Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 02:39 AM   #1
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Cash Shop annoyance

I normally do not rage at/towards Outspark. Because I know a lot of what they do within the game is controlled by outside sources.

However, they constantly tell us that they can and do have control over the cash shop. Therefore, I am really getting annoyed with Outspark.

They are treating Remi's as their freakin' gold-maker. If you want any of the cool new stuff - Sorry, you have to gamble with your money to get it.

I do not f'ing think so. You want my money Outspark, then do not make me gamble to get the cool new stuff. I work hard for my money and with the economy the way it is, trust me! I can find a better way to spend my damn money.

Put the damn new stuff in the actual shop - do not make people gamble to get it. Give us the option of buying it for "oh lets just say 3500Sparkcash or taking a chance and being able to grab a 3500SC outfit for Only 1500Sc". But please do not make it the only way to get your crap.

Seriously.

I am getting so fed up with that. I realize that the cash shop is one of their main sources of income/profit. But, it is to the point that I will not put anymore money on my account. I will use what is on there and I am done with it, unless they quit this stupid shit.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 03-11-2009, 02:45 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Main source of income? Won't it be their ONLY source of income?

I thought their Remi's stuff appears in the cash shop after a little while... (like the nerd glasses and puppy ears)

but.. i dont like it that they put stupid stuff in Remi's too... 1500 for 10 fireworks? 1500 for some 30% extenders? (it doesn't even say how many there are.. i hope it was a stack of 10...)

i know you can get iron case and stuff but.. yeah its obviously rarer..

But yeah i've cut down on my spending coz... its no longer worth it...

I wonder if they're getting MORE and MORE nasty coz people are spending less... (like we only buy wat we need, and no one no longer buy 12 sets so it last them a year)

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 03-11-2009, 02:50 AM   #3
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
They have other sources of funding. It is more legal stuff though. But, the cash shop is not their only source of funding.

But yeah, I used to buy multiple sets of outfits. But, now I only buy 1 and that is only if I really like it. It is simply not worth it anymore. And I definitely do not want to take a chance with my money in Remi's.

I could understand and accept it, if they put new items in both places. But, making stuff exclusively Remi's only, it just a bad business decision. Yes, there are some that will go spend all of their daddy's money spinning away at Remi's. But, those are also the players that are only around for a few months then they are off to the next hottest MMO game.

Outspark needs to also cater to their long-term, real players.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 03-11-2009, 02:55 AM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Heh, I'm with you there.

I've only played Remi's once or twice... maybe three. But that's about it... it's 'cheaper' to just get something from the actual Cash Shop.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:42 AM   #5
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Do keep in mind that Outspark teams have one of the more aggressive CEO's out there. I think she wanted to charging usage fees for some Yahoo! games, and that it got shot down quickly.

It is perfectly legal for them to weight the yield toward lower value items. They put the higher value items in there as an enticement, but you have to gamble extensively to get them.

There has been a reduction of players in Fiesta, I think. The refusal by Outspark to adopt what KFiesta, JPFiesta, and CNFiesta have long adopted has long hurt them in the long run. If you really want to take an example, look at Ether Saga and Perfect World, run by a Chinese company. Basically every item is permanent there. Granted, the mounts are around $15, and maximum storage expansion will cost about $180, but they are permanent. Mounts do not need rations either.

It's funny though. Sucky economy and they bump prices up?
Old 03-11-2009, 04:07 AM   #6
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Man I feel what everybody is saying on this topic. I have cut my spending down as well. The outfits need more bonus stats besides critical, and some of the outfits are so fugly that I wouldn't dare strut around Uruga with them on. I tired Remi's Rare Finds once, hated it, and now I just wait for the items to become available.

A lot of the permanent items suck to me too. Outside of marriage stat boost and the backpack inventory expansion and mounts, nothing to me and worth the cash in the long run. And the mounts suck too, because you have to buy food with real money and they are nowhere to be found in the actual game. So if you use your mount too much, you may have to keep cash in your account to compensate, so I use my special mount when I have to reach someone dying or getting their ass kicked in a major way, or running from something I have no business trying to fight.

As far as my normal cash spending, I realized that the 20% difference in 30/50% extenders was not that great, so I only buy the 30% and use them when needed. The DEF charm, is okay, but it doesn't really make a big difference on a mage like myself, so I just +9 my gear. Nothing else in the shop really grabs me, except the enhancement stones when I need them. I used to buy the packs, but some of the items really don't help too much and they don't last that long. Every now and then I buy a BoT and a 50% EXP Boost card when I can afford it. The shop items suck overall, so I only buy the helpful items, which come relatively cheap.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 03-11-2009, 04:14 AM   #7
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah enhancement are SOOOOOOO expensive now... (well it's always been expensive) not to mention i think gold nines are a rip off...

Remis use to be alright, I played several times on it, i got a heap of tux/dress (which was the same price as remis game) then i got some mounts and jap pack...

but the last time i played i got some 7 days stat-less costume and 10 fireworks (i'm still fed up with that) and i was thinking... wth did i just spend my money on!

I think that its OK for them to put some unique items in Remis to make it mroe attractive (the flying horse was always a remi's reward), but to put more junk in there... gets me annoyed...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 03-11-2009, 04:20 AM   #8
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
They should have things that are worth the 1500 no matter what... +/- maybe 200 SC.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:25 AM   #9
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Yeah enhancement are SOOOOOOO expensive now... (well it's always been expensive) not to mention i think gold nines are a rip off...

Remis use to be alright, I played several times on it, i got a heap of tux/dress (which was the same price as remis game) then i got some mounts and jap pack...

but the last time i played i got some 7 days stat-less costume and 10 fireworks (i'm still fed up with that) and i was thinking... wth did i just spend my money on!

I think that its OK for them to put some unique items in Remis to make it mroe attractive (the flying horse was always a remi's reward), but to put more junk in there... gets me annoyed...
Gold Nines ARE a ripoff....For that kind of spending it should be at least 50% not 15%....I just use blessed stones in the place of it. In the rare case that I do need extra criticals, I buy a tux. My favorite was the nightmare outfit, but to me I did about the same damage minus the extra spending.

IDK, to me it's so crappy in there that I just buy things that actually help me versus looking pretty, because it costs too much! I also think they should make alternate items for male and females, because I laugh at every male player I see with those gay ass butterfly wings....Can we get a cape or a hoodie OutSpark?!

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 03-11-2009, 04:58 AM   #10
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Yeah Remi's Rare Finds annoys me. I've done it once.

I've really wanted an Alice in Wonderland costume since I saw it on a Japanese site, and then once they release it... it's only available via Remi's Rare Finds <.<
Closed Thread