Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #21
kirbysprite
Would you like a fork?

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: kirbysprite | kirbycoke | kirbyade | kirbypunch
Current Level: 37|21|12|3
Server: Teva
kirbysprite has disabled reputation

I NEVER USE THE CASHSHOP!!! I just want to say that. I don't have credit card or all that other stuff.

My parents would never approve of me using real money to buy weird stuff especially if it's part of a game.

Thanks cillia!

ks = kirbysprite
ks =\= kill steal
STOP THE CONFUSION!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #22
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Yeah its kinda dumb to make you pay for hair dos xD
Old 05-14-2008, 10:21 PM   #23
Ulrike
Senior Torturer

In-Game Name: Ulrike
Current Level: 6x
Server: Bijou
Ulrike will become famous soon enoughUlrike will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ulrike
it's time they added some new hairdo's

:: reflection ::

set by loveless
Old 05-15-2008, 05:27 PM   #24
Arathyne
Speedy Honeying

In-Game Name: Destiny_Angel, NegativeHeart, Anuby, Mischivous
Current Level: 4X, 2X, 2X, 2X
Server: Epith
Arathyne is on a distinguished road
I think they will.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #25
Eru
Marlone Captain

In-Game Name: dunno
Eru has a spectacular aura aboutEru has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kirbysprite View Post
I NEVER USE THE CASHSHOP!!! I just want to say that. I don't have credit card or all that other stuff.

My parents would never approve of me using real money to buy weird stuff especially if it's part of a game.
interesting...(being a parent)...

would they have a problem with buying you a basketball? Or a deck/booster of Magic: The Gathering cards? Or a console game?

...just pure curiosity

edit-
Also...@mikey (kinda)
As long as the game is fully "playable" in its free form, I dont really think it's dumb for them to have ppl pay for any add on. It's what keeps their business model going and what keeps the game free

Last edited by Eru; 05-15-2008 at 05:57 PM..
Old 05-15-2008, 06:11 PM   #26
Davorix
Mushroom Fighter

Davorix is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Eruantien View Post
interesting...(being a parent)...

would they have a problem with buying you a basketball? Or a deck/booster of Magic: The Gathering cards? Or a console game?

...just pure curiosity

edit-
Also...@mikey (kinda)
As long as the game is fully "playable" in its free form, I dont really think it's dumb for them to have ppl pay for any add on. It's what keeps their business model going and what keeps the game free
Lol. It's really dumb to pay CS for a game, 'cause you won't play forever and it will always come new games to play or you will get bored. Also it's a graphic item and nothing in-reality.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #27
Eru
Marlone Captain

Originally Posted by Davorix View Post
Lol. It's really dumb to pay CS for a game, 'cause you won't play forever and it will always come new games to play or you will get bored. Also it's a graphic item and nothing in-reality.
true...which is why you pay real money for spark cash which can be used in many games and the "money" you spend for an individual game is relatively small.

plus, its the same thing with collectible card games (MTG, Pokemon, Lo5R, etc...) ... or toys for an infant ... or clothes for a teenager ... it kinda keeps going

Old 05-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #28
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Parents might think differently since it's an electronic transaction, sending off financial information to a company that they have no personal experience with, through the internet.

Also the thing mentioned before about it being virtual, they never actually see for themselves what they're buying I guess, or they might just think their child is spending too much time on the computer :3
Old 05-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #29
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
We pay for video games for a game system that will be crap in two years. We buy extra controllers and special controllers for certain games.
NASCAR 2006, 2007, 2008, any before that is a lot more fun if you play it with a steering wheel instead of a regular controller. It is an accessory along with memory cards. A new system will come out and all that money is gone, cuz they want the new system and the new games. Oh, and don't forget the game guides and books, yeah. So, what is a few bucks on this game even if we are not going to be playing it forever?

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 05-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #30
Eru
Marlone Captain

I believe there were other options besides credit cards...like money orders etc... also the exchange itself is handled by paypal which is sorta known for being trustworthy.

Spending too much time is also very subjective and relative. But that could be a whole 'nuther thread.

edit:
-nods at Spirit- ...indeed

Closed Thread