Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #1
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Bogus Guild War Respawn Killing

This is the 1st time I've seen this, but I watched it with my eyes before I stepped in and killed off a few chicken-hearted players:

Step 1: A guild starts a war with another guild that have players online, but the players are in an AFK status (buying/selling).

Step 2: The initiating guild waits for the war to start, and then that said guild begins to attack all the players of the opposing guild in AFK status repeatedly, racking up kill points and what not, because the players are AFK and not there to retaliate.

Step 3: The initiating guild wins the war by a landslide, because the opposing guild was never aware of what was going on (they were AFK). Players eventually return to their shops to find themselves standing there with no items sold and half of their HP....

Step 4: Rinse and repeat with a another AFK guild.

I discovered this by mistake. I was the only guild member online actually doing something, and my guild mates were AFK selling items. I noticed a war invitation was sent, but I don't know who accepted it, so I'm thinking that a war starts after a predetermined amount of time by default. Anyway, my guild mates were all selling items in Elderine, so I went to check out the battles (but not before turning in some quest rewards).

To my surprise, players were attacking AFK shop owners for guild status and kill points, and a opposing player tried to attack me as well. He retreated when I started to attack back, as he realized I was ACTUALLY online and not AFK. I tried to fight off as many as I could, but they had already spawned killed my guild mates too many times and won the guild war by default. I also noticed that players surrounding my friends in Elderine were also warred and killed in the same fashion, as there was about 5 other players from 3 different guilds standing around, motionless. I've never seen that many players standing around, side by side, from different guilds, doing nothing. They were warred while AFK!

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 12-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Low... very low... they must be so noob that they need to kill shrooms that doesn't fight back.

Guild wars starts as soon as one of the guilds declare. There's no "accept" or "reject" option.

I guess once your guildies got killed, they lost their shop, so no matter how many more times they spawn kill them, it wouldn't make too much difference.

If this continues too often, your guildies may need to quit the guild while vending and join again when they're active. (That's what we had to do when we got warred almost every night.)

But yeah, losers are on the loose... it's ashame there's not much we can do about other people's stupidity.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-21-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
Miriamele
Boar

In-Game Name: Miriamele, Mooncalf
Current Level: 86, 5x
Server: Epith
Miriamele is on a distinguished road
I don't think you get kill points for guild wars. I was just in one not so long ago and I killed a bit... but didn't get any kill points for anybody I killed.

If you have active-enough admins and your guildies agree beforehand, you can give them the option of being booted from the guild before the war starts when they're afk vending, and then rejoining whenever they get on next. It is kind of an ordeal though. Attacking afk vending people is about as low as it gets though.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:15 PM   #4
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Originally Posted by Miriamele View Post
I don't think you get kill points for guild wars. I was just in one not so long ago and I killed a bit... but didn't get any kill points for anybody I killed.

If you have active-enough admins and your guildies agree beforehand, you can give them the option of being booted from the guild before the war starts when they're afk vending, and then rejoining whenever they get on next. It is kind of an ordeal though. Attacking afk vending people is about as low as it gets though.
Ok I understand now. Man that means that this was pretty much pointless.

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Low... very low... they must be so noob that they need to kill shrooms that doesn't fight back.

Guild wars starts as soon as one of the guilds declare. There's no "accept" or "reject" option.

I guess once your guildies got killed, they lost their shop, so no matter how many more times they spawn kill them, it wouldn't make too much difference.

If this continues too often, your guildies may need to quit the guild while vending and join again when they're active. (That's what we had to do when we got warred almost every night.)

But yeah, losers are on the loose... it's ashame there's not much we can do about other people's stupidity.
Yeah we talked about in the guild, and it seems that some players had beef with some of my guild mates....

Last edited by Spirit; 12-22-2008 at 03:15 AM.. Reason: no doube-posting. :)
Old 12-21-2008, 10:35 PM   #5
Diydiva81
Little Hob

In-Game Name: Chiaroscuro
Current Level: 53
Server: Bijou
Diydiva81 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by EdwardWarlock View Post
Yeah we talked about in the guild, and it seems that some players had beef with some of my guild mates....
From the guild wars I've seen, it usually has to do with ks-ing. Someone thinking someone else is or accusing someone else of it.

Others from warring guilds have told me this. I also had one declared on my guild by two different guilds after I yelled at one (who was guild master) who accused me of ks-ing. And I was the only one online at the time.

Goes to show how imature some people are.

Last edited by Diydiva81; 12-21-2008 at 10:37 PM..
Old 12-21-2008, 10:41 PM   #6
FatalLace
Kebing

In-Game Name: FatalLace/WinterLace/Faytal
Current Level: Enchanter [89] / Warrior [70] / Scout [80]
Server: Bijoffline
FatalLace is on a distinguished road
oh... just another ordinary day in fabulous bijou~

(i know u're in apoline, but this happens quite often in the bij)

FatalLace - 89 Enchanter
Faytal - 80 Scout
WinterLace - 70 Warrior
FatylLace - 60 Paladin

Calling Bijou "Home" since 11/07
Old 12-21-2008, 10:44 PM   #7
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Originally Posted by FatalLace View Post
oh... just another ordinary day in fabulous bijou~

(i know u're in apoline, but this happens quite often in the bij)
Wow, if it is that commonplace, I don't even want to be a part of it.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:46 PM   #8
Miriamele
Boar

In-Game Name: Miriamele, Mooncalf
Current Level: 86, 5x
Server: Epith
Miriamele is on a distinguished road
The excuses are usually:

a) KSing
b) PKing
c) Afk killing (ironically)

It doesn't even have to be justified completely. Some people just want an excuse to war so that they can vent or go around killing people, even though the way they do it is totally lame. I don't mind a good, honest guild war every once in a while but killing people who don't even present a challenge is just dumb.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:47 PM   #9
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Originally Posted by Diydiva81 View Post
From the guild wars I've seen, it usually has to do with ks-ing. Someone thinking someone else is or accusing someone else of it.

Others from warring guilds have told me this. I also had one declared on my guild by two different guilds after I yelled at one (who was guild master) who accused me of ks-ing. And I was the only one online at the time.

Goes to show how imature some people are.
This really breaks up the whole flow of the game system in Fiesta. I don't war much, but I also found out that you can't get rezzed or gain additional buffs in a warring status. That sucks for guild members who are out questing or have nothing to do with a war, but are doing something else and come under attack or get ambushed.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:04 AM   #10
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Server: Teva
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Had that happen to me too...its always some low level guild who cant kill anyone who isnt AFK. Outspark really needs to add a way to accept or decline a GW...Do the other versions have a feature like that?

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Closed Thread