Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 02:53 AM   #1
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
My first siggy...

... using Photoshop.

What do you think?

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:12 AM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Ohh nice job for a first try! My first try wasn't any better! xDD

Here's a few things you can think about:

~ Add some lighting into your sig. Now, this has taken me a while to learn and I don't think I have still mastered it yet, but it sometimes helped me in blending my imagine with the background. At the moment, the stock looks like it's just stuck onto the background without any links to it. For example, you can try imagine having some sort of a light shining, on the top left of your stock. If you add that lighting to both your stock and the background, it would look like they blend together because the light effects both pictures, if you know what I mean.

~ Text. You can try a little fancy thing on your text since your signature isn't very busy looking. You don't have to go on using all the filters on your text or anything, but maybe just using a different colour like some shade of blue would be nice as it might go with your background. Or you can choose the colour of the dress on the girl as well. White seems a little too "default" and plain.

~ I can still see some white bits between the hair that you have erased. Now, I know this is really hard if you don't have a tablet (I've been through the pain before, D'x). What you could try though, is erase those white bits between the hair, and erase a bit of the hair if you need to. You can use a brush and draw the hair back yourself to touch up the edges if they look too crooked after erasing. That's what I used to do when I had to use my mouse.

Woops I typed a bit too much. D: I hope that helps a bit anyway. Dx I can see that you will be able to create an awesome sig after a few more practices, though! :3 Good luck!~
Old 07-21-2007, 03:50 AM   #3
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Lol thanks, I'll try to do that... BTW how do I change the color of her dress?

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:40 AM   #4
Kitager
Digerati

In-Game Name: Ermengarde
Current Level: 82
Server: WE ARE TEVA !!
Kitager will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Belaslav
There are a few ways. You're using PCS2 right?

My favorite way(it's VERY time consuming though) is to zoom in on the picture, and magnetic lasso each pixel within the dress, add a color, then change the transparency of that color to give the impression that it's an overlay(per se).

You could also play around with the saturation of colors, although this will only produce different shades and tints of the color on the dress.

Lastly, you could mess with with the RGB values. I don't really do this because I'm using Fireworks, and that option isn't readily available to me.

Did this help?

EDIT: That is a very nice first job! I'll post my first sig so you can see how crappy I USED to be! lol

Last edited by Kitager; 07-21-2007 at 04:46 AM..
Old 07-21-2007, 04:45 AM   #5
Kitager
Digerati

Yea. I am like still the BIGGEST RahXephon fan on earth right now...

Sorry for the double post. Just wanted to help Bel out!
Old 07-21-2007, 04:46 AM   #6
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Originally Posted by Belaslav View Post
Like Kitager said, I play around with saturation (press CTRL + U, and tick Colorize). I would make a duplicate of the layer with the dress, rub out everything except the dress (i.e. rub out the face, the swords, the hands etc), and just ctrl+u on that layer.

You can use the lasso tool to select it out but it's hard do to that if you don't have a tablet (actually, it's still kinda hard with a tablet, lol) and it's annoying to having to fix the selection all the time. Rubbing everything out on a new layer leaving the dress seems to be far more efficient to me.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:48 AM   #7
Kitager
Digerati

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah
You can use the lasso tool to select it out but it's hard do to that if you don't have a tablet (actually, it's still kinda hard with a tablet, lol)
I didn't know you could do that with a tablet! Man, I might need to get one! When I lasso a render, it takes me 2+ hours to get it right! lol
Old 07-21-2007, 07:56 AM   #8
Skeith
Kebing

In-Game Name: Kuhn
Current Level: 41
Skeith is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Skeith
Hey! guy's can i ask you a question!

What would you do if another person is using your Siggy without you even aprroving!

Cause someone in outspark forum is using mine! T_T
Old 07-21-2007, 08:17 AM   #9
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Originally Posted by Skeith View Post
Hey! guy's can i ask you a question!

What would you do if another person is using your Siggy without you even aprroving!

Cause someone in outspark forum is using mine! T_T
Hunt him down and kill him.

I'd pm that person and ask him politely to take it off. D: If he doesn't I guess you can go ahead and swear at him. That is so mean.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:29 AM   #10
NavMan
Tomb Fox

Tournaments Won: 8

In-Game Name: Navv
Current Level: 1000000000000
NavMan will become famous soon enoughNavMan will become famous soon enough
Who is the user anyway?

Closed Thread