Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
Andromeda
Spider Pig

Spider KQ...

So today Drama Llama paid our guild a visit in the form of a guild war.

The reason why we got guild warred was...

Because I ran Great Spider.

This is how the story unfolded.

I joined a Spider KQ expecting a nice clean KQ. Sure enough up to the Grave Robbers everything was fine but when someone asked should we run or kill it One party said they wanted to kill it but my party wanted to run it so neither of us could come to an agreement. About 1 minute before Great Spider spawned it was clear half of the KQ wanted to kill it while the other half wanted to run it. So when its 50/50 how do you decide what to do. Do the same as you would in a PvE area? First party that aggros the Great Spider is entitled to decide?

Because as soon as Great Spider spawned I had aggro on it so it was pretty much a runner after that but the party who wanted to kill it then started insulting me in whispers (At this point I started blocking them) and tried to attack and kick and mock Great Spider off me but failed to do so and I ran it until the timer ran out while there were babies we had to deal with because they were persistant in attacking it to kill it.

But thats only half of the story

After the KQ the party I was with agreed to do KQ again so we remained in party until the next KQ began and sure enough the exact same party from all the same guild that wanted to kill it were in the KQ as well. About half way through the KQ I get a Red Message saying their guild declared war on us at the time the Grave Robbers spawned. (At this point I wasn't aware that you couldnt be attacked in KQ by another guild so I left my guild for the duration of the KQ when the timer was at about 10 minutes to go Kudos to Blaaahs for giving me this Idea though)

I could see that were getting desperate to kill Great Spider because they camped at its spawn point to prevent me from aggroing it so at that point I said to myself if they really want it that bad they can have it and they were first to aggro it so I let them have Great Spider but they did failed to kill it so it became a runner from the Minis and Great Spider until KQ was over.

After the 2nd KQ was over I rejoined my guild again and I explained to my guild why they are warring us. During the 2nd KQ after I left the guild I was unaware that other people from their guild started ganging up on my guild master and killed her then a fighter in their guild killed an AFK vendor guild mate of mine in Uruga. So this got our Guild Master infuriated a bit because they had an unfair advantage in score or rather in a guild war that never should have happened in the first place. So we started hunting them down we checked Sand Hill, Roumen, Elderine and Uruga sure enough we couldnt find any of them because they began hiding from us because they were aware I and my guild master would come back in force. We eventually found them hiding on top of a hill in Forest of Mist. They fled their because they didnt want us killing them since you can't attack in Forest of Mist because had that score remained as it was they would've have won the guild war.

So after we found them we started talking and explained everything and eventually the person who warred us found it pointless to war us in the first place because of the unfair score they had on us because a fighter was shop killing. My Guild Master may have also explained that I was entitled to run Great Spider in the first KQ because I had aggro on it first also. The person who warred us eventually agreed to end this so she went back into Elderine and she let us kill her so we would win the guild war that never should have happened in the first place.

So would you come to the same conclusion I did that this guild war was pointless?

Was I fair in Spider KQ I had Aggro first on Great Spider in the first Spider KQ so I ran it. Then they had it in the 2nd KQ so I let them have it.

Thoughts please would be much appreciated as I will be thinking about this probably for the next 2-3 days.

Last edited by Andromeda; 01-05-2009 at 11:52 AM..
Old 01-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
WOW.
Yeah, haha, that seemed like unnecessary drama... a war from whether to run GS or not e_e You were 100% fair; you got to run in the first KQ, they got GS in the second KQ but failed to kill it. It's kind of strange how they warred your guild over such a small thing - I would just go with the flow and try to get quest mobs a different time. From the other party's pov, it probably was a bit annoying for them to find that the exact same party that opposed them in the last KQ was in this KQ, but warring was kind of overreaction haha.

I find it pretty cool that you guys reached an agreement at the end instead of fighting it out. You don't get a lot of people like that these days. The person who warred you guys was nice enough to let you guys kill her, and that's not something you see with every guild xD When I got to the tracking part I thought it would become a full-on war but it turned out to be explaining o:

{ enraya ! }
Old 01-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #3
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Guild war unecessary - Definitely. By the way, you can now get heal from non-guild people (at least in a KQ as far as I've tested) even when you're in a guild war. I was in KKP when a tank said "damn war" but I kept healing him! So you probably didn't have to leave the guild XD

Running Spider - Usually if half the group wants to do it.. I just let them have it.. (if they're THAT desperate for it) without the other half of the KQ, they're not gonna get it for sure.

Yes, they'll spawn babies everywhere, I usually just huddle my party and we kill babies for exp, while they go hectic with killing GS. Without this half of the KQ's help, they wont get to kill it, which also acts as a "i win" scenario IMO.

Though, if they want it then they've gotta be responsible for tanking GS. There was once that we didn't want to kill GS, and somehow the GS ended up on my bf with a million other babies... he ran coz he was still relatively low level... and people cussed him out after KQ....

Some people can get so stupid and annoying over a quest kill. (Same with those greenky idiots but thats another story XD)

But yeah.. same with Enraya, surprised they agreed it was wrong. Lets hope he truely meant it.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 01-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
-facepalm-

Then again, people have enganged in guild wars for lesser reasons. Just like Hessah said, killing GS is a group effort. If one half isn't up for killing it then you sure as heck be a damn good tank in keeping every little baby in check. Not to mention have enough fire power to kill it off before the time runs out.

It's not about the quest kill, it's about succeeding the KQ as a whole. If I saw that there wasn't enough time to kill GS or that we didn't have enough firepower or a good tank I'll run it. And if the other half wants to kill it then they will either have to do with the GS running behind me or be better than me at keeping aggro. I think your judgement was right. The GW, a waste of everyone's time.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:25 AM   #5
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Well, atleast that guild leader was mature enough to understand, and ceded the point. It could have been worse.

Also, can you be attacked by the enemy guild when you're in the KQ?

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Closed Thread