Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:56 AM   #11
KY_Jelly
Spider

In-Game Name: Unbanned
Current Level: 28
Server: Teva
KY_Jelly is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Levathian View Post
Sounds troublesome...but i guess it makes use of the full potential of a fighter
not really.

if they are set to hotkeys, its a simple tap of a number or right click on a square, easy really.

I picked the Idea up off of O-mie who uses an Xbow for skills and a regular bow for normal play.

i also have a 2h sword but it doesn't deal as much damage as the axe, so i dont use it. According to LFK, however, I'll be trading my axe in for a sword around level 40.

But really, trying to maintain a versatile fighter is expensive. buy 3 seperate types of mastery levels really adds up.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #12
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Kinda confused by LFK's arguments a bit but they all seem pretty sound.

Although could you go into further of how a 2handed sword can out DPS an axe?
I know if we talk aim wise the sword as much more consistent damage.

Your argument states that with full buffs and vitality and Full str a 2handed swordsman can out damage an axe fighter, but shouldn't the axe fighter have the same buffs and probably the same stats?
I'm a bit stupid in math to compute this out.

Btw: Ky Jelly, i was saying i meant 2handed were better in comparison to axes in pve. Shield is always the best grinding setup..
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:49 PM   #13
KY_Jelly
Spider

oh i know. but right now i'm mostly party tanking, so i just stick with 1h and shield. when i want to solo, i quick switch back and forth between the two. I hit the mob with slice and dice, switch to axe and use fatal slash, bone slicer, and power hit, then switch back to 1h and shield and use bone slicer one more time. most mobs my level are only a couple of hits away by then.

As most people in here have stated, the axe really shines when you are spamming skills as there is no delay in that. When i am solo grinding that is what i use my axe for, and use my 1h and shield for the rest of the fight. If i am trying to lay out pure DPS, i still stick to my axe as it is out DPSing my 2h sword (which is in concurrance with LFK's figures)

however, according to him, around level 40, i'll be using my 2hsword for pve grinding as it will out dps the axe.

and this makes sense why jeneatbelmont uses a 2h sword. i always thought it odd she didn't have an axe. but at her level, the 2h sword out dps's the axe.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:35 PM   #14
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by KY_Jelly View Post

and this makes sense why jeneatbelmont uses a 2h sword. i always thought it odd she didn't have an axe. but at her level, the 2h sword out dps's the axe.
Thats what i want to see proof of. Just because some lvl 50 people use a sword DOESN'T mean they'll use it for pvp OR they think it outdamages the axe.

All i want to see though is the mathmatical proof that the axe will out DPS the sword in Pve.
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:57 PM   #15
KY_Jelly
Spider

I'll try to crunch some numbers today when i get on my main and i have a chance to look at all the different numbers.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:56 AM   #16
Yangster
Fire Mushroom

Yangster is on a distinguished road
Wow... i didn't expect this many replies... thanks guys! I want to mainly focus on 2 handers so i guess the 25 SPR and the rest to END is my best bet?

and i'm still a total noob
Old 10-20-2007, 02:13 AM   #17
KY_Jelly
Spider

once you get to later levels, spr and end (and to a much lesser extent, dex) are the only things you'll see any sort of difference in.

I think rokaraged suggests 25 spr, 5-10 dex, and the rest in end.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:59 AM   #18
Yangster
Fire Mushroom

Yangster is on a distinguished road
from what I've heard, dex doesn't really help in the long run... is that true? and this is for a permanent 2hander i'm making...
Old 10-20-2007, 03:12 AM   #19
KY_Jelly
Spider

I don't really know personally, i haven't ever levelled a fighter high enough to test out that theory. I believe the point is that in high level parties later, you need the extra aim to do any real damage (especially if you have an axe)

and adding spr past 25 has diminishing returns. Adding end only give you so much HP and def bonus and really isn't too useful unless you go 1h for the increased block rate.

adding str is absolutely pointless. it adds so little no one is going to be able to tell the difference. who cares about an extra 66 damage when you're already coming up on 1000 from base stats.

and obviously int isn't helpful, you have no magic attacks.

so those points have to go somewhere dont they?
Old 10-20-2007, 03:15 AM   #20
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

the 5-10 dex is OPTIONAL, but should help for axe users.
I call it insurance
In most cases you won't need it because of power scrolls but it does help on pesky situations...
Closed Thread