Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 02:27 AM   #1
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
BK Axes

Do not mean to sound like a noob, but can someone please explain the hype over them?

I realize the damage is good, but they are all statless. Would it be better to work with a lvl 80 Axe with stats vs. a BK Axe without stats?

What do you guys think/have to say about them?

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 01-12-2009, 02:50 AM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
They also have higher aim... and would be ideal in places like BR and beyond where the mobs have higher evasion. I would suppose that if you find a godly 80 axe (high STR/DEX) then it would be almost as good as a BK axe... not quite sure.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:20 AM   #3
Miriamele
Boar

In-Game Name: Miriamele, Mooncalf
Current Level: 86, 5x
Server: Epith
Miriamele is on a distinguished road
BK axe:
Dmg: 822-1140
Aim: 500
Crit rate: 7%
Atk rate: 1.5s

NPC lv 80 axe:
Dmg: 613-850
Aim: 272
Crit rate: 5%
Atk rate: 1.5s

Green lv 80 axe, your mileage may vary.

So the BK axe has almost twice the aim of the NPC axe, higher crit rate, and higher dmg. Good for pvp and high-evade mobs.

I suppose it depends on what you look for in your equips. BK's worth it if you're a DD or you are willing to sacrifice an axe with stats. Str and dex ultimately work toward dmg and aim, so I think it would be fine to pick a BK over an axe with those stats. It might be possible that, say a str +40 axe could come close to matching the dmg of a BK, but I'm pretty sure the amount of dex needed to match the BK's aim exceeds +40. Not to mention the increased crit rate...

The only other reason that might be possible for not choosing a BK is if you absolutely insist that your axe have end or spr. But I'm an end junkie and I've already decided to use BK over a high-end 80 axe, just because the good things about it outweigh the fact that it has no stats. So I personally think BK is better.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:03 AM   #4
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
I'm pretty sure 1 DEX = 1 point in aim.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
ZeroZone
Phinofly

In-Game Name: ZeroZone
Current Level: 89
Server: Teva
ZeroZone is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ZeroZone
It covers for Fighter Aim weakness.... And give them more damage to throw around also..... but the main part is... it covers fighters weakness making archers even more useless in pvp cuz they cant dodge Axe fighters no more
Old 01-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
Shiirn
Boar

In-Game Name: Typewritten - Uber Fail Archer of Doom
Current Level: ∞
Server: Bijou
Shiirn is on a distinguished road
BK axes give an insane amount of damage compared to a regular axe. +9, the bk axe can deal up to 400-500 more dmg (in character stats) then a lv 80 +9 axe.

If you're using an axe, you want damage. If you want stats, carry around a lv 80 1h/shield combo with the stats you want.

BK axe. 80 1h/shield. That's the way to go.

Bijou
Lvl 89 Fighter == Arun
Lvl 87 Archer == Typewritten
Lvl 75 Mage == Rewrite
Lvl 66 Paladin == Shiirn
Goal:Get 1 gem before cap raise.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
Sir_Jacob
Honeying

In-Game Name: Sir_Jacob
Current Level: 7x
Server: Epith
Sir_Jacob is on a distinguished road
as stated above, BK kicks some major *** with its high dmg, aim, and crit rate. If you use sc (and most people do by that lvl) the extras to those stats make you even more godly than normal. +9 on Bk axe is like 800-900 (i forget) and the lvl 80 axe is about 1-200 less than that. It really does make a difference in the long run.

But, you must remember that they will be raising the capp soon, so once that happens, it is possible that they make lvl 85 axes w/ stats, but I could be wrong. Either way, BK obviously has its advantages and if you are wanting stats such as end or spr, than u would probably be more likely to be using a 1h and shield.

THat is all.

When all else Fails, try try again, and if that still doesn't work....you got issues man.

http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4360&dateline=1234188  620

Epith-
Sir_Jacob 7x Fighter
EMSman 5x Cleric
Princess_Wolf 5x Mage (Sister's)
Gilgaeth 4x Archer
Old 02-10-2009, 06:09 AM   #8
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
BK Axes completely wreck anything for the wielder even if the 80 axe is maxed out in all stats it would still be the suprior weapon by far. IMO the only other BK weapon that can give the user similar advantage = BK wand, which shreds axe fighters (esp. none-sc users). Anything else is no match up to this point (until hellgait).
Closed Thread