Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 02:18 AM   #1
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Question for Izahead

If you don't want to or can't answer this its fine, but hey its worth a try asking. And I don't want to post it on the main forums, because it'll probably be filled with flamers, but yeah...

I and afew friends were wondering how the GM distribution works between the servers.
Do you guys have to be logged on a certain amount of time of the day? Or something like that?
Because we've all pretty much gotten it well established that you are probably the most active GM in the game, and you're the main GM for Apoline. But some of us on Teva think its kind of unbalanced. Teva is clearly the most populated server, and we seem to lack a GM present a lot of the time. While you seem pretty active on Apoline, a server that isn't the most populated.
You'd figure the most populated server would require the most attention.
Note, I'm not complaining about anyone or anything, I can't bash anyone unless I've sat there and watched you guys work, and if I have the ability to out-do you guys, which I most likely can't ^^;; But I was just curious. I have no idea what our GM is doing, and for all I may know, he may be working the hardest.

Its not jealousy issues. But I've heard people mention this in the past, and I've wondered about it too.

No this isn't a "Hey complain about the GMs!" thread.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:23 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Very interesting! i've been curious about that too =D coz they seem to work right around the clock... and all through weekend... does their palm beep at them when the server isnt connecting and they hv to go back to work straight away?!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-16-2007, 02:24 AM   #3
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Yeah D: I'm a curious person. I always wonder about these things. Like.. what if the server went down at 3AM their time o.o
Old 11-16-2007, 02:31 AM   #4
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, last time the server went down, and everyone was screaming... and Steam came on and said "yes i know i've told the related people about it, i was gonna go have a quiet dinner" or something like that...

it sounds like they're on-call 24/7

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-16-2007, 02:37 AM   #5
Yosei
Corgi Addict

D: sounds like a stressful job. Seems simple up front, but still.. its like you can't escape it.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:39 AM   #6
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

another thing i'm curious about is whether they get paid well HAHAHAHAH but that's like asking a women how much they weigh.. so i'll let that question go...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-16-2007, 02:42 AM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

They might not be allowed to mention some things to us D:
Old 11-16-2007, 02:53 AM   #8
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I always get the impression that different GMs have different roles. Like, one GM could be in charge of in game stuff/forums more, while another GM is involved in the "behind the scenes" work, if you know what I mean... and that GMs get assigned their own server because you can't have one person appearing in three different servers all the time.

No idea but it's interesting to know.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:56 AM   #9
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Thats what I was wondering too. I know theres more than just Dakkon, Steam, and Murdock, but still.. I'm curious.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:01 AM   #10
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Steam = Ban-master

Dakkon = Events

Murdock = ...