Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #11
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all

Let me just confirm what a few have already said. Your internet speed, whether wireless or via dial-up modem is irrelevant to your graphics. The lag you're experiencing has nothing to do with your internet connection, it's just your computer giving you a bad frame rate.

The real source of your problem is your graphics card. The 7000M is an extremely low end integrated graphics card. The 7000M is designed for very minimal things. It struggles extensively with 3D rendering, and even with some videos. It is probably adds a significant strain on the card just running Vista. I'm afraid you're going to have to update to a more functional graphics card if you want to get past the bad graphics.

Important things to note for a graphics card are it's memory (not core) clock speed and dedicated memory. Most graphics cards on new laptops and PCs will support Fiesta just fine, so I won't delve further than those two details.

Clock speed helps your frame rate, and dedicated memory also improves frame rates for using higher resolutions. For a resolution like 1024x768 pixels you'll be fine with a 256 megabyte card. I would say a graphics card with 500 megahertz memory clock speed is good for gaming.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #12
GrimDarkHart
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Senieth
Current Level: 39 High Cleric
Server: Teva
GrimDarkHart is on a distinguished road
Thanks for that Dynamics. I've been thinking of upgrading my graphics card. As it turns out I have almost completely fixed the problem, it all came down to changing my battery supply/plugged-in settings. I have always kept it on power saver for use at school and I messed with the settings on High Performance and it runs great even on dial-up. Thanks to everyone for your ideas.
Closed Thread