Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 02:20 AM   #1
Uklyvian
Prock Zone

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Uklyvian/Will/Nachito
Current Level: 8x/7x/6x
Server: Teva
Uklyvian is infamous around these parts
Need support on my idea

I proposed the idea of a kq adventure squad. Essentially high level players who go and help with failing kqs. Please show support here:

http://outspark.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92601

I would appreciate it since I don't believe it is getting a lot of attention.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:27 AM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
The idea is cool, but I can see two problems:

1. I don't think a squad can help all the failing KQs. So, it wouldn't be exactly fair if some people were unlucky and never got help from higher levels while some lucky people gets help every second KQ or something.

2. It would make people slack off even more, because they are gonna grow to rely on higher levels.

I had particularly liked Kingdom Quests because they encourage a lot of team work, and when there's team work in the KQ, it's a lot of fun. Doing this might potentially "spoil" the newer generations, and it's not like the newer generations are getting any better either... xD

Just thoughts though. There are both pro's and con's to the idea (there is one for each idea anyway! xD).
Old 07-23-2008, 02:48 AM   #3
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
The idea itself is born of good intent.

However, as Cat-e has pointed out, the already flagging participants in the lower level KQs, with the assistance of higher level players, will only become more dependent, and less self-sufficient.

Part of this dwells in the unwillingness to expend personal resources. For instance, people are unwilling to use their own potions and stones, placing a lot of burden on the clerics. Fighters are therefore unwilling to mock, as it not only threatens their survival, but also their oh-so-small resource pool. Mages are afraid to attack, for fear of their survival; same with archers. This puts clerics at a dilemma, doesn't it?

A good idea, but it may be difficult to implement. Also, it opens up another can of worms. Certain guilds enjoy random, unprovoked attacks. This behavior is also omnipresent in the higher level pool in general. Higher levels possess a sense of superiority: this may lead them to swarm low level KQs for the sake of ruining it for others. I believe my point ties in quite well with Hessah's disapproval of naked level 79s running around in KKP.

I'm a cynic. But I've seen it all in Teva: The rise of Teva/Harlequin, the reformation into Collision, the rise and fall of BusouRenkin and GardonOfRecluse. Same with Berserk, Dragonfly, and Inner_Circle. I have to say that Oligarchy and Nakama are doing quite well. Collision is still going strong at the last time I checked.

The only problem is, Oligarchy is full of shout spammers and Nakama enjoys random declarations of war.

tl, dr anyone?
Old 07-23-2008, 02:57 AM   #4
Uklyvian
Prock Zone

I agree with all the problems you two mentioned. And KQ Adventure Squad is just a catchy name, it would have a be a lot of players across a lot of servers. And it would not be open to anyone because then, yes, the kqs would be swarmed and full of a lot of not so intelligent high levels, since we all know they exist now that it is so easy to cap. There are a lot of potential problems that I like hearing feedback on, so keep it coming ^^

What I envision/have in mind is a group of trusted players. We did it with [GL]Nei a bit before he was told he wasn't allowed to anymore. This was the overall response:

"Holy Crap! You guys are amazing! I wish I could be that strong." And the person goes out and grinds for a bit to get stronger.

While that was not the response from everyone, we got that a lot. I have made friends from my kq runs with Nei, one of which is now high level and in my guild, Cookies, which beats Nakama in every war ~.~.

So while there are problems, I think that if tweeked it could become a good thing.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:07 AM   #5
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Uklyvian View Post
What I envision/have in mind is a group of trusted players. We did it with [GL]Nei a bit before he was told he wasn't allowed to anymore.
Then I must inquire as to what determines a group of "trusted" players.

Now I will be blunt, and I will say what needs to be said. This is not flaming in my eyes, but statement pure, unbiased fact.

We shall use the popular Community Leader Centrix as our first example. He caught onto fame with the proposal of his "GameHelper" character some time between August and December of 2007. Does that mean he is trustable? He merely marketed his willingness to help, and was consequently rewarded with Cash Shop items that are unreleased, along with either the power to create or access high level characters on a whim. You must know his history to argue my point. I've known him quite a while, though he does not know this username. I was there when he was on GZF, which if you know his history, that is reasonably sufficient to cover.

Secondly, we shall use various rising celebrities as another point of interest. Users that are willing to volunteer their time are awarded half-staff privileges. Magazine publication staff are exempt from this example. For instance, the so-called "popular" users of each server (we shall omit names here) are always prevalent in shout conversations. This is a given, despite the annoyances they cause. Does that mean they are trustable as well? They have many people to affirm so, but being a shout spammer does not necessarily equate to trustworthiness.

To be honest, it's not necessary to even read that wall of text. The point is:

Who determines which players are the trustworthy ones?
Old 07-23-2008, 03:13 AM   #6
Uklyvian
Prock Zone

Not sure there is a good answer to that. Possibly trustworthy is not the right word. Maybe dedicated and intelligent players? Dedicated not only to the game but to helping others out. Yosei comes to mind. She rarely has a bad thing to say about anyone and is always willing to help. Even in the face of threads like "I have never really liked Yosei" (it existed).

And the other CLs seem to be pretty dependable. Serric seems to do his job well and take's care of things on the forum. I won't argue that, even then, they may not be considered trustworthy, but it is possible to see those who are going to be a help to the KQs and who would be a hinderance.

Last edited by Uklyvian; 07-23-2008 at 03:16 AM..
Old 07-23-2008, 03:17 AM   #7
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm... it seems like a good idea... and i'm sure we all want to go back and pwn those things that 1HKOed us before XD

ok its not opened to everyone so many we cant all go back and do that...

Back on topic...

As much as it sounds like a good idea, but it seems to throw things out a bit at the same time hmm...

Will it make people go "oh well we dont hv to work hard, if we're failing someone will come rescue us"

and it kinda defeats the purpose of a KQ... part of the fun is know that you gotta work together to win right? if u wont lose, no challenge... then does it take the fun out of it?

And the KQ u guys got in was HOneying KQ... i personally believe that they should increase the number of participates for that KQ, rather than send a high level in there...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 07-23-2008 at 03:19 AM..
Old 07-23-2008, 03:21 AM   #8
Uklyvian
Prock Zone

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post

And the KQ u guys got in was HOneying KQ... i personally believe that they should increase the number of participates for that KQ, rather than send a high level in there...
We went to honeying kq, robo kq, mara kq, slime kq, and md kq. All of which were failing, like major failing. We went into a robo with one mage left.

And say we were to make miniature GL, who could summon others into the kq, that would open it up to a lot more players. Though it would be difficult to erase biases held by the mini GL. Meaning they would have a tendency to summon the same group of friends over and over again.

Some sort of application process comes to mind to me, but it may be getting a little complicated for Outspark to test on a whim.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:24 AM   #9
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Dependability, certainly. But the background knowledge?

Or maybe I just know too much about the intricacies about the game, and I'm getting fastidious about the details. But from my observations, some of the CLs should stick to, well, moderation of the forums, rather than arguing with players about gameplay.

I assume that we all know what happens when a horde of inexperienced players into a KQ such as KKP with a plethora of possible predicament.

This is proving to be more entertaining than shooting people and getting called a waller/aimbot/lagger/noob/various other internet terms.

I'm weird, go figure.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:29 AM   #10
Uklyvian
Prock Zone

Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
Or maybe I just know too much about the intricacies about the game, and I'm getting fastidious about the details. But from my observations, some of the CLs should stick to, well, moderation of the forums, rather than arguing with players about gameplay.
This is why they are called Community Leaders and not Game Leaders, though I do agree with you in that they seem to forget that. And the knowledge part....

We all agree that there are generations of players, and that the generations just keep getting less and less intelligent/capable. For example, having a high level going into robo and showing a fighter how to tank couldn't be completely negative, or a cleric going in and showing a noob how to keep their party alive. And there are always those few intelligent ones in the bunch, that I wouldn't mind helping in a kq.
Closed Thread