Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Cats and Mice

A cat died and went to Heaven. God met her at the gates and said, 'You have been a good cat all these years. Anything you want is yours for the asking.'

The cat thought for a minute and then said, 'All my life I lived on a farm and slept on hard wooden floors. I would like a real fluffy pillow to sleep on.'

God said, 'Say no more.' Instantly the cat had a huge fluffy pillow.

A few days later, six mice were killed in an accident and they all went to Heaven together. God met the mice at the gates with the same offer that He made to the cat.

The mice said, 'Well, we have had to run all of our lives: from cats, dogs, and even
people with brooms! If we could just have some little roller skates, we would not have to run again.'

God answered, 'It is done.' All the mice had beautiful little roller skates.

About a week later, God decided to check on the cat. He found her sound asleep on her fluffy pillow. God gently awakened the cat and asked, 'Is everything okay? How have you been doing? Are you happy?'

The cat replied, 'Oh, it is WONDERFUL. I have never been so happy in my life. The pillow is so fluffy, and those little Meals on Wheels you have been sending over are delicious!'

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 04-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
Aidan
Bored Imp

Aidan is on a distinguished road
Lol'd a little inside
Old 04-14-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
Manzcar
WHOOOOOOOOOOS THEEEEEERE!

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: Same as above
Current Level: Manzcar sndy| Elijaz 2x
Manzcar has disabled reputation

LOKI Thanks!!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
Lirange
Bad Kid

Heres a better cat and mouse story

Long long time ago, Got told the animals, 'Tomorrow I'll invite you to my banquet. You must not be late.' After hearing the news, the rat, who likes practical jokes... told it's neighbor, the cat, that the banguet was the day after tomorrow. On that day, the rat rode on the ox, and jumped off into get to the banquet first. The ox followed, then the tiger and everyone else. The celebration lasted until the next morning. Except for the decieved cat..
Old 04-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #5
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
Originally Posted by Lirange View Post
Heres a better cat and mouse story

Long long time ago, Got told the animals, 'Tomorrow I'll invite you to my banquet. You must not be late.' After hearing the news, the rat, who likes practical jokes... told it's neighbor, the cat, that the banguet was the day after tomorrow. On that day, the rat rode on the ox, and jumped off into get to the banquet first. The ox followed, then the tiger and everyone else. The celebration lasted until the next morning. Except for the decieved cat..
I just....dungeddit...
Old 04-14-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
Lirange
Bad Kid

It's from fruits basket.
I copyed that, so it isnt very good, i'll try to put it in my words.

So long ago, god invited all the animals to the banquet the next day. All the animals were excited. The rat decided to play a trick on the cat. He said the banquet isnt tomorrow, but that day after tomorrow. The cat thanked the mouse and they part ways. On the day of the banquet 12animals came. The rat rode on the ox, and once they were at the entrance, the rat jumped off it and was the first one. The next day the cat arrived, and learned the banquet was yesterday. He was sad, and is mad at the cat.

You can always read fruits basket for the better telling of it, its in the first chapter or two. So that is why the cat hates the mice. And that is why the mice is first on the zodiac. And that is why the cat isn't included in the zodiac.

Last edited by Lirange; 04-14-2009 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 04-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #7
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Ah, so it's a story about the Chinese zodiac. That wasn't mentioned in the first one. If you had listed a few more animals, I might have gotten the pattern. Ancient Eastern hokum isn't exactly my cuppa, heh.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:45 PM   #8
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
The main guys in the series are Yuki and Kyo, Yuki turns into a mouse when hugged, Kyo turns into a cat when hugged, they don't like each other.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #9
Lirange
Bad Kid

you had to read the manga to get the first post.
so i made a second post for people who haven't
i think its a really good tale;D

edit: ^yea thats it
Old 04-14-2009, 10:36 PM   #10
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Lirange View Post
you had to read the manga to get the first post.
so i made a second post for people who haven't
i think its a really good tale;D

edit: ^yea thats it
The first post was just a joke and I don't think anyone needs to know the Chinese Zodiac or any parables associated with why any given animal is or isn't on it to understand the joke. I think your post simply made several people say "huh?".

And, while I would not intentionally show disrepect to Chinese Zodiacs, parables or beliefs, much of the western world accepts that cats chase and eat mice for the same reasons they chase and eat chipmunks, birds, frogs and any other small creature that scurries across their path - the excitment of the chase and the satisfaction of the meal.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Closed Thread