Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:44 PM   #1
Nocturjo
Slime

In-Game Name: Nocturjo
Current Level: X
Server: Apoline
Nocturjo is on a distinguished road
Advice needed ~ My Fighter Build

I've read around on this and a few other forums, and I see that people have put points in SPR till 20/25 then I see others who have gone STR or END all the way, and some people go mixed, well I'm still confused on whats best for me. I want to mostly solo (partying with guildmates on accassion). (not really into KQ's)

I was thinking of going all END till lv20/25, then go STR from there (while using a 2-handed sword)

Any advice/comments? Am I gonna suck at later lvls?

p.s. burning through potions is not really a problem as I have no problem spending a few days just gathering ingredients to make them)

[edit] Will also be making my own scrolls.
[edit2] Also help on what skills to empower would be nice also.

Last edited by Nocturjo; 10-12-2007 at 08:50 PM..
Old 10-12-2007, 10:24 PM   #2
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Since you're into soloing and you don't care so much about pots, I suggest you base your build on damage. When grinding on your own, having a high offense is important. Most monsters in Fiesta deal high damage regardless of your defense, and being able to dispose of them quickly is the best way to reduce the overall damage dealt to you. A good offense is quite often the best defense. Killing monsters quickly also means you're gaining experience at a faster rate.

I'm going to recommend full spirit if you're into dealing criticals. The strength from this build won't show til later, but it definitely isn't regrettable. A lot of people will argue that not putting points into endurance or strength is foolhardy. I laugh at them. At the higher levels, your natural base damage is so high (roughly 1000), that 60 or so strength (60 or so damage) is somewhat negligible. The same can be said for HP, although, the block from endurance is something that shouldn't be overlooked.

Another build you could try is putting your points into strength early, then following with spirit. If you don't have the patience or commitment, points into strength in the early levels are very useful for boosting your damage. The plus side with strength is the consistency in damage, and it's practicality in the lower levels. Eventually the benefits will wear thing at around level 30, at which point you should begin investing for that 25 spirit to gain the 5% critical. If you don't mind a slight damage nerf early, putting 25 points into spirit first isn't too bad either.

Don't despair too much over stat points, however. Since Fiesta has a natural stat gain system, bonus stats don't benefit you too much in the long term. Whether you put all your points into strength, spirit or endurance, you'll find that at level 50ish you'll be on par with any other fighter wearing the same equipments.

As for your skill empowerments, investing 5 points into power hit's power, along with slice and dice (hoping that you don't require a one handed weapon to use this though, if you do then disregard empowering it completely). Dealing criticals on either of these skills can be disastrous for any enemy. Pretty much just invest into power, power and power for damage.

An alternative is to invest into cooldowns, which will mean more oppurtunities to get that elusive, devestating critical in.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:43 AM   #3
Nocturjo
Slime

In-Game Name: Nocturjo
Current Level: X
Server: Apoline
Nocturjo is on a distinguished road
Thanks, very informative, but I need opinions from more people to make my final choice. plz people, feel free to speak.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:16 AM   #4
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Tournaments Won: 1

Zotius is on a distinguished road
Actually, I would suggest empowering Power Hit's SP cost. It will help a lot during the lower levels. Maybe 2 or 3 points into SP cost and 2 or 3 into Power making a total of 5 into Power Hit. After you're done with that you can start saving up for Devastate and finally Whirlwind Kick at level 43 and 60 respectively. For Slice and Dice, it's a One Handed Weapon skill.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:37 AM   #5
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
Since you're into soloing and you don't care so much about pots, I suggest you base your build on damage. When grinding on your own, having a high offense is important. Most monsters in Fiesta deal high damage regardless of your defense, and being able to dispose of them quickly is the best way to reduce the overall damage dealt to you. A good offense is quite often the best defense. Killing monsters quickly also means you're gaining experience at a faster rate.

I'm going to recommend full spirit if you're into dealing criticals. The strength from this build won't show til later, but it definitely isn't regrettable. A lot of people will argue that not putting points into endurance or strength is foolhardy. I laugh at them. At the higher levels, your natural base damage is so high (roughly 1000), that 60 or so strength (60 or so damage) is somewhat negligible. The same can be said for HP, although, the block from endurance is something that shouldn't be overlooked.

Another build you could try is putting your points into strength early, then following with spirit. If you don't have the patience or commitment, points into strength in the early levels are very useful for boosting your damage. The plus side with strength is the consistency in damage, and it's practicality in the lower levels. Eventually the benefits will wear thing at around level 30, at which point you should begin investing for that 25 spirit to gain the 5% critical. If you don't mind a slight damage nerf early, putting 25 points into spirit first isn't too bad either.

Don't despair too much over stat points, however. Since Fiesta has a natural stat gain system, bonus stats don't benefit you too much in the long term. Whether you put all your points into strength, spirit or endurance, you'll find that at level 50ish you'll be on par with any other fighter wearing the same equipments.

As for your skill empowerments, investing 5 points into power hit's power, along with slice and dice (hoping that you don't require a one handed weapon to use this though, if you do then disregard empowering it completely). Dealing criticals on either of these skills can be disastrous for any enemy. Pretty much just invest into power, power and power for damage.

An alternative is to invest into cooldowns, which will mean more oppurtunities to get that elusive, devestating critical in.
No offense at all to you Dynamics,, but i would have to disagre with some of tihs.
-I would disagree with the full offense thing, Sure it the faster the better in parties but shield tankers can solo much more efficiently then 2handers.
- Str's effects regardless of level early or late game are negligble if not even noticeable I seriously DON'T RECOMMEND any points at all into Str until you get 25 Spr
- Unlike STr, end gives a nice hand early and in mid game, but as dynamics said the health bonus becomes negligble later on. The defense bonus from level 1 is worthless...
- What i usually recommend to ALL fighters if their not going full end is atleast 25 spr, and 5-10 dex. Afterwards almost all the stats become USELESS to an extent so your free to pick what you want to raise.

Skillwise
-What i recommend
5 points in damage for SliceNdice (1handers) or powerhit (2handers) you may add points for cooldown time too.
10 points for devastate ( either pick damage, cooldown, or stun time)
5 points for vampiric strike
-What I concider optional but helpful
increase duration on, vitality( a big MAYBE) bone slicer or FatalSlash
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.

Last edited by rokaraged; 10-13-2007 at 04:43 AM..
Old 10-13-2007, 10:33 AM   #6
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
I find soloing with my full endurance shield fighter more tedious compared to soloing with my old full spirit archer. The damage difference between the two is the reason for this. My fighter can't dish out any damage and it's a crying shame when I'm grinding, because even though he has enormous defense, he still uses the same amount of stones. He's level 33 at the moment, and I imagine it to get even more tedious as I face Harkans and the like on my own. Since the OP is talking about soloing with a fighter, I figured I'd just throw in my own experiences with my low damage shield fighter. It's a pain in the ass to grind on your own Nocturjo, find a party D:
Old 10-13-2007, 12:07 PM   #7
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
The reality of soloing with a 2hander fighter is usually much more expensive. Archers atleast have range to do some extra damage a kite a little before they close in. 2hander fighters cannot and must absorb blows or stun immediately when soloing....
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #8
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Well that's pretty much what I do. I start off with Concussive Charge then knock out the mob. Start on the next mob with Power Hit and then finish off with normal attacks. Then repeat the cycle.

As for Power Hit I wouldn't suggest putting points into cooldown. It already has a 6 second cooldown. Putting points into SP Cost as I said earlier will benefit you much more.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:26 PM   #9
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

The problem is, stun does not always work and what if u accidently pull 2 at once?
The shield helps makes up for mistakes like this.
The sp cost is a good suggestion for grinding but I would find it kinda pointless for someone interested in PVP since eveyrone is constantly spamming skills and sp stones. 1handed fighters in there already do low damage..

Talk more about this later i g2g ttyl
Old 10-13-2007, 12:45 PM   #10
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Well overall SP cost will benefit more than cooldown. Ok think of it this way. SP cost will not allow you to spam as much but will save your money on SP Stones. Cooldown will allow you to spam alot but will eat your money like breathing air.

Well I guess it depends on the player's style of playing. Ok see you for now.
Closed Thread