionalism
thats because RCEPro isn't a corporation and I'm not perpetrating like we are one its a group of crackers and coders. the underground scene who bring you cracks for games, and fixes. That is why we have no website. nor does any real cracker group. its to protect the safety of the members. because releases can violate terms of service and often do.

you people are far too self righteous so i give up. cant even help you close minded people. which was my original intent

once again tehfusion, you are too stupid/immature to even comprehend?
just because i virus scanner goes of it doesn't mean i file is in fact a virus
the only shoddy virus scanners that say anything, said all different things.
they simply cant understand the nature of a program, which granted on an asm level may look malicious due to the fact that it injects code into another executable's memory space, not something a lot of programs do.
so due to the fact that the a/v doesn't understand, it just goes. oh this must be some kind of generic trojan or something! doh!

it was an attempt to help free fiesta players who were stuck unable to play fiesta due to xtrap, but once again ignorance wins.

have it your way. keep x-crap.
ill still have the fix for anyone who needs it, but wont try to offer it to people. if you need the fix please be mature and don't presume to tell me what i am doing!
Old 03-28-2008, 03:37 PM   #28
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
rcepro, the point is not whether or not you're helping people, it's the lengths that you went to do so. You spammed people's inbox without knowing whether or not they wanted it, which goes against the rule that Blaaaaah's posted. *cough*

Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and lock this thread because this issue is already solved. PM a mod or make a thread in the Talk With Mods section if you recieve any more PMs from rcepro.