Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 08:59 PM   #1
Shu!
Imp

In-Game Name: iDemon
Current Level: 4x
Server: Bijou
Shu! is on a distinguished road
I think ill do this...

ok so im a cleric and im going to solo at calapse prison at some stage like i saw someone doing but i was thinking maybe go full End? i mean it does
1.save ppl thinking too much
2.last longer when you get aggros from healing

and wouldnt time = more dmg? so maybe def will balance the dmg intake/delt?

Last edited by Shu!; 11-20-2007 at 09:22 PM..
Old 11-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
Cpt_Amazing
Site Supporter

In-Game Name: Cpt_Amazing
Current Level: 83|53|45
Server: Epith|Teva|Epith
Cpt_Amazing will become famous soon enough
well I'm a lil confused by how you wrote what you did, but if you really do intend to solo, then I'd suggest going with the END. If you need dmg and all that then you can make it up with rings and other equipment items.

plus you get more time to attack since you don't have to worry about you hp as much as you would if you didn't go with END, giving you time to rechagre your Bash which is your dmg moneymaker
Old 11-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
It is time inefficient to have full END. You will take less damage in the long run, but you simply won't do enough damage.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:34 PM   #4
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
It is time inefficient to have full END. You will take less damage in the long run, but you simply won't do enough damage.
Honestly, it's really not that slow. I am a patient man and full end is quick enough for me.

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Old 11-20-2007, 11:35 PM   #5
Spells
Slanderer Phinoflie

In-Game Name: Cleric007
Current Level: 3x
Server: Apoline
Spells is on a distinguished road
Yeah, currently on my Cleric at level 27 I have +5 dex (dump all 5 points into dex after job change), +22 End, +5 SPR. Personally I wish I stuck with just full end at times. Yet having that extra bit of aim/evasion, sp/crit does help a lot too. The best thing I can suggest is to feel out the character and truely spend time to understand your character and what it can handle. Hybrids like mine are just as fun as full end/str/spr clerics.

Spells - WizMage LvL 29 Inactive
Sharp_Arrows - Archer LvL 25 Inactive
Old 11-20-2007, 11:50 PM   #6
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I'm just wondering how many people can actually solo all the way though. I always get the impression that at level 50+, it'll become pretty tedious and boring to solo. =/
Old 11-21-2007, 12:08 AM   #7
Spells
Slanderer Phinoflie

In-Game Name: Cleric007
Current Level: 3x
Server: Apoline
Spells is on a distinguished road
Hmm...Well to be honest I made this Cleric specifically for solo play in this game as I have limited game time as it is. Other classes solo eat up funds quick and quiete frankly, die easily without support heals. Knowing that I can quickly and easily heal myself and continue to dmg. Clerics have it the easiest for solo play. Even at higher levels I'd have to assume the same.

Spells - WizMage LvL 29 Inactive
Sharp_Arrows - Archer LvL 25 Inactive
Old 11-21-2007, 12:15 AM   #8
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Spells View Post
Hmm...Well to be honest I made this Cleric specifically for solo play in this game as I have limited game time as it is. Other classes solo eat up funds quick and quiete frankly, die easily without support heals. Knowing that I can quickly and easily heal myself and continue to dmg. Clerics have it the easiest for solo play. Even at higher levels I'd have to assume the same.
Yeah that is true. xD
Old 11-21-2007, 03:24 AM   #9
Cpt_Amazing
Site Supporter

In-Game Name: Cpt_Amazing
Current Level: 83|53|45
Server: Epith|Teva|Epith
Cpt_Amazing will become famous soon enough
I've found I can solo orcs at lvl 34 with my cleric. Stats in END fully cept for 6 in SPR. Granted I had a cleric buff, vit scroll, def scroll, and power (tier 2) scroll.

Pretty fullfilling though if you can pull it all off (despite taking out a good deal of my hp stones) and it takes a while as well
Old 11-21-2007, 04:21 AM   #10
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Cpt_Amazing View Post
I've found I can solo orcs at lvl 34 with my cleric. Stats in END fully cept for 6 in SPR. Granted I had a cleric buff, vit scroll, def scroll, and power (tier 2) scroll.

Pretty fullfilling though if you can pull it all off (despite taking out a good deal of my hp stones) and it takes a while as well
I highly doubt it is time efficient to solo orcs at level 34. Economically speaking, it is a disaster. If you're even able to survive more than a few hits, your damage per hit will be incredibly low. Not to mention you'll burn about 5 stones in SP alone for heals per orc.
Closed Thread