Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
wompastompa
Kebing

Advanced Curveball Champion!Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: CHRONO_MAGE, Serenytty, InfernalDee
Current Level: 41/30/28
Server: TEVA,APOLINE,TEVA
wompastompa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to wompastompa
Anime VS Manga

Not really a which is better thread, but more like whats their differences. I've been reading and watching on and off for 6 years, and have recently been trying to catch up after about a year of "inactivity", and noticed the differences between the Manga and the Anime of the same series. I remebered reading full metal alchemist up to the 17th book of the English version. Then after about 3 months I watched the entire anime series within a week, and was surprised at how much information was changed, added and removed. Now have you ever read a manga only to be astounded by the surprising differences between its Anime equivalent? If so, what do you think about them.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I've.. never read a manga (LOL typed mango XD)

but I can understand why they would have to remove a lot of materials.. just like you read a Harry Potter book, there's a lot more information in the book, than the movie, coz they couldnt fit everything that you read in 2 hrs...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 02-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
wompastompa
Kebing

I would think its the other way around, since most of the books are turned into a series which could have over 50 episodes, resulting in a bit higher run time than the 2hours you mentioned ( more like 10hours). Although some do get turned into movies which does indeed trim a lot of the information in the Manga...I personally rather watch an anime series that has plenty of time to develope over a feature length film.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
aramil001
Grave Wolf

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: aramil001, aramils_revenge, IDK_a_namE, Kagame
Current Level: 67 fighter, 44 Cleric, 20 Fighter, 14 Archer
Server: Teva, Cypon
aramil001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to aramil001 Send a message via Skype™ to aramil001
I read Manga more so than I watch Anime. But to say the least, Manga has less rules to follow. Any aired animes (in the US) have several strict rules to follow, along with the stupid companies own restrictions (One Piece... 4kids anyone???) I'll need to find some data, when I get home...
Old 02-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #5
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
It usually depends. I try to watch and read each series I'm into. Sometimes the stories go differently. Like Inuyasha. They hadn't finished the anime series, so I went and read the manga and finished the series. But now they've started the anime back up again =D
Old 02-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
wompastompa
Kebing

there is definitely more restrictions in Anime than in manga, so yeah, I would think the story would be most original (as to the author's concept), but there is also more material added into the anime that could very well make it much more enjoyable. I prefer to watch and then read this way I can follow the story at a faster pace, then when all is done I can go back and read to find anything that I might have missed.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:28 AM   #7
jman517
Slow Slime

In-Game Name: killah_bunneh/King_of_Fights
Current Level: 60/65
Server: Epith/Legel
jman517 is on a distinguished road
Anime. DOnt like reading.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #8
Zest
Imp

In-Game Name: Zestute
Current Level: 36
Server: Bijou
Zest is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Zest
I prefer reading manga i think...it's always the best n original...
they alter some content from manga in anime myb thinking it's a much better ending or suitable view for us n also because due to limit number of episode they can do in an anime..though mostly they messed it up.

Take Fate/Stay night for example...all the best inspiring quotes can be taken from the manga bcoz the anime is totally...how should i say it? off track? In other words,it-the anime- totally downgraded the quality of the manga's plot.

But not all anime totally bad,some r quite good n have a good ending better than the manga. I repeat,SOME. lolz.

But sometimes we just dont want to spoil our eyes or making our hands tired from scrolling down manga pages online which is y we chose to watch anime.
Firstly,it summarises it up.
Secondly,the pictures/characters are moving unlike manga which is still pictures.
Thirdly,the characters can talk! like real talk with sound effects n all that especially when u r watching an action anime like naruto or d-gray man or one piece or heart tearing anime like full moon wo sagashite or music anime like la corda d'oro.
Anime makes these manga come alive on screen...it would b better with sound effects..
u cant feel the story sometimes without sound effects or voices especially the manga that revolves around music. Can u imagine reading such manga but u cant hear the bckground music that entices the audience or the music that the characters play in the manga??

So basically it's ur choice..but for me,I usually do both. reading the original manga n watching the anime. To get the best of both sides.

Last edited by Zest; 12-16-2010 at 10:57 AM..
Old 12-17-2010, 01:35 AM   #9
MissusDolly
Speedy Slime

MissusDolly is on a distinguished road
I've always preferred reading the manga when I get my hands on it because it has the real tale unlike anime which has a lot of filler and side stuff added to it. I've watched some different anime series, can't recall the ones I've watched since I've been more into actual books and movies, and I know they most likely went off track.

However, in any case I like the art of both which is why sometimes the story means very little to me.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #10
jyotibisht
Slime

jyotibisht is on a distinguished road
I like Anime .
Becoze i love to watch anime show, movies etc.................
Closed Thread