Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 05-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #1
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Xbox One

Read

All hail the PS4.

But actually, this is why my Microsoft stock went down and my Sony/Nintendo stock went up...
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
PS 4 has no backwards compatibility too... so I hear?

What's with all these new consoles that wouldn't play old games!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:52 AM   #3
Entropy
Administrator
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
But actually, this is why my Microsoft stock went down and my Sony/Nintendo stock went up...
Yeah that and Windows 8, and Windows Phones, and Bing...
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:10 AM   #4
Lirange
Bad Kid

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post

I read somewhere that the ps4 has a different architecture than the ps3, so it would take to much work to be able to emulate the ps3 on the ps4. You can also always just keep your old system.
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Yeah that and Windows 8, and Windows Phones, and Bing...
I don't think any of those products are bad .
Old 05-27-2013, 03:12 AM   #5
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
I love my Windows Phone :]

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:32 AM   #6
Entropy
Administrator
I'm not saying Windows Phones or Bing are bad, just they don't have much market share and I believe MS loses money on them every year which doesn't help their stock price.

Windows 8 on a laptop I really don't like though.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:40 AM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei

People are also mad because you can get these games, but you will have to buy them digitally. And they are also making it so you have to install the games. So one console per physical copy of the game. You couldn't sell it again or let a friend borrow it.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:45 AM   #8
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Ooo... I'm surprised that these console games are making it harder and harder for us to get our money's worth... it's just pushing gamers into online games like Steam...

Triumph is the Samsung stock going up?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #9
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Ooo... I'm surprised that these console games are making it harder and harder for us to get our money's worth... it's just pushing gamers into online games like Steam...

Triumph is the Samsung stock going up?
It should be, the S4 is a great phone, and just came out in the United States. A quick peek in the Korean stock exchange seems to indicate it rose a little last week.

I hate the plastic feel of the S3/4, so incidentally, I now have an iPhone. Which most of my friends find hilarious, since I used to be a diehard Android user.

The issue with the Xbox One is that if you have mandatory game installation, combined with a non-replaceable hard drive (lol, what are we, the 1990s?), you are quickly gonna run out of space if you own a large collection of games and DLC. If they really plan on doing everything through the cloud, and have your games stored on the cloud... that's gonna get expensive.

Sales jumped 875%? on the Wii U last week, so I dunno what Microsoft is doing anymore. It's nice and all to try to appeal to everyone, but if you spread yourself so thin and alienate your primary consumer base (gamerfolk), then things aren't gonna go so well.

I'm still hung up on the "we're gonna appeal to the casuals" and "we're also gonna keep the subscription for Xbox Live."

Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
People are also mad because you can get these games, but you will have to buy them digitally. And they are also making it so you have to install the games. So one console per physical copy of the game. You couldn't sell it again or let a friend borrow it.
You technically can still lend I think, but you'd have to let people sign in on your account... but playing LAN is probably a thing of the past. Yay moneygrubbing. Playing multiplayer online (e.g. CoD/BF) won't change much, but no more lending RPGs to friends without lending them your account also...
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:53 AM   #10
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Even then, these online gaming store/source thingies tend to freak out and have a long and pain in the arse procedure just to log in from another PC or console. I despise code confirmations.

My boyfriend and his friend thrive off of borrowing. One will buy a game and let the other borrow it. The other will buy another game and let the other guy borrow it. Guess that's now over for the xbox.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote