Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: What should we do with inactive mods?
I don't care 10 31.25%
I think they should be demoted 18 56.25%
I think they should stay mods 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #1
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
[FiestaFan]What should we do with inactive mods?

As some of you may have noticed, some moderators tend to go inactive due to real life events, or they just get plain uninterested in moderating anymore. We are leaving it up to you to decide what we should do with them. Feedback as to why you picked that choice is always appreciated, too.

Does this mean there will be mod openings if they get demoted? Nope, so don't go picking the wrong choice just because you want to be a mod because we already have enough.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
BuzZzKiLL
Mara Pirate Elite

In-Game Name: BuzZzKiLL
Current Level: Mage 5x Tank6x
Server: Bijou
BuzZzKiLL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BuzZzKiLL
i chose idc cuz..well, their inactive. i dunno if id like to be demoted because of situations irl, and if i diddnt feel like moddin anymore id atlest tell some1. i guess u could jsut set a rule for inactives, like a month or a couple will get u demoted, i mean how hard can it be to pop on a comp for all of 2 mins to say HIII IM NOT DEAD! so u kno there just not quittin or sumthin :/
Old 02-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Eh, I guess. Its really not a big deal, but Andy & NavMan have pretty obviously quit. (1 post every other month = quit.)
Old 02-20-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Bring out the tar and feathers....

But seriously, I don't really see anything pressing about it.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Though I don't personally care as long as there are active mods. I believe that if a person is no longer interested in modding or have other real life events that they need to tend to... then they should at least say so.

We have great mods here so what's 2 inactive people?
Old 02-20-2008, 07:01 PM   #6
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Server: Teva
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Thinking of the community and if they mods are really that inexpensive, then I would say yes demote them. They should go down to 1ppd...

The only exception is if they tell you that their going to be gone for a while then you can ask them if what they wanna do with their mod status.

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 02-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #7
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
I say demoted...

If you take the responsibility of becoming a mod, then you have to be there.

I was a mod for another forum before, and I just think that leaving for a while, and then coming back with the same status as you had before, without having to do anything defeats the point of someone being at an "above" status.

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 02-20-2008, 07:29 PM   #8
A_Forever
:w

I said demoted =\ Sorry D:
Old 02-20-2008, 07:46 PM   #9
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
I say make them "Retired mods" or something.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:53 PM   #10
Ulrike
Senior Torturer

In-Game Name: Ulrike
Current Level: 6x
Server: Bijou
Ulrike will become famous soon enoughUlrike will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ulrike
Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
Bring out the tar and feathers....

But seriously, I don't really see anything pressing about it.
That's kind of my feeling too. I mean, with these mods inactive, at least from where I'm standing, I don't think the forums have fallen into a chaotic state. And to active mods, do you guys feel like you need the extra help?

:: reflection ::

set by loveless
Closed Thread